Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XI

Lunchbox

I hate when Sami Zayn loses and the first thing people thing of is, "...Oh, so Sami Zayn is a jobber now?" Zayn being an underdog is what got him over in the first place.

Zayn being called from NXT as a former champion doesn't help, either, because people generally feel like anyone from NXT needs to start off their main roster careers with a long list of wins before taking a loss and should be champion or at least in contention for a title within their first few months or something - regardless of that wrestler's character/gimmick or who their opponent may be.

For example, with a guy like Aleister Black, it's safe to assume that whenever he gets called up, he'll start off his main roster career being an undefeated champion or something.

However, you take a look at a guy like Apollo Crews and it seemed quite clear that there was no real plan for him; he merely got called to fill a spot for the brand split, it seemed.

I'm enjoying Mike Kanellis, he's always been decent in the ring and actually has a character. Also I don't why people always complain about Sami Zayn loosing, he's the underdog and all of this will make his first world title win (which will 100% happen) all the more greater. As an underdog, he has the distinct ability to loose and bounce straight back.

Before or after Cesaro's?

I'll be surprised if it's after, but who knows.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm enjoying Mike Kanellis, he's always been decent in the ring and actually has a character. Also I don't why people always complain about Sami Zayn loosing, he's the underdog and all of this will make his first world title win (which will 100% happen) all the more greater. As an underdog, he has the distinct ability to loose and bounce straight back.

Before or after Cesaro's?

I do actually think he's a lot more likely to win a world title before Cesaro. Even if it's in a similar light to his NXT title run where he wins it only for him to have it taken away from him. He has a natural charisma, does good for the company's public image and in general is one of the best in the world.

Also, going back to Zayn's initial NXT title run, I thought that was booked to perfect with the whole redemption and going through all the prior people he had lost to before finally capturing the title. Honestly, people would be sick of Zayn if he'd of held a couple of world titles by now as he's far better as a chaser.

The thing about an underdog character is that the underdog has to eventually succeed big time despite the odds, that's what makes the pay-off. With Sami, there is no long term pay-off so far, every time it seems its finally coming, he just gets pushed right back down.

He's kind of, dull tbh. What's his gimmick anyway? Great in the ring however.

He's kinda like this quirky, overzealous motormouth. It was said by some of his peers that he's like that in real life so he ran with it on-screen. I'll say it's a start. It's tolerable than most acts on Smackdown atm and he's not bad on the mic at all imo....but I can easily see how some ppl can't get into him from a character standpoint.

His look doesn't help. I legit think I could submit him.

But in all seriousness, even Rey Mysterio's more intimidating. I don't think casuals will buy Zayn as a WWE or Universal champion. I like the guy and as I've said before, I wouldn't mind a short reign. I just don't think WWE see him as a main-event player.

Thing I liked about Sami's feud with Braun for a while was that he kept coming no matter what and wanted to prove himself, and I think that could work for him a bit longer if WWE can tweak the idea as time goes by to keep it fresh.

Wanna see him and K.O win the tag titles some day.

I wish small guys could be seen as a threat to bigger guys in WWE. I've always Low-Ki vs Brock Lesnar would be sick. Low Ki's lethal with his kicks. Anyone could get knocked out in a fight.

There's a difference between how Low Ki looks and how Sami looks. Ki legit looks like a dangerous mother *censored*er.

Archived