Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XI

Lunchbox

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I hate your idea Gen but we have different views on undefeated streaks. I'd like Asuka to pull a Goldberg throughout her career. Eww to a surprise Ruby Riot pin.

You want Asuka to never lose? That sounds like ass. What's the point in that?

Especially with the way she's been crafted into the two-faced, heel bitch that she is right now. It's fairly obvious that she will be losing soon. Undefeated streaks are for the birds.

That just devalues the NXT women's division...the champion just leaving without losing the belt. No thanks.

She already has the longest undefeated streak in history...that is more than enough. It's been hard to keep enjoying her properly while WWE unapologetically pushed her to beat Goldberg's streak. It can stop now. I love Asuka, and I love that she legitimately surpassed Goldberg's streak, but it shouldn't keep going. And to whoever said "another two years"...yeah, no. That's just how you burn people out on someone and completely ruin them.

The champion leaves without losing the belt and the new champion's decided with the 32-women tournament that's coming up.

Sounds ass. Asuka needs to pass the torch. The current batch of talent look completely incompetent if none of them can take the belt off Asuka in a combined effort...especially when she's being cocky and careless and making mistakes.

Not to mention, having that one last hurdle following the tournament would be infinitely better than just being rewarded the belt. Winner getting a match with the champion, a match which she might not actually win...that's more interesting than just "here you go...here's the belt". A belt should never transition from a vacant position unless it's absolutely forced to.

The champion leaves without losing the belt and the new champion's decided with the 32-women tournament that's coming up.

That's what I would like to see.

Or Cross steals Asuka's victory by pinning Ruby, Asuka flips out on the next episode and "injures" Liv Morgan and Aliyah. Regal suspenses her. Asuka keeps showing up to Samoa Joe the roster. Regal wants to fire her. Ember Moon returns and wants a final match with Asuka. If Asuka loses, she must leave NXT

Down.

The "devalues the division" point isn't a real thing. If RAW or SD hire her and offer her a title shot as long as she relinquishes the title, it makes perfect sense.

I'd rather they get the loss over with in NXT so that fans wont think Asuka came up to the big leagues and couldn't remain a big fish for long amongst other big fish.

Besides it can only help the resume of the next big Fish on NXT by getting the win against Asuka.

Goldberg has lost matches. Just rarely.

And I don't want her first loss to come until someone beats her on the main roster for the title.

Yeah, I still feel like the other NXT women don't come across as a serious threat to Asuka. Ember Moon, Nikki Cross and Ruby Riot are all great, but there still hasn't been enough development for them to beat Asuka clean, imo.

I agree...although, I don't really think that's unpopular. He was really fun to watch during the time he and Cody were fighting the Authortity and The Shield for their jobs.

Goldust seems to be one of those characters that should be so much more than what he is right now.

The "devalues the division" point isn't a real thing. If RAW or SD hire her and offer her a title shot as long as she relinquishes the title, it makes perfect sense.

The problem is not with Asuka being wanted elsewhere and leaving to go to the main roster. Of course that part is believable. The problem is like I said...the entire NXT women's division failed to take the belt off her. Being unsuccessful in beating a cocky, careless champion who is making mistakes...that makes the remaining women's roster of NXT look like shit. If Asuka was still a face, who has her head in the right place and looks flawless...then I might be inclined to agree that she could remain undefeated. But she isn't that Asuka right now...she's vulnerable to having one go over on her. She's too cocky for her own good.

There's "making Asuka look good"...and then there's the point where making her look good begins to harm others. People cry when it happens with a guy like Roman...but, Asuka? Sure...let her remain undefeated for 500 matches...hypocrisy. Really though, the entire storyline has built to her actually losing the belt. Everything about the build has led to a clean loss. The breaking of Goldberg's streak makes that even more obvious. If they just ignore all of the build and have her stripped of the belt...nah...I don't even want to think about that. Like I said...it's *censored*ing lazy.

I want him to become that creepy heel that everyone felt uncomfortable about and actually feared.

Same. He's still creepy and someone most people probably feel uncomfortable around, but he's intimidating in the least bit; he's been turned in to a joke for the most part over the years.

Goldust is still damn good in the ring, and I wouldn't mind him getting a final run as Intercontinental Champion. Or at least a feud over it.

I'd even say a main event push. Not on Raw though. I really liked when Stardust was paired with The Ascension. Goldust and The Ascension could work.....

Did you just call it hypocrisy and compare Roman to Asuka's undefeated streak? Oh boy.

Roman's been pinned before ya know. Apples and oranges. Plus he sucks in comparison to her. Like wtf kind of comparison is that?

Hell, so because I'd want one person undefeated, I'd have to be okay with a boring *Censored* (imo) being undefeated as well? Really don't get the logic there...

Been wanting this for a while. She should graciously relinquish the belt and move onto "bigger and better" things on the main roster.

Archived