Song lyrics help please?

Lyriqz ✪

Hey y'all.

I'm trying to understand the lyrics from this song. It's not on any sort of lyrics side (and the band isn't hugely popular either, so that doesn't help), so I imagine most people struggle understanding it, and I'm not a native speaker, so maybe it's just some odd words or shortening that escapes me. It'd be much appreciated if anyone could give it a listen and give me their take. I'll post what I have so far. All help would be much appreciated, it's been driving me nuts for way too long.

In the bedroom window
There was a man
On the glass I saw his crooked hand
[???] what destruction do you know?
Child of crocodiles wait down below
So blow those [???] on my desk
[???]
You'll find it on my chest
Says you're just like anyone I ever [???]

Dear Sir
It's been six years and day since one of said I'll die [???] which one of us is saved
And which one of us is turning in an early grave
Some day soon I'll [???]
When you're dying for a second chance and [???]
Conscience will betray you, then spur you on back home

Where the hardened win
It's so hard in a [???] (sounds like herd or heart of grass)
Will you let your feet keep sinking
[???] (something about obliging grass?)
Will you say woe me [???]
I all this time

It must've been more than water that knocked you so hard
That knocked you around
For big ships ever came (is that even a proper sentence?)
And so you've gone and changed
[???]
and a heart of glass [???]
I'll have to love you more than ever now

Oh madam, do you remember the cold green water

Your [???] pull the [???] out of my hair

Ohhhh goooot…

In the bedroom window
There was a man
On the glass I saw his crooked hand
He said “what of destruction do you know?”
Child, the crocodiles wait down below
So blow the virus on my desk
For the boy I grew up with
He will find it on my chest
Says “you're just like anyone I thought would cut and run

Dear Sir
It's been six years and a day since one of us said “I'll die if I don’t call you”

Which one of us is saved
And which one of us is turning in an early grave
Some day soon I'll wallow
When you're dying for a second chance and a
??? (got nothing brah – I hear ‘night wall’ LOL) to hold you
Conscience will betray you, then spur you on back home

Where the hardened win
It's so hard in a heart of grass
Will you let your feet keep sinking
In my
??? (‘torn’, ‘tarred’ or ‘dark’ imo, I rly hear ‘TARK’ doe =\) obliging grass
Will you say woe be done
I owe this town
It must've been more than water that knocked you so hard
That knocked you around
For big ships ever came
(“is this even a sentence” - yah this is correct in the sense that ‘ever’ = perpetually; do not do this outside of an ‘artsy’ context doe lol)
And so you've gone and changed
Love to the girls and lonely cats
and a heart of glass
I guess I’ll have to love you more than ever now

Oh madam, do you remember the cold green water
Yes sir, it was there, I’d let you pull the braid out of my hair

more confident about certain parts than others

U did v good for non-native speaker srs!

more confident about certain parts than others

U did v good for non-native speaker srs!

hey man, thanks a bunch!

you did a great job, most of these seem spot on. I pretty much heard the obliging grass and heart of grass too, but wasn't sure if I'm missing something obvious, since those phrases are pretty artsy, yeah. only one I feel isn't right is the virus one, feels like it doesn't really make much sense in any sort of context? (even flowery prose) but might still be it, since it does fit, aurally.

<3

Also where you understand night wall, your addition of "hold you" made me think it might be: "deny ??? (maybe "your old?) to hold you". Since it references the "Dear Sir" in the beginning, "deny your old to hold you" could probably work with the respectful tone? I'm not sure if that's a sentence a person would say so. I know parents are sometimes called "my old ones" but it still sounds sort of odd to me

virus only makes sense in referencing something like a poisoning…she says it (or something rly close – especially ‘rus’) SO strongly doe; tbh am more confident about that than I am for ‘blow’ – w00d love to know if I’m wrong srs

‘deny’ is v good, strong possibility – listening with that in mind I hear ’deny you all’, but that obvs still is probably not correct, with or without the ‘to hold you’ after it =\
Also I forgot to change ‘you’ for that one – sounds more like ‘your’ instead and that of course forms ‘Your conscience’ for the next line

EDIT: AHHH GOOOT i think it's 'deny you are too old' brah, well done

virus only makes sense in referencing something like a poisoning…she says it (or something rly close – especially ‘rus’) SO strongly doe; tbh am more confident about that than I am for ‘blow’ – w00d love to know if I’m wrong srs

‘deny’ is v good, strong possibility – listening with that in mind I hear ’deny you all’, but that obvs still is probably not correct, with or without the ‘to hold you’ after it =\

Also I forgot to change ‘you’ for that one – sounds more like ‘your’ instead and that of course forms ‘Your conscience’ for the next line

EDIT: AHHH GOOOT i think it's 'deny you are too old' brah, well done

Ya I definitely also hear something like "rus". my first listen I thought she said headrest :lol: I can't think of anything more fitting myself though, so you're probably right

and yeah, that seems like it fits. duuude great job! So it's "deny you are too old" and then goes straight into the next sentence with the "Your conscience will betray you", kinda like earlier with the "Which one of us".

thanks a bunch

Archived