The Rock and WWE Studios Teaming Up for Movie on Paige and Her Family

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RGvtMPR.jpg

FINALLY... @theatrinidadtmt our #DivasChampion.
Our @sevenbucksprod is proud to welcome Thea to our #FightingWithMyFamily cast!
Casting the right woman to play our champion was critical. I wanted to keep the integrity of our movie's authenticity. We had to find a woman who not only has a real star quality, but she also had to have a real reverence and love for our unique wrestling business. Thea has been working extremely hard for years on the independent wrestling circuit and for those who understand what that means - you know how much one has to love our crazy business to work independently for years.
She has a star quality, great presence, humility and is always all about being, "the hardest worker in the room". She's working her butt off to put on an outstanding performance in our movie.
Congrats, Thea and welcome to the cast. Let's put in that work and move the crowd.
#FightingWithMyFamily #TheaTrinidad #DivasChampion #SevenBucksProds #MisherFilms #Film4 #WWEFilms
Guess she's playing AJ or Melina depending how far they'll go in the movie. Maybe they'll show Paige's character watching a match featuring Melina or something?

"As noted, The Rock announced today that his Seven Bucks Productions company is partnering with WWE Studios and Film 4 to release a movie based on Paige and her family of pro wrestlers in the UK. The movie is inspired by the "The Wrestlers: Fighting With My Family" documentary seen above. You can check out Rock's full announcement on why he's getting involved with the movie at this link.

Deadline reports that the comedy-drama will use the same "Fighting With My Family" title as the documentary. The Rock will have a role in the movie while rising actress Florence Pugh will star as Paige. Actor Jack Lowden will star as her brother Zak.

Rock, Dany Garcia and Hiram Garcia will executive produce the movie while Kevin Misher of Misher Films will produce with WWE Studios President Michael Luisi. WWE Studios will be co-financing the movie along with Film 4. The movie is expected to begin filming in London and Los Angeles this month.

Deadline notes that the movie "follows the story of reformed gangster and former wrestler Ricky, his wife Julia, daughter Saraya and son Zak who make a living performing in tiny venues across the country. Ricky and Julia want a better life for their children and when brother and sister get the chance to audition for the WWE, it seems the family dream is coming true and all their troubles will be solved. However, Saraya and Zak are about to learn that becoming a WWE Superstar demands more than they ever imagined possible as athletes and siblings."

Below is a photo of the actress playing Paige:

aMOf3wI.jpg

Paige reacted to the news on Twitter:

Exciting project just been announced. Thx to @TheRock and @StephenMerchant for giving my family a chance to shine! Forever thankful! ??????

Thanks to @WWE and #MichaelLuisi #KevinMisher for being apart of the movie also. Never thought this could happen. Couldn't be happier ???

Source LOP

^

Other comments

@Florence_Pugh welcome to my world Florence! This talented actress will be playing yours truly! Excited to meet you!

.@IAMLenaHeadey and @nickjfrost join the cast of @TheRock-produced movie about @RealPaigeWWE and her family ca.ign.com/articles/2017/

???? love these two! Amazing cast!!!

2kkPSZy.jpg

"Very cool to watch our amazing/bad ass @florencepugh embody the role of real life WWE Superstar Paige.

We shot some great scenes together today that reflected my real life pivotal conversations I had with Paige. Very interesting to relive and shoot those moments.

I appreciate our entire crew and actors working tirelessly on a Sunday. THANK YOU!

The 6'7 stud standing with us, is our director/writer @stephenmerchant. Brilliant filmmaker and loved worldwide. I still think he's an asshole.

We're bringing our production to rock the Staples Center tomorrow night for RAW.

#OnSet #ClockinThoseLongSundayHours #FightingWithMyFamily

pxK0T0M.jpg

"therockPuttin' in that ring work w/ @theatrinidadtmt (our Divas Champion) and @tessa_blanchard (our bad ass ring/stunt double) for their big match tonight at the Staples Center here in LA once RAW goes off the air.

For those insiders who know the wrestling business, you know how hard these two independent female wrestlers work. For those who are are new to the wrestling world when you see our movie, just know you're watching some very unique and special athletes achieve greatness in a male dominated world.

Respect is given when it's earned. Tonight, they earn it.

Get ready WWE Universe and RAW crowd. It's your night too."

#FightingWithMyFamily #SquaredCircleDNA #BloodSweatRespect #StaplesCenter #LA #RAW

Because Paige isn't a professional actor.

No you're right, she doesn't act on television every week for a living....

You say that like acting in movie is the same as wrestling. Which she hasn't done in like a year.

No, acting in theatre and acting in movies is different and are not one in the same. What's the point in getting Paige to do it when they can actually employ a decent actress who can do a good job?

Because Paige isn't a professional actor.

No you're right, she doesn't act on television every week for a living....
Acting in wrestling and acting in a movie are two completely different things. Hence why, whenever WWE has a famous actor as a guest on Raw, they can't cut a promo for shit.

Archived