Article on The Broken Hardys rumored WWE return(updated with spoilers)

Ziggy Vercetti

Yes it's that time again

"With Matt and Jeff's TNA status in the air, a return to WWE may well be on the cards."

Whats the story?

"The current contract status of Matt and Jeff Hardy in TNA is currently the subject of hot debate, but Dave Meltzer and Wrestling Observer have speculated that the iconic tag team duo could well make a dramatic return to WWE this year at the Show of Shows, WrestleMania 33.The capacity in which the brothers would be used is still unclear but with their TNA deals rumoured to be up, the time may never be better for the seven-time WWE/WCW Tag Team Champions to return to the company that made them famous.

In case you didnt know...The resurrection of Jeff and (in particular) Matt Hardy was undoubtedly one of the pro wrestling stories of 2016, as the duo went from being on the verge of being considered over-the-hill to becoming one of the most popular acts in all of pro-wrestling.It was Matt who provided the spark for the rebirth in the shape of his Broken Matt Hardy gimmick, a character that was initially seen as being ridiculous but soon became the most fashionable gimmick in wrestling.The Hardys won their second TNA World Tag Team Championship at Bound for Glory 2016 and have since promised to defend those titles all over the world in their Expedition of Gold. The expedition could well be cut short if they were to return to WWE sooner rather than later.The heart of the matterOne major stumbling block will surely be the amount of creative control that Matt Hardy currently has over the Broken Hardys characters. The revival of the duo was largely down to Matt being allowed to spread his creative wings, but it is utterly unthinkable that WWE would allow him to maintain that amount of control on the character if the brothers returned to the WWE.

It is more likely that if Matt and Jeff returned to the WWE they would do so in their classic WWE personas, shedding the Broken skin arguably too soon. Whilst this would be a shame, it is understandable if the lure of a return to WWE may be too strong for the brothers to ignore.

Whats next?

Until official word comes out regarding The Hardy Boyz and their contractual status in TNA, all of this is pure conjecture. The rumours will surely pick up steam as we get ever closer to WrestleMania 33, however, and the idea of Broken Matt and Jeff coming out to interrupt The New Day on the grandest stage of them all will surely excite many in the WWE Universe.

Sportskeedas take

As much as we would love to see Matt and Jeff back in WWE, it would be a huge shame to see the legs cut out from under the Expedition of Gold before it has truly begun. The Hardys will inevitably return to WWE in the future, but heres hoping that it does not happen too soon."

Source: https://sportskeeda.com/wwe/wwe-rumors-hardy-boyz-to-return-to-wwe-at-wrestlemania-33

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As the article states, Matt probably wouldn't have as much creative control and thus I personally don't think a return would be worth it. Although I guess they could continue their Expedition of Gold in WWE if they debut against the tag team champions of Raw or SD.

So WWE's going to bring them back, and then take away everything that's made them so hot over the past year.

Yep, I can believe that. Just hope it isn't Dudleys 2.0

Although scenario two is probably they stop letting Matt be creative, and just hammer the whole "delete" thing into the ground whilst portraying him similar to Dean Ambrose.

They'll likely bring him in and build him up just enough to lose to Roman Reigns or Cena. Can see them giving him some freedoms but definitely not full range. WWE is too heavily scripted in general for anyone to just say what they want on camera now.

Feeding into their current angle with the expedition of gold...it would be absolutely perfect for them to end that whole thing by returning to WWE (or NXT first, tbh). Get all these ridiculous indy titles while they can...build their list of accolades as much as possible...and then come back for the WWE belts to "prove" they're the best.

But, yeah...why would WWE ever want them back in their classic personas? They were flopping big time as the regular old Hardys...that's why the "broken" thing became a thing. WWE are dumber than I credited them if they would really drop the broken stuff entirely...

Feeding into their current angle with the expedition of gold...it would be absolutely perfect for them to end that whole thing by returning to WWE (or NXT first, tbh). Get all these ridiculous indy titles while they can...build their list of accolades as much as possible...and then come back for the WWE belts to "prove" they're the best.

But, yeah...why would WWE ever want them back in their classic personas? They were flopping big time as the regular old Hardys...that's why the "broken" thing became a thing. WWE are dumber than I credited them if they would really drop the broken stuff entirely...

Nostalgia purposes probably.

Hasn't really been long enough for that to make any sense. We had the standard Hardy boys not too long ago...and people soured on them very quickly. They really aren't great in the ring anymore. They need something like a completely ridiculous gimmick in order to get noticed.

Also, it might have been a different story if the Dudleys were still around...but the two teams are already like ships passing in the night at this point. Dudleys already left WWE.

Hasn't really been long enough for that to make any sense. We had the standard Hardy boys not too long ago...and people soured on them very quickly. They really aren't great in the ring anymore. They need something like a completely ridiculous gimmick in order to get noticed.

Also, it might have been a different story if the Dudleys were still around...but the two teams are already like ships passing in the night at this point. Dudleys already left WWE.

Oh yeah i def agree im just sayin thats gunna be WWEs reasoning if they were to come back as just the Hardy Boyz. "Remember the Attitude"

What a moment that would be if they made a surprise return at Mania. Unlikely considering their TNA contract status, but interrupting The New Day would be freakin massive.

But again...it would only be cool if they were Broken Hardys. If it was just your classic Hardy music, I'd be like "Meh...that's cool, I guess." You really need the lights to come down, and Matt to come over the loudspeakers with "Ahhhhhhh...wonderful!"...

What a moment that would be if they made a surprise return at Mania. Unlikely considering their TNA contract status, but interrupting The New Day would be freakin massive.

But again...it would only be cool if they were Broken Hardys. If it was just your classic Hardy music, I'd be like "Meh...that's cool, I guess." You really need the lights to come down, and Matt to come over the loudspeakers with "Ahhhhhhh...wonderful!"...

That's what I was thinking when I typed the original comment. They would have to be who they are now because it works for The Hardys' story of deleting all the tag teams in time and space. The only thing with that is new WWE contracts would obviously be exclusive so they would have to beat the Young Bucks the same weekend to feel like going to WWE is next on their agenda.

More fuel to this fire:

Matt Hardy’s ShopMattHardy.com store will be closing down soon following an announcement made on Twitter. There are plans for a "blowout" sale which is to be announced soon. All current orders will be fulfilled next week and then the store will close thereafter.

The store closing down has lead to speculation that Matt and his brother Jeff will be returning to WWE. As a contracted WWE wrestler merchandise is sold through WWE’s official store. This however is not the case, in fact Matt's wife Reby Hardy, who has been fulfilling the orders, revealed she is pregnant with baby her second child. She wrote,

“Its been a lot of hard work doing things all on my own – shirt design, site design/orders, customer service, shipping, etc – but I am no longer able to run the shop in the way Matt’s fans deserve. I will likely revisit the idea after the new baby is here, but for now, it’s impossible to be @BABYHARDYBRAND’S Mommy, while making another kid; there are just too many sick/slow days to run properly.”

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/45327/Matt-Hardys-Online-Store-Is-Closing-Down/

Yup...Bucks match on April 1st...Mania appearance on April 2nd. Lol.

Farfetched af. :lol:

Would make it even crazier if a deal somehow got done.

As we noted earlier tonight, former TNA World Champion Drew Galloway announced via Twitter that he will not be re-signing with TNA.

According to PWInsider.com, Galloway informed TNA officials of his decision to leave the company this evening.

The report adds TNA and Galloway had been in talks to sign a new deal, however TNA waited until the last two weeks to finalize the offer, and Galloway opted to leave the company as opposed to re-sign.

In related news, Drew Galloway might not be the only big name leaving TNA this week, as PWInsider has confirmed Matt and Jeff Hardys TNA deals will expire this week, and as of now the brothers have yet to re-sign with the company. It will be interesting to see if and when TNA announces the re-signing of The Hardys, as the company has built a large part of its TV product around the brothers, and had previously announced plans for a Total Nonstop Deletion DVD release.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/809741-backstage-news-on-drew-galloways-tna-departure-more-big-names-possibly-leaving-the-company

Drew Galloway may not be the only big talent loss for TNA Wrestling this week.

According to PWInsider, a number of sources have confirmed that while all sides agreed to terms some time ago, no official deal has been signed with Matt and Jeff Hardy and their deal expires this week.

In addition, Dave Metlzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that with Jeff Jarrett returning to TNA some things are getting shuffled around and Hardy's likely wouldn't be as in control as they are now. Hardy's are refusing to guarantee dates after a certain period which suggests a return to WWE. If they do not show at Thursday's Impact Wrestling taping it will almost be certain they are returning to WWE.

Losing both Matt and Jeff would be a major blow for TNA.

https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/836217564699242496

In December 2016, Broken Matt Hardy speaking on Ross Report,said that Vince McMahon would love him to return to WWE as his "broken brilliance" currently is the hottest entity in the pro-wrestling world.

"That is a very interesting question because I know [Vince] McMahon, he sees my broken brilliance and he would love to do nothing more than to draw it to his show because he knows, right now, it is currently the hottest entity in the professional wrestling business."

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/45336/Latest-Rumors-On-The-Hardy-Boyz-Returning-To-WWE/

Archived