Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XI

Lunchbox

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Tye is the most disappointing NXT call-up of all-time.

While things got sour for some of the others, they were at least given spotlight when they debuted. Breeze got a PPV win over Ziggler and screentime for the first two months or so. Adam Rose and Bo Dallas appeared every week and had undefeated streaks against midcarders. Point is, they were given a shot at the very least.

Tye beat Hawkins, had three matches against Aiden English and then disappeared. He appeared in a Battle Royal and took a loss to the champ. That's 6 televised matches since April with no direction, feud or even a promo to introduce his character. It's a terrible way to debut somebody and I wish the dude stayed in NXT.

It also doesn't make make sense to me because he has no problem winning over a crowd.

I love Joe. But I feel like he still hasn't been as good as he once was.

When was that
2004-2008

That's called age. "Still" implies he can return to that, idk why you're expecting that to happen.

I love Joe. But I feel like he still hasn't been as good as he once was.

When was that
2004-2008
That's called age. "Still" implies he can return to that, idk why you're expecting that to happen.

I'm expecting it because I know he good he once was. As some wrestlers get older. There matches are better. I know that doesn't apply to everyone. But I feel he could do it again.

Samoa Joe's best days are definitely behind him.

I thought Joe wasn't performing near as good as he did at any point during his run in TNA when he first came to NXT, but's he's turned it up and has shown a lot of flashes of his old self since he won the NXT title.

Joe was at his best when he was wrestling all the time, when he was doing a TON of indies between his TNA dates. Then TNA cut ties to ROH and he also was just sputtering around for the longest time and i think he became demotivated. Think the fact that WWE is showing that they trust him and hes doing house shows everyday is motivating him to be the best again. Honestly i want to see him go against Styles at Wrestlemania this year cause i would probably blow anything they ever did out of the water.

I think Tye is the most disappointing NXT call-up of all-time.

While things got sour for some of the others, they were at least given spotlight when they debuted. Breeze got a PPV win over Ziggler and screentime for the first two months or so. Adam Rose and Bo Dallas appeared every week and had undefeated streaks against midcarders. Point is, they were given a shot at the very least.

Tye beat Hawkins, had three matches against Aiden English and then disappeared. He appeared in a Battle Royal and took a loss to the champ. That's 6 televised matches since April with no direction, feud or even a promo to introduce his character. It's a terrible way to debut somebody and I wish the dude stayed in NXT.

It also doesn't make make sense to me because he has no problem winning over a crowd.

I agree. I really don't see how he's not in the US title picture right now. I had hope after his strong performance in the battle royal.

Legit blows my mind.

I get SD is crowded but why even call him up then? They did the same thing with Corbin and Apollo for a while BUT at least they were on television more than a handful of times in their first five months.

Probably because keeping him on NXT would clutter things up. They would be forced to feature him even though they clearly had no plans for him anymore. On SD he has that space to show up sporadically.

Tye will get his due i am sure of it.

Tye's doing fine, IMO...he could definitely do with a better feud than Aiden English, but I hope everyone can see what the intention on SD seems to be (which is to elevate the entire roster)...which means that sometimes people on a higher level have to meet people on a lower level, and vice versa. It's just a start to give Tye and English something to do. Tye is definitely better than English. He's a total package. But it takes time.

Now...a better question is, WHERE THE HELL IS HARPER and why hasn't he won any titles?

I wouldn't say clearly. Dude always had an angle going on down there. I think they just rushed into his debut because of his Rumble appearence that fans were clearly pushing for. Of course that's speculation but yeah...

I went on Road Dogg's Twitter and noticed he acknowledged the lack of appearances for Tye and Harper because fans were complaining. So at least he knows people want to see more of him...

I wouldn't say clearly. Dude always had an angle going on down there. I think they just rushed into his debut because of his Rumble appearence that fans were clearly pushing for. Of course that's speculation but yeah...

I went on Road Dogg's Twitter and noticed he acknowledged the lack of appearances for Tye and Harper because fans were complaining. So at least he knows people want to see more of him...

He debuted two whole months after his Rumble debut. It was not rushed. He had spent his time in NXT and he was ready to move up.

I agree that he was ready.

But I don't know if those in charge of SD were ready to find a use for him. That's all I'm saying.

No they weren't, but he had spent his uses in NXT and keeping him cluttered on that stacked roster with all the new names and with only 1 hour per week, he had no place there anymore.

Tye's doing fine, IMO...he could definitely do with a better feud than Aiden English, but I hope everyone can see what the intention on SD seems to be (which is to elevate the entire roster)...which means that sometimes people on a higher level have to meet people on a lower level, and vice versa. It's just a start to give Tye and English something to do. Tye is definitely better than English. He's a total package. But it takes time.

Losing clean to Aiden English on the Battleground pre-show lmao

I wouldn't mind Tye Dillinger going back to NXT and having a title reign. He could say that he had unfinished business down there.

Archived