Pro wrestling Noah partnership

sharpe2803

Hope someone shoots on DH Smith, thats uf he's still around there.

DH Smith is in Suzuki-Gun, on NJPW.

Anyway, TNA is a steaming puddle of liquid shits...but I'm still happy to see more partnerships in wrestling. I think it's very, VERY interesting that every major company has ties to other promotions now. NJPW/ROH, WWE/Evolve/Progress, TNA/NOAH...

I can dig it.

So any chance the WWE forms a partnership with any of the other companies in Japan?

Who's even left? DDT and Dragon Gate? DG already has DGUSA and a partnership with Chikara. DDT is way too extreme for any partnership with WWE. Besides, WWE seems to be more about securing a spot in the UK and also expanding into places where pro wrestling is more obscure, like China and India.

So any chance the WWE forms a partnership with any of the other companies in Japan?

Who's even left? DDT and Dragon Gate? DG already has DGUSA and a partnership with Chikara. DDT is way too extreme for any partnership with WWE. Besides, WWE seems to be more about securing a spot in the UK and also expanding into places where pro wrestling is more obscure, like China and India.

DGUSA is dead for a couple of years now, that was also the company that had the partnership with Chikara not the orginal Japanse one. Right now DG has no partnership with another company.

AJPW could be an option they have no ties curently with other promotions.

There's also BJW...another one that I don't think WWE would ever approach.

I just don't think WWE cares about a Japanese partnership, tbh.

All of those organizations are "old blood" so to speak. WWE seems interested in securing the future...not just partnering with other companies for the hell of it. If there were smaller, virtually unknown, upcoming promotions in Japan, then WWE might try to sink their claws into one of those...but not one of the established brands like AJPW. That's just my opinion.

DGUSA is dead for a couple of years now, that was also the company that had the partnership with Chikara not the orginal Japanse one. Right now DG has no partnership with another company.

AJPW still exists?

Apparently Scott d'amore has returned to tna in a backstage role which is quite promising tbh looking at the talent he brought in the past such as Bobby roode and Petey Williams still not getting my hopes but impact seems to be heading in a up direction

As much as i love Scott D'Amore, don't think finding talent has ever been a problem with TNA. Up until NXT was around TNA was always way more talented then the WWE roster. The problem is TNA has just this identity crisis. They should present themselves as a total alternative to the WWE instead of right now what is basically the same thing.

AJPW still exists?

On the rise again actually. 6000 fans last month in Sumo Hall to the surprise of many.

Following last week‘s announcement that Impact Wrestling and Japan’s Pro Wrestling NOAH have entered a working relationship, ImpactWrestling.com posted the following, revealing more details about their first event together.

As we noted earlier this week, Eddie Edwards, James Storm and Moose will appear on the March 14th “Great Voyage 2017” event in Tokyo, Japan at Korakuen Hall.

On Feb. 14th in Tokyo, Japan at world famous Korakuen Hall, Pro Wrestling NOAH announced the Impact Stars who will be making their way across the ocean to compete for the promotion.

It is all part of the new working relationship between Impact Wrestling and Pro Wrestling NOAH that was announced last week on impactWrestling.com. NOAH President Masayuki Uchida held a Press Conference in Tokyo as well to address the new working agreement.

Now, on March 12th in Yokohama, KANAGAWA Impact Stars will compete in the “Great Voyage 2017” event. The fans in Japan will have the opportunity to see some of their favorite Impact Stars LIVE! Making the trip to Yokohama:

Former 5x World Tag Team Champion and former World Champion Eddie Edwards.

Multiple Time World Tag Team Champion and Former World Champion “The Cowboy” James Storm.

Former NFL Offensive Lineman turned Impact Star, the 6’7” 299 lbs. Moose!

All Three men were announced at the Feb. 14th Show in Tokyo, Japan and can’t wait to get to Yokohama. We are certainly looking forward to more events with Pro Wrestling NOAH as well as seeing some of their great stars in Impact Wrestling in the near future.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/806931-more-details-on-impact-wrestling-noah-relationship-tnas-top-five-moments-of-2014-video

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't be surprised if WWE dipped their toes in the Japanese wrestling scene in the next couple of years. But I doubt they'll do it as a partnership, they'll probably just invade the territory and try and sign loads of guys to create their own show like they did with the UK guys.

Good news for Impact wrestling though, but I think they've already lost too many of their viewers to ever truly return to their glory days back in the early 2000's.

Wouldn't be surprised if WWE dipped their toes in the Japanese wrestling scene in the next couple of years. But I doubt they'll do it as a partnership, they'll probably just invade the territory and try and sign loads of guys to create their own show like they did with the UK guys.

Good news for Impact wrestling though, but I think they've already lost too many of their viewers to ever truly return to their glory days back in the early 2000's.

Must have missed the part where WWE has a partnership forming with companies like Progress and ICW, and we're about 95% sure that ICW is coming to the WWE Network very soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Must have missed the part where WWE has a partnership forming with companies like Progress and ICW, and we're about 95% sure that ICW is coming to the WWE Network very soon.

Those deal is mostly beneficial to WWE though. I'd be surprised to see any of the commpanies in Japan take a similar deal, and it definitely wouldn't get any of the "big" Japanese names in a WWE ring.

Looking at the ICW Roster, they still have Grado, Matt Cross and Ricochet, all signed to other promotions.

Archived