WWE Women's Division Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From that Alicia interview...

Sometimes I feel embarrassed of my career in a sense because like when the fans come up and say, "Underrated or this or that." I never really realized that until social media popped up. Then I'm left thinking, "Am I underrated?" I'm one of the only girls that don't have any merch, never had any merch even when the Bella Twins and I were together it was still Team Bella, but I never complained about any of those things because in my head, "It's okay, it's okay." A lot of fluffy content thinking. But you know what, maybe it's not okay, but then it gets me upset and angry because then I'm thinking well what will my next chapter look like? Is it going to be okay if I'm not putting food on my table or my career's at the control of someone else?

Damn. :(

Bayley recently spoke with Metro UK while promoting WWEs upcoming European tour; you can read a few highlights below:

Bayley on fan speculation that her storyline with Sasha Banks will lead to a heel turn, if shes comfortable with it:

Its something I think about because I know anything is possible when youre with WWE. I dont know if I have to go to the dark side, although I do read all the tweets and I do know its what the fans are kinda hoping for. As a performer I need to change in the ring, to be a little bit more aggressive and go about things in a different way rather than Bayley following the rules all the time. I might have to bend the rules a little bit to get what I want this time around. I realised when I was out with my injury that I need to go about things differently and not let people push me around so much.

Bayley on the WWE women being seen as equals to the male Superstars:

Were WWE Superstars now, were not Divas anymore and were main eventing Raw and having huge matches on Pay-Per-View. Theres two titles on Raw and SmackDown and talented women on both shows including NXT and the Mae Young Classic.

Everyone talks about the womens revolution and all this stuff, but its okay to stop mentioning it and start accepting it for what it is. Its just wrestling, and a lot of us just want to have good matches and be all on one show.

Bayley comments on how shes handled being taunted at events:

The thing about our shows as John Cena says all the time is that the fans all have their opinion and they can express it which makes our show so cool. I was definitely one of those people, when I went to shows I would yell you suck at someone that I didnt like, or make a mean sign if someone was wrestling my favourite. Ive never really experienced anything too crazy luckily. Ive had someone flip me off before, that was probably the craziest thing but I just smiled and waved.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/887617-bayley-on-being-comfortable-with-a-heel-turn-being-seen-as-equals-how-she-handles-being-taunted

Ronda Rousey has never been shy to voice her love for the WWE, so many believe that she'll eventually make her way into the squared circle. In an interview with Sky Sports, Triple H made it clear that the interest is mutual.

The former UFC women's bantamweight champion, Rousey hasn't fought since December when she lost to Amanda Nunes by first-round knockout. She has remained out of the spotlight for the most part, but she recently made appearances at the Mae Young Classic to support her friend and fellow "Four Horsewomen" member Shayna Baszler.

Rousey, whose "Rowdy" nickname is a tribute to Roddy Piper, appeared at WrestleMania 31 in 2015 in a segment that involved The Rock, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon. She has said that she doesn't yet know what's next for her, but Triple H said the door is wide open for her to come to WWE.

"Ronda has made no secret her whole career that she has been a huge fan of WWE growing up," Triple H told Sky Sports News. "She has been on record saying WWE is probably some of the most fun that she has ever had in her entire career. I have been out there publicly saying that if she wants the opportunity I am happy to give it to her. She is looking for the opportunity so it seems like a perfect match-up. I am excited to have the conversation with her and see where it goes."

When Rousey appeared at the Mae Young Classic, she and her fellow "stablemates" were confronted by the Four Horsewomen of the WWE. Charlotte Flair in particular called her out, saying "she knows where to find me!" Current UFC women's featherweight champion Cris Cyborg also recently commented that she would only fight Rousey in the WWE.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/1004/632783/triple-h-says-ronda-rousey-looking-for-opportunity-in-wwe/

Archived