Kingdom Hearts Series

High Flying Maniac

I'm actually getting less hyped for this game the closer it gets. That last trailer looked pretty lame, tbh. Not feeling some of the decisions that have been made regarding characters/worlds, or the overall art direction for that matter. Seems to be missing the magic that the older games had...not to mention, the KH storyline is just becoming a joke at this point. But, maybe I'll be proven wrong. Not about to cancel the pre-order I've had since 2015. :lol:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked at that and saw that it was 3 hours long and I frowned. But I took a couple seconds to think about it and I think I'm going to watch like 30 minutes of it right now LMAO

I watched the whole thing XD. It was a fun ride and the first explanation vid that makes me feel like I'm caught up finally. He did a great job

• 4 weeks later...

Just a little heads up for those who hate spoilers, apparently some copies have been released early and people have been posting videos about the game. Luckily I haven't come across any such videos yet.

Tetsuya Nomura also commented on this...

We're aware that a small portion of KINGDOM HEARTS III has been circulating online before it's official release. We are also aware as to how this all happened. We're sorry to see this caused concern amongst fans who are excited for the release.

The whole team has been working together since yesterday night (Japan Time) to investigate what we can do to better this situation, but first we would like to ask that you not to share these videos.

The game's epilogue and secret movie, which are the biggest spoilers in this game, are planned to be released at a later date just in case, so they will not be shown before the game's official release.

We want everyone to be able to equally experience the full game after its release, so we ask for your continued support on this matter.

We're also very grateful that our fans have been warning each other about the spoilers. Thank you very much.

We're one month out from the release. Let's enjoy the game together when it releases on January 29, 2019.

- Director Tetsuya Nomura

So I'm glad they did it, but they basically just admitted they're shipping an incomplete game

lmao yeah, it's really scummy IMO. prob be paid DLC as well

Them releasing the epilogue and secret movie after release isn't a big deal in my opinion, unless they charge us for it in which case that'd be stupid. I'll just wait and see what they do.

Seems like Nomura releasing them post release is to avoid spoilers from those who get the game early. I mean, that's what everyone seems to be thinking and based on his comment "We're one month out from the release. Let's enjoy the game together when it releases on January 29, 2019." I think that may be it.

Due to what happened they moved up their schedule and released a new trailer (only a day early but whatever). Kingdom Hearts is one of the very few game series that I absolutely love so yeah, this game is definitely gonna get me all kinds of emotional.

This trailer alone is getting me choked up. That scream from Sora at he end has me very worried.

I know these devs wanna pretend that this day one patch business is okay, but they still alienate a select group of people who may not have the luxury of doing that day one... Or EVER. Even if they are the minority, scummy is indeed a good word for it. In this case, Nomura has good intentions, but not everybody does and yet they all do sheeit like this.

Just completed 0.2 for the first time. Been a while since I last played it, forgot how beautiful it looks. Never finished it because other games kept grabbing my attention. Playing through it has me even more excited for KH3!

Here's the update release schedule for those curious.

Kingdom Hearts III free game update release schedule

Tuesday, January 29
Update 1.01 (several data fixes)
Memory Archive (videos)
*The Memory Archive option will be added to the game's title menu and can be viewed at any time.
Wednesday, January 30
Epilogue (video)
*Players will need to have completed Kingdom Hearts III and seen the ending to view this video.
Thursday, January 31
Secret (video)
*Players will need to have completed Kingdom Hearts III and seen the ending, as well as fulfilled certain criteria during play to view this video.
*The criteria vary depending on the difficulty level selected.
*The Memory Archive is a digest of the Kingdom Hearts story in the series up to this point.
*The epilogue and secret movie are video content that will enhance player's enjoyment of the world of Kingdom Hearts.
*These pieces of downloadable content are additional elements for Kingdom Hearts III
*The main game allows players to proceed to and view the ending without the need for an internet connection.
*An internet connection is required to download patches to update the game.

• 5 weeks later...
New trailer released yesterday, nothing too crazy though (except that ending). Oh and anti form is back, now called "rage form", so that's cool.
I'm both incredibly excited and incredibly nervous to play this. I've pretty much been looking forward to KH3 since KH2. The game looks amazing but *censored*, I said this on the last page but I just know this game is gonna *censored* with my emotions hard.

I'm actually getting less hyped for this game the closer it gets. That last trailer looked pretty lame, tbh. Not feeling some of the decisions that have been made regarding characters/worlds, or the overall art direction for that matter. Seems to be missing the magic that the older games had...not to mention, the KH storyline is just becoming a joke at this point. But, maybe I'll be proven wrong. Not about to cancel the pre-order I've had since 2015. :lol:

Fair enough. The game appears to have changed quite a bit but regarding the overall art direction part: is there anything in particular that stands out or just everything as a whole? Because to me it just looks like a much more polished version of KH2, art direction-wise I mean. Unless I completely understood what you meant.

As for the story, while it is convoluted as *censored* it is really good in my opinion. I'll admit there are some questionable aspects but overall I think it's good. I haven't played every game in the series so I just watched some videos on YouTube that told and explained the entire story so far, felt like they did a good job. I can try to find the videos if anyone's interested (2 videos, about an hour each I think).

Oh yeah, I'm definitely excited for this now that it's here. You know...the whole build to it has been pretty shit to me personally, there were even times that I flat out talked trash about how the game was looking. But, yeah...now that it's here, I'm thinking it's going to be great. I'm sure I'll mark like a little bitch, and maybe even cry when I start playing it. :lol:

I was gonna play all of the KH games a while back. Made it through 1, and Aqua's path in BBS...then I stopped. Lmao. I played I and II back in the day when they were new. But, yeah...I was gonna play everything, because I never played any of those spin-offs. Just got lazy and never did that shit. :lol:

Yeah, there's a ton of games to go through. I also planned on playing them all before KH3 released... I finished 2 of them (2 and 0.2). I also watched the 358/2 Days and X Back Cover cinematics. I would still like to play through all the games eventually though.

Archived