6 dead in Quebec mosque shooting

FulGore

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unreal, very sad to hear. Apparently the police are holding a press conference and there is more information coming in.

One of two gunmen who shouted 'Allahu akbar!' as they opened fire at a mosque in Quebec City was of Moroccan origin, a witness and local media reported Monday, revealing the first details about the attackers in the massacre that killed six people.

The terror suspects were identified as Mohamed Khadir and Alexandre Bissonnette, the Canadian TV network TVA Nouvelles reported. They were arrested soon after the shooting at the Quebec Islamic Cultural Centre Sunday night and were expected to appear in court later Monday, police told reporters.

One of the gunman actually turned himself in, calling 911 less than 20 minutes later and giving officers his location in d'Orleans so they could arrest him, police said.

Tweet from good ol Richard Spencer, not sure if before or after. Disgusting either way.

https://twitter.com/richardbspencer/status/825922972896538626

Also I'm hearing the same thing sam the d00d is saying and they're already painting the "he's a lone wolf kid" picture for him.

RIP to the lives lost man. Smh.

And this coincidentally happens after this tweet from good ol Richard Spencer https://twitter.com/richardbspencer/status/825922972896538626

That's *censored*ed up!
Yeah but I was wrong because he tweeted that soon AFTER the news broke out. Still *censored*ed up though.

Still, he shows no sympathy for innocent lives. What a piece of shit.

Apparently, it was just the white, feminist-hating Canadian nationalist who opened fire. Kinda disproves the theory that only Muslims can be terrorists, doesn't it?

Rest in peace to the lives lost. No non-white place of worship is safe, it seems, from black churches to gurudwaras and mosques. And sadly, I don't see most of my white friends on FB talking about this. If it was a nonwhite attack on white church, they'd all be talking about this and condemning the terrorist/s.

Jeez. How many innocent people have to die due to racism or fear?

The world's been In the crapper forever. There's always been terribly awful and horrible shit in the world that doesn't make any sense.

I hope one day the world finds peace, but, unfortunately, that'll probably never happen even in my future grandkids lifetimes.

RIP to the lives lost.

Peace is never going to happen, its sad but true. Unfortunately basic human nature ensures that we'll always kill eachother over the dumbest things.

I hope they rest in peace, at least they're free from a world that would do such things to them now. And i hope the bastard who did it rots.

Condolences to the friends and families of the dead. Sad that religion is still such a vital part of humanity at this point, it's so detrimental to us as a society.

To be fair, though...this wasn't necessarily done because of religion. Those people were in that spot because of religion...but it was done because of mental health. Too many sick bastards out there...and that goes for both the people who act on it (like this guy did)...and also for the people who just think it's okay to hate other people quietly. The root of the problem lies in broken, shitty, intolerant people...which the world is full of.

We need to stop blaming mental health for shootings that go on, otherwise people will incorrectly think mental health issues = murderous when that's not the case. Mental health is ostracized as it is, no need to spread misinformation and make people even be more reluctant to do anything about it.

http://www.salon.com/2017/01/31/classmates-say-suspected-quebec-mosque-shooter-loved-trump_partner/

The terrorist was a Trump lover.

We need to stop blaming mental health for shootings that go on, otherwise people will incorrectly think mental health issues = murderous when that's not the case. Mental health is ostracized as it is, no need to spread misinformation and make people even be more reluctant to do anything about it.

What? That's absurd...I mean...it is a mental health issue. Mental health isn't a *censored*ing blanket term for everything. If people are too stupid to realize that, then they should be educated to *censored*ing understand common sense shit. Obviously there are dangerous forms of mental illness, and harmless ones. But any form of terrorist attack is a result of a dangerous mental illness. A mentally stable person doesn't do shit like that...their psyche has obviously been disturbed if they think it's a good idea to go out and murder a group of people...that is mental illness.

That's a dumb and absurd way to look at terrorism and murder. While there are some like Adam Lanza who had mental issues, there are tons more cases like Alexandre Bissonette where the murderers were sane but had shitty and warped views. How is this a mental health issue? There are sane people with shitty views and ideals.

If this guy wasn't a white nationalist who hated feminists, he wouldn't have murdered these innocent people even if he had some sort of mental issues, most likely.

That's a dumb and absurd way to look at terrorism and murder. While there are some like Adam Lanza who had mental issues, there are tons more cases like Alexandre Bissonette where the murderers were sane but had shitty and warped views. How is this a mental health issue? There are sane people with shitty views and ideals.

If this guy wasn't a white nationalist who hated feminists, he wouldn't have murdered these innocent people even if he had some sort of mental issues, most likely.

WUT

Last I checked, people who murder people aren't sane.

*Waits for you to use some ridiculous legal definition, rather than just using common sense to dictate that sane people don't murder people*

You can plead insanity when you murder someone...as a way of claiming that you didn't know what you were doing...but that doesn't make people who otherwise commit murder not insane. Anyone who wakes up one day and says "I really feel like murdering some people for no good reason" is not a sane person...

Archived