Official NXT Takeover: Orlando Discussion Thread

Jmerc

It's not surprising that NXT is in a bit of a slump (if you can call it that), these things happen. You have highs and then you have lows. NXT is consistently very good so I still have faith even if my excitement has waned for the last couple Takeovers. The *censored*ing rematches though...

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the good thing about NXT is, even when it's in a slump the show is still consistently good. It might not be at its peak, but still good. Unlike RAW where it's just a damn slog to get through.

It will help but NXT also needs the home grown talent to rise to the level. I believe NWJ and Almas can help that. You look at the first Brooklyn Takeover, sure you had Owens vs Balor but guys like Breeze and Corbin were just as important to the success of NXT

Almas isn't really home grown though. They have him a different name, but he's as homegrown as Asuka.

It will help but NXT also needs the home grown talent to rise to the level. I believe NWJ and Almas can help that. You look at the first Brooklyn Takeover, sure you had Owens vs Balor but guys like Breeze and Corbin were just as important to the success of NXT

Almas isn't really home grown though. They have him a different name, but he's as homegrown as Asuka.

To me he is homegrown. I watch everything WWE and I keep up with TNA and try to be a little familiar with ROH and NJPW but I'm pretty much a mainstream wrestling fan. I wasn't familiar with Almas or even Asuka outside NXT as I was with Roddy Strong, Bobby Roode, or even Nakamura

To me he is homegrown. I watch everything WWE and I keep up with TNA and try to be a little familiar with ROH and NJPW but I'm pretty much a mainstream wrestling fan. I wasn't familiar with Almas or even Asuka outside NXT as I was with Roddy Strong, Bobby Roode, or even Nakamura

Homegrown is literally stars made by the company though. Someone being new to you doesn't make that person homegrown.

With that said, I don't give a *Censored* about the term nor do I believe it makes a difference.

NXT used to be all about having buzz in terms of roster additions. Roderick Strong and Kassius Ohno didn't get the same type of buzz that other signings have had. Signing someone like Adam Cole would give NXT that buzz again.

I've only ever seen Almas or Asuka in NXT too, but that still doesn't make them homegrown. They very much cut their teeth internationally for many years.

I've only ever seen Almas or Asuka in NXT too, but that still doesn't make them homegrown. They very much cut their teeth internationally for many years.

That is true, I guess we just need more guys like Breeze and Corbin who were able to use the established acts to propel them.

The Authors of Pain are the only homegrown talent doing anything significant in NXT.

And they suck, IMO.

I think so too. I would not mind seeing #DIY win again, maybe it's because I hope we see #DIY vs. reDRagon in Brooklyn in August.

The only interesting thing about AoP, is that they have Ellering as a manager. Otherwise, they're worse than the Ascension. Just another attempt by WWE to make "the next big thing" tag team. I do think they will actually be prominently used on the main roster...because Vince loves his big dumb animals. But, if the Ascension had Ellering back when they were in NXT, they would have been far better.

They'll get the main roster call-up, probably injure someone with their sloppy work, one of them will get injured himself, the other will be kept off tv because he's only relevant as part of a team...and that will be that.

The only interesting thing about AoP, is that they have Ellering as a manager. Otherwise, they're worse than the Ascension. Just another attempt by WWE to make "the next big thing" tag team. I do think they will actually be prominently used on the main roster...because Vince loves his big dumb animals. But, if the Ascension had Ellering back when they were in NXT, they would have been far better.

They'll get the main roster call-up, probably injure someone with their sloppy work, one of them will get injured himself, the other will be kept off tv because he's only relevant as part of a team...and that will be that.

I remember people saying the same thing about Harper & Rowan.

And the Ascension aswell, who are still a team and haven't injured someone.

I remember people saying the same thing about Harper & Rowan.

And the Ascension aswell, who are still a team and haven't injured someone.

That's cool. But I never said that shit...so don't act like I did.

AoP will injure someone. Dude already powerbombed a dude onto another dude's face.

Could have killed him...

And Nia is sloppy as hell. She'll probably injure someone at Mania. I take nothing back for her either. She hasn't had too many matches yet.

Archived