How do you make 3rd party cords with with an iPhone?

Ollie The Magic Bum

I have a 7 plus, and I bought a 6 ft cord from eBay on the cheap. I refuse to pay $30+ for an "official" apple cord. Problem is, apparently they don't play well with knockoffs anymore. Is there some kind of workaround to make it charge my phone? Right now, it's doing nothing. I know I've bought gas station cords before, and they've worked fine.

If you have a phone worth £700 or whatever it is over there, I think it's worth splashing out on an official USB cord. I've had my 6 for two years now and still use my original cord. Probably would've gone through 5-10 knock-offs considering how cheap they're made.

I wouldn't *Censored* with cheap chargers. They're bigger wastes of money than the official.

In fact, I don't even mess with the braided ones, or flat ones or whatever ensures "indestructible". Usually it's not the cord itself that breaks, but the actual charging part. I just gave up on it and went official.

However, over time I just collected about 5 different chargers I use. 2 are torn and still work great, the other 2 are brand new I got with my last uprgrade and the other one is a 3rd party. I have a cord for each individual uses and it's definitely extended the longevity.

Archived