Legion

Crazy.

So this has just started and I figured it warranted a discussion topic considering how unique it looks. Thought the pilot was amazing. Has you puzzled for all the right reasons as it moves along. I liked how everything appeared scattered as it were inside David Haller's mind and left you questioning what all was real and what was a figment of his imagination. Certainly gonna follow the series.

Thoughts?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished episode one. I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would.

Has potential to be the best Marvel show, tbh...or at least second behind Daredevil.

I'm assuming the "demon with yellow eyes" is supposed to be Mojo...since it's a dead ringer for him. If not, then I really don't know what's up with that...but there's a bunch about this show that I don't know "what's up"...so, it's cool. :lol:

No, it's a spin-off set in its own alternate universe. Has no ties to the movies

Okay cool. I'll have to check it out soon. Glad they're not tampering with the movie timelines again, they've done that too much.

I just finished episode one. I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would.

Has potential to be the best Marvel show, tbh...or at least second behind Daredevil.

I'm assuming the "demon with yellow eyes" is supposed to be Mojo...since it's a dead ringer for him. If not, then I really don't know what's up with that...but there's a bunch about this show that I don't know "what's up"...so, it's cool. :lol:

Ironically Marvel actually have nothing to do with it lol, their logo is just on the front. I think television is a great medium for lesser comic book stories so I'm glad more unique ones are coming out.

Ofc I know, I'm not disputing that. I just find it funny that the actual company has nothing to do with it.

Pity I could never get into Agents of Shield, because all the Marvel shows have been pretty stellar. I hear Agents is getting better though. Let's hope Legion can keep it up, it's been well received from what I can tell.

I have the same problem with AOS. Legit tried twice. Couldn't even finish season one on both attempts.

...and damn. Didn't know Marvel had nothing to do with this. Still sounds awesome though.

Well FOX own the rights to all X-Men and Fantastic Four characters. There are some loopholes and others they don't, but FOX own 99% of them. This is a show based on Marvel content and source material, but it's a FOX made show. So basically they aren't allowed to be involved lol.

As a lifelong Marvel fan, it's just disheartening to see so much division in the universes. Tie-ins and cameo appearances are some of the best parts of comic books, and they've really allowed no room for any of that. Hate that the rights are so much of a convoluted cluster*censored*.

But one upside is that we do get shows like this...with characters that would almost certainly be overlooked otherwise.

Man...I was so into it. From the very start. I'm talking opening seconds. 'Happy Jack' by The Who...the whole childhood montage. And That's another thing...this show has some great musical accompaniment. And Aubrey Plaza...really good. Probably the role she was born to play.

I'm hoping Lenny isn't actually dead...although, I guess it doesn't matter much...since the character is obviously sticking around in David's head.

And that guy who stands around whittling little statues...I feel like he's someone more important than some random lackey as well. If he was just some random dude in episode one, who is now dead and gone...I would find that extremely odd.

Am I right in saying that Sydney (Syd) Barrett was a character created just for this show? If so...her name obviously sounds like a fake one...(taken from deceased Pink Floyd vocalist?). I'm definitely trying to figure out some of these characters...but I think most are just original ones for the series...

I gotta say, this show surprised me a lot. I actually really enjoyed it for what it was. I wasn't expecting much from the show but I found myself being really interested in pretty much everything and I'll be tuning into the rest of the episodes for now to see where it goes, and if it carries on being decent.

Very good pilot episode.

Random note about the first episode...that I only noticed on my second viewing of it...

When David is in his sister's basement, and he has the argument with Lenny in his head, and then breaks the lamp...when his sister is standing on the staircase, you can still see Lenny in the bottom left corner of the screen for some reason. She looks like she's being reflected in a mirror or something. I completely missed it the first time I watched...but it struck me as very strange when I noticed it the second time. I'm not sure that it means anything. But it might mean that Lenny is actually there...not just in David's head.

Random note about the first episode...that I only noticed on my second viewing of it...

When David is in his sister's basement, and he has the argument with Lenny in his head, and then breaks the lamp...when his sister is standing on the staircase, you can still see Lenny in the bottom left corner of the screen for some reason. She looks like she's being reflected in a mirror or something. I completely missed it the first time I watched...but it struck me as very strange when I noticed it the second time. I'm not sure that it means anything. But it might mean that Lenny is actually there...not just in David's head.

Didn't you just watch it a few days ago? How many times do you usually re-watch an episode?

(Asking out of pure curiousity because I've never done that unless it's a few years or more later).

Didn't you just watch it a few days ago? How many times do you usually re-watch an episode?

(Asking out of pure curiousity because I've never done that unless it's a few years or more later).

I watched it for the first time on Thursday (the day after it first aired)...I watched it a second time on Saturday or something...because it's the kind of show where there's a lot of shit happening. Obviously it paid off...because I did miss something...I only watched it twice.

Hyped for tonight.

I hope episode 2 remains as mysterious and confusing as episode 1, and doesn't just become a "getting the team together" exercise. The whole thing that grabbed me about the pilot was how different it was. Would be a shame for them to lose that just because it's no longer set in the mental hospital.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ep. 2 was good. Did what it needed to...explained some things, expanded on some things...left me wanting more. Show really balances comedy well. Maybe just because the comedy is darker...I don't know. Never find myself bored with the jokes...or even seeing the jokes coming, tbh. The shit with Lenny and the kitchen range, for example...funny shit. Lenny is just a great character in general. The world needs as much Aubrey Plaza as it can get.

Another solid episode. Happenings from the pilot made a bit more sense and got a fair idea of what all David (and Ptonomy) is capable of. I like how the show continues to leave some question marks so as to keep viewers engaged (like what David replied with when asked about Philly by Poole. Ptonomy not being able to find out about it was a cool moment too). Continue to be intrigued by the Devil with Yellow Eyes. Fair to conclude he's gonna have a prominent role and isn't just a figment of David's imagination. I love the concept of the show, keeps us speculating over a lot of stuff while also providing a lot of answers.

And yup Gen, Lenny is amazing.

^

If the devil with the yellow eyes ends up being anything other than Mojo, I think I'm going to be disappointed tho...because it looks exactly like him. I don't know what he'd be up to, poking around in Legion's head...but they made a damn near perfect representation of Mojo...so I hope they don't make it something else.

Archived