Legend

• Members
  • 6,325 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:10 PM

Some new info

1489028081832_zpsqsthwae4.png

1489028132033_zpspzy1fepl.png

Mission Mode sounds very promising!

There's nothing confirmed yet, but there's also a rumor going around that we may see some new match types in the game.  All of the old ones are coming back, but there's also a screen shot of a match up screen featuring something called "Las Vegas Match".  There was no "Las Vegas Match" in FPR, so it may be a new gimmick match, or we may be able to name our saved match settings now.  Whatever it is can be played with up to 8 wrestlers.  

Edited by Crowley, 09 March 2017 - 05:12 PM.

#82 Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts

"Brother NERO!! I knew you'd come..."

• Members
  • 18,777 posts
  • Gamertag: RollTheDoobieB
  • SEN (PS3): RollTheD00bieB
  • Twitter: @ItsChayseDoe

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:05 PM

So sweet. And I'll be getting this for the  PS4 because like Ernez said pages ago, everyone isn't into PC gaming, mostly me. I've never played a PC game except for "Gangsters" and the Mdickie titles, and I didn't like any of those. 

#83 PyroTechnyks

PyroTechnyks

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:20 PM

I haven't looked forward to a new wrestling game in so long. I was so amped when the announcement of a new Fire Pro game was announced. Since they have a pretty solid idea of what they want to do with the game, I can be a little less on edge because the yearly WWE releases leave so much to be desired every year.

There's not a whole lot I want from the game that hasn't been mentioned else were. More stuff is always nice, but I don't need an absurd amount of new stuff. Some people are coming up with zany ideas - some people requesting WWE specific stuff that would likely never be in a Fire Pro game. I get why they'd be excited for things like that, but I doubt it'll happen.

Edited by PyroTechnyks, 14 March 2017 - 05:20 PM.

#84 WNX

WNX

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,068 posts
  • Gamertag: WebbanationX
  • SEN (PS3): WebbanationX

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:58 PM

Man I dunno if I'm the only one, but I can't stand it when a developer says "We've rebuilt the engine from scratch". Why is that important? You could've played this game and not even realized it. Does having that knowledge make it any more appealing to you? "Ooh, they rebuilt this new Fire Pro  engine from scratch. Mmm mmm, that brand new feels-like-SNES-in-2017 engine". Not hating the game and it's datedness, I do own Returns still and like I said, I see it for what it is, but that just urks me. If this game feels any different when you play it, let me know, seriously. I'm curious.

And it's been awhile... people are really stationary in the previous games when applying subs? I thought there was that AKI body-slide-across-the-mat-towards-the-rope thing. This feature is new?

#85 Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts

• Members
  • 18,777 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:39 PM

In FPR when you did a submission, you stayed in the spot the submission was placed, until you either got out of it or tapped out, if I recall correctly. So yes, the whole moving towards the rope thing would be a new feature. 

#86 Angry_Santa

Angry_Santa
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Angry_Santa
  • Twitter: @Thee_Ringmaster

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:42 PM

pro.png

#87 Ernez

Ernez

People Power

• Universal Moderator
  • 12,110 posts
  • Gamertag: Ernez

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:25 AM

Man I dunno if I'm the only one, but I can't stand it when a developer says "We've rebuilt the engine from scratch". Why is that important? You could've played this game and not even realized it. Does having that knowledge make it any more appealing to you? "Ooh, they rebuilt this new Fire Pro  engine from scratch. Mmm mmm, that brand new feels-like-SNES-in-2017 engine". Not hating the game and it's datedness, I do own Returns still and like I said, I see it for what it is, but that just urks me. If this game feels any different when you play it, let me know, seriously. I'm curious.

And it's been awhile... people are really stationary in the previous games when applying subs? I thought there was that AKI body-slide-across-the-mat-towards-the-rope thing. This feature is new?

Most of the time they tell people there is a whole new engine because it means they can work on bugs a lot better, since they don't have years of coding to work through.

#88 Golden Boy®

Golden Boy®

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 4,458 posts
  • SEN (PS3): TarekTamo
  • Twitter: @TarekTamo

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:52 AM

Gonna make my own WWE playing this adios 2k17

#89 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

Undefeated at Wrestlemania: 0-0

• Members
  • 18,064 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:01 AM

Not sure if you ever played Fire Pro games but that is going to be very time consuming. This game has a lot of edit features but it can get tiresome to make even one guy.

#90 TheNewF'NShow

TheNewF'NShow

Breakin' Necks and Cashin' Checks.

• Members
  • 31,948 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:23 AM

With it coming out on PC, I can see dudes putting up mod rosters and stuff. Maybe let you import a save on PS4 like FPWR on PS3.

#91 Angry_Santa

Angry_Santa
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Angry_Santa
  • Twitter: @Thee_Ringmaster

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:02 AM

sit.png

#92 PyroTechnyks

PyroTechnyks

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:54 AM

Not sure if you ever played Fire Pro games but that is going to be very time consuming. This game has a lot of edit features but it can get tiresome to make even one guy.

It's gonna take a while to make a sizable roster if the edits are made from scratch. It'll take less time if the edits are downloaded from whatever they'll be calling the "community creations" system. Even then, it'll still probably be some time before fully fleshed out rosters are available. 

With it coming out on PC, I can see dudes putting up mod rosters and stuff. Maybe let you import a save on PS4 like FPWR on PS3.

Don't get too excited for it just yet. We still don't know at what capacity we'll be able to mod the game, if at all. It's expected we'll see a consistent stream of new content with patches, last I knew. It'll be much easier to mod the game if Spike/Chunsoft provide the modding tools, like how Bethesda provides the Creation Kit for their games.

#93 NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,560 posts
  • SEN (PS3): N3GAT1VE_CR33P (PS4)
  • Steam ID: n3gativecr33p
  • Twitter: @N3gativeCr33p

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:40 PM

Gonna make my own WWE NJPW playing this adios 2k17

Same plans, different federation.

#94 Astro Zombie

Astro Zombie

Legend

• Members
  • 8,122 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:03 PM

It's gonna take a while to make a sizable roster if the edits are made from scratch. It'll take less time if the edits are downloaded from whatever they'll be calling the "community creations" system. Even then, it'll still probably be some time before fully fleshed out rosters are available. 

Don't get too excited for it just yet. We still don't know at what capacity we'll be able to mod the game, if at all. It's expected we'll see a consistent stream of new content with patches, last I knew. It'll be much easier to mod the game if Spike/Chunsoft provide the modding tools, like how Bethesda provides the Creation Kit for their games.
Mods will be figured out whether tools are provided or not, on the PC at least. Console version might be a different story however. Hopefully they have a good save downloading/Community Creation-esque service.

Edited by Astro Zombie, 20 March 2017 - 09:04 PM.

#95 Ernez

Ernez

People Power

• Universal Moderator
  • 12,110 posts
  • Gamertag: Ernez

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:50 AM

tomozou kantoku followed me on twitter, so thats cool

#96 Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts

• Members
  • 18,777 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:46 PM

So? The reward at the end is extremely gratifying, making the time spent creating your roster, arena & title belts, all the more worth it.

And if you've played Fire Pro games, you know there will most likely be a feature to import saves, so you wouldn't have to spend all that time anyway, as opposed to the time it'll take waiting for a suitable finished WWE+more based save.

#97 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

• Members
  • 18,064 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:51 PM

So? The reward at the end is extremely gratifying, making the time spent creating your roster, arena & title belts, all the more worth it.

And if you've played Fire Pro games, you know there will most likely be a feature to import saves, so you wouldn't have to spend all that time anyway, as opposed to the time it'll take waiting for a suitable finished WWE+more based save.

Some people don't want to spend all that time

#98 Muur

Muur

#nebby

• Members
  • 29,469 posts
  • Gamertag: Marcus BWFC
  • SEN (PS3): Muur1993
  • Steam ID: MarcusBWFC
  • Twitter: @MarcusRalphson

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:18 PM

Pretty sure you can't share save files on PS4 without having the profile made on them as well

#99 Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts

• Members
  • 18,777 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:12 PM

You're probably right, so it would most likely have to be done manually. But I think they'll figure out some sort of way of importing saves, perhaps an online feature of sorts.

Edited by Paulie Walnuts, 23 March 2017 - 07:13 PM.

#100 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

• Members
  • 18,064 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:47 AM

This is the kind of game that should be cross-platform between PC, XBOX and PS4. Hell, they could make it for the PS2 if they wanted to.