Middle-earth: Shadow Of War (Shadow Of Mordor Sequel)

Bronson

Sooooooooo much non-canon, but it still looks damn good. First one was incredibly fun, yet simple. I'm hoping this builds on it a lot.

Also lol @ random black guy in middle earth.

IIRC, Harad isn't so far from Gondor or Rohan that its impossible for any mercenaries or immigrants to branch out, so it makes sense that there'd be one or two but not many.

Sooooooooo much non-canon, but it still looks damn good. First one was incredibly fun, yet simple. I'm hoping this builds on it a lot.

IIRC, Harad isn't so far from Gondor or Rohan that its impossible for any mercenaries or immigrants to branch out, so it makes sense that there'd be one or two but not many.

The Corsairs of Umber & Haradrim aren't black though. They're more akin to middle easterns. Middle Earth is based on Europe and at one point was meant to be actual history. There are no native black races in Middle Earth. People in Rhun, Khand and Far Harad all have darker skin, but never described as akin to African's. Tolkien used black skin tone for his evil races (not even in a racist way, but black has been attributed to evil forever.)

I'm not against it, these games take major liberties with the lore, which I'm fine with, I like fun adaptations. I just thought it was funny that there seemed to be one random black guy. Same with Asians in the Five Armies movies.

The Corsairs of Umber & Haradrim aren't black though. They're more akin to middle easterns. Middle Earth is based on Europe and at one point was meant to be actual history. There are no native black races in Middle Earth. People in Rhun, Khand and Far Harad all have darker skin, but never described as akin to African's. Tolkien used black skin tone for his evil races (not even in a racist way, but black has been attributed to evil forever.)

I'm not against it, these games take major liberties with the lore, which I'm fine with, I like fun adaptations. I just thought it was funny that there seemed to be one random black guy. Same with Asians in the Five Armies movies.

The explanation I recall was that those in closer Harad were more or less the middle easterners, whereas far harad were black of skin.

There are Troll-Men of Far Harad who have black skin, but they're not exactly like the guy we saw in the new trailer lol.

Ehh, they are already unafraid to take liberties after all. :lol:

I think SoM is considered a non-canon what-if story after all.

Archived