WWE Women's Division Discussion Thread

Ernez

Today's episode of Chasing Glory with Lilian Garcia features an in-depth interview with Sonya Deville. In the interview, Deville opens up about her big break on Tough Enough, what it was like to come out as gay on national television, overcoming family struggles and much more.

Being the first openly gay woman in WWE:

"I guess I put a big burden on myself because I want to send out the right message and I want to talk about it properly, and I do want to make sure that people hear my story because I think that it's an interesting one that can help a lot of people. I get tweets and stuff. I tear up now just thinking about it. This little girl the other day was tweeting me her name's Courtney and telling me that she came out to her family because she read my post and everything. I gave her the courage... that's the kind of influence I want to have. It's not just being gay. It's just being you."

About equality:

"The more that it's a thing, the less that it's the norm. It needs to be the norm, you know? It needs to be just a part of what we do, and that's when we become equal. We now raise our standards and that's what people are looking for. I don't think it needs to define me, in the sense that I am just another competitor, but it is something about me that I feel like I can speak on and really help other people with."

https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/51111/Sonya-Deville-Speaks-About-Being-First-Openly-Gay-Woman/

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Metro UK recently interviewed new WWE Superstar and former UFC womens bantamweight champion, Ronda Rousey. She addressed wanting to see CM Punk back in WWE. Rousey also addressed CM Punk pursuing another fight in the UFC. Below are some highlights.

Ronda Rousey on her debut at the Rumble: It was a little different in that every single time I went out for another competition it was something that Id trained for and done a million times, and I knew exactly what I was going out there to do. At the Royal Rumble, I knew for a fact that I had no clue about what I was doing! I just had to believe in myself, and I thought whats the worst that can happen? Thats not a reason to not try and do something great.

Rousey on the main difference between Dana White and Vince McMahon: Dana is one of my best friends and is somebody who I can call up any time and say lets go for dinner, or drinks or even something completely random like asking him to fly to India, and hed consider it. I dont even have Vinces number! Its a very different relationship, I highly respect Vince and very much appreciate the opportunity hes given me but its more like, if I can get a handshake from him and him telling me Ive done a good job, that totally makes my day. With Dana, Id expect him to grab me, hug me, pick me up and shake the hell out of me! If Dana just shook my hand and told me good job, Id be like what the hell Dana, thats it?! But with Vince McMahon, Id be like oh my God, Vince McMahon shook my hand and told me I did a good job! Its very different, I have a much more personal relationship with Dana, and a very professional relationship with Vince.

Ronda Rousey on if she wants to see CM Punk back in WWE: I think everybody on Earth would love to see him back in WWE, and I would completely fall all over myself and be honored if he wanted to be involved with me in any way, shape or form. But also, its not all about everyone else. Its his life and its about him. Hes doing what he enjoys, what hes passionate about and what brings out the best of him. Im sure theres a lot of people that wish I would come back to fighting, but you know what, I dont fight for them, and he doesnt wrestle for us. He should do what he wants to do and what makes him into the person he feels like hes meant to be. If thats fighting right now, then all the power to him. Fight to your hearts content. Everyone in the world knows he has a gift for wrestling and he has something special, and if he ever feels like sharing it with us again, then hell yeah, please, even if its not with me, I just hope Im there to see it. If he never wants to get back in that ring again, he has every reason not to, and all the respect in the world from me.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/ronda-rousey-cm-punk-back-wwe/

Full interview: http://metro.co.uk/2018/03/15/wwe-star-ronda-rousey-talks-cm-punk-vince-mcmahon-dana-white-pokemon-7390302/

Guest Shades of Cool

Metro UK recently interviewed new WWE Superstar and former UFC womens bantamweight champion, Ronda Rousey. She addressed wanting to see CM Punk back in WWE. Rousey also addressed CM Punk pursuing another fight in the UFC. Below are some highlights.

Ronda Rousey on her debut at the Rumble: It was a little different in that every single time I went out for another competition it was something that Id trained for and done a million times, and I knew exactly what I was going out there to do. At the Royal Rumble, I knew for a fact that I had no clue about what I was doing! I just had to believe in myself, and I thought whats the worst that can happen? Thats not a reason to not try and do something great.

Rousey on the main difference between Dana White and Vince McMahon: Dana is one of my best friends and is somebody who I can call up any time and say lets go for dinner, or drinks or even something completely random like asking him to fly to India, and hed consider it. I dont even have Vinces number! Its a very different relationship, I highly respect Vince and very much appreciate the opportunity hes given me but its more like, if I can get a handshake from him and him telling me Ive done a good job, that totally makes my day. With Dana, Id expect him to grab me, hug me, pick me up and shake the hell out of me! If Dana just shook my hand and told me good job, Id be like what the hell Dana, thats it?! But with Vince McMahon, Id be like oh my God, Vince McMahon shook my hand and told me I did a good job! Its very different, I have a much more personal relationship with Dana, and a very professional relationship with Vince.

Ronda Rousey on if she wants to see CM Punk back in WWE: I think everybody on Earth would love to see him back in WWE, and I would completely fall all over myself and be honored if he wanted to be involved with me in any way, shape or form. But also, its not all about everyone else. Its his life and its about him. Hes doing what he enjoys, what hes passionate about and what brings out the best of him. Im sure theres a lot of people that wish I would come back to fighting, but you know what, I dont fight for them, and he doesnt wrestle for us. He should do what he wants to do and what makes him into the person he feels like hes meant to be. If thats fighting right now, then all the power to him. Fight to your hearts content. Everyone in the world knows he has a gift for wrestling and he has something special, and if he ever feels like sharing it with us again, then hell yeah, please, even if its not with me, I just hope Im there to see it. If he never wants to get back in that ring again, he has every reason not to, and all the respect in the world from me.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/ronda-rousey-cm-punk-back-wwe/

Full interview: http://metro.co.uk/2018/03/15/wwe-star-ronda-rousey-talks-cm-punk-vince-mcmahon-dana-white-pokemon-7390302/

I like her thoughts on Punk.

Archived