The Rock and WWE Studios Teaming Up for Movie on Paige and Her Family

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cersei Lannister is one mother you dont wanna mess with which is why were guessing producers cast her in the role of Paiges mom Saraya Knight in the soon-to-be-made movie about their family.

Variety reports that Lena Heady has snagged the role of the familys matriarch and Nick Frost will be playing the role of Paiges dad, Ricky Knight.

The movie will reportedly begin filming this month in Los Angeles.

As we previously reported, The Rocks production company is teaming with WWE Studios to make the flick. Actress Florence Pugh will be playing the role of Paige.

Looking forward to the movie now that its starring a GoT actor? Sound off below.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/saraya-knight-paige-mom-movie-lena/#.WJv9NrYrJE4?platform=hootsuite

I have a feeling this is just the WWE sucking up to The Rock and doing whatever he wants. If anyone besides him suggested this they would probably get shot down quick. The fact that it's happening this close to Wrestlemania is probably more than a mere coincidence.

Don't kid yourself. It's WWE Studios.

I have a feeling this is just the WWE sucking up to The Rock and doing whatever he wants. If anyone besides him suggested this they would probably get shot down quick. The fact that it's happening this close to Wrestlemania is probably more than a mere coincidence.

Don't kid yourself. It's WWE Studios.

Good point. If they can green light that big show abomination they will do anything.

This is so weird to me.

Such a niche market.

Not all movies are summer tent pole blockbusters.

Lena Headey and Nick Frost? I am suddenly very interested.

I know. I guess I find it so strange cause I keep wrestling so very seperate from everything else and if this were to be shown at my local cinemas it would be weird.

Well on the bright side if this does well we may get more stories in the future.

I for one always wanted to see a movie about Taker, Kane and Paul Bearers story and maybe a Dudleyville comedy.

Imagine if this girl does so well that WWE signs her.

Well on the bright side if this does well we may get more stories in the future.

I for one always wanted to see a movie about Taker, Kane and Paul Bearers story and maybe a Dudleyville comedy.

So well at what? Acting? WWE don't hire actors lol. She's not training to wrestle.

So well at what? Acting? WWE don't hire actors lol. She's not training to wrestle.

but...they are ac..nvm. I was just saying imagine if it happened.

Why even have this movie if it's going to be like the real documentary except redone with actors?

Except nothing about any report makes it sound like a documentary ...

They're called biopics, look them up.

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned the new movie being made about Paige’s life called Fighting With My Family has two new employees working on the film … and they’ve both been on NXT TV.

Sources tell us Tessa Blanchard and Thea Trinidad are currently in L.A. working on the flick — but right now it’s unclear if they’re merely in behind the scenes roles or appearing on camera as well.

As we previously reported, Game of Thrones star Lena Headey has been cast in the role of Paige’s mom. Nick Frost from Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead will be playing her father.

Deadline released a synopsis for the flick that says, “The film follows the story of reformed gangster and former wrestler Ricky, his wife Julia, daughter Saraya and son Zak, who make a living performing in tiny venues across the country.”

“Ricky and Julia want a better life for their children, and when brother and sister get the chance to audition for the WWE, it seems the family dream is coming true and all their troubles will be solved. However, Saraya and Zak are about to learn that becoming a WWE superstar demands more than they ever imagined possible as athletes and siblings.”

What Culture Pro Wrestling and Wrestle Circus both announced this weekend that Tessa had to pull out of their events and the latter said it was due to an “exciting new project.”

We’re told this is what they were talking about.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/fighting-family-female-wrestler/#.WKComxIrJE4?platform=hootsuite

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned filming for Fighting With My Family — the movie about Paige — will take place next week at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Multiple sources tell us a big moment from Paige’s career will be filmed in front of the live audience, which means we’ll more than likely get our first look at Florence Pugh as the WWE Superstar.

As we previously reported, two popular female wrestlers have been hired to work on the movie and Lena Headey — aka Cersei Lannister — has been cast in the role of her mom, Saraya Knight.

We’re told production started this week and Dave Taylor has been the on-set wrestling coordinator.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/fighting-family-filming-staples-center/#.WKYCXRIrJE4?platform=hootsuite

Archived