Kingdom Hearts Series

High Flying Maniac

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lmao , two years isn't too bad though,just as long as they don't Duke Nukem Forever it. Sometimes I wonder why companies even bother with release dates/windows, but we'll see

Heard that there are less Disney worlds than KH2...which is bullshit, in all honesty. Especially when you consider all of the IPs that Disney has acquired since KH2. They should have more worlds than ever. Also, I just really don't care for the main story of KH...I want more Disney worlds than whatever the hell the main story tries to be.

At this point I don't expect Kingdom Hearts 3 to blow people away. At best it will be a game that lives up to expectation. At worst it will fall victim to the same hype death Diablo 3 experienced.

Heard that there are less Disney worlds than KH2...which is bullshit, in all honesty. Especially when you consider all of the IPs that Disney has acquired since KH2. They should have more worlds than ever. Also, I just really don't care for the main story of KH...I want more Disney worlds than whatever the hell the main story tries to be.

Supposedly because each world is gonna be a hell of a lot bigger than in past games, so it kinda makes sense. Honestly, I wouldn't consider losing something like... say Atlantica a big, or really any, lose.

Kingdom Hearts is probably the only JRPG I don't play for the story(and yes, that includes Pokemon). Not only is the shit so convoluted with all the ridiculous terminology and alternate worlds and other crap that you need to be damn near transcendent to make any sense of it, but the Disney worlds have almost no impact on the story outside of a very small handful. About half of which is Mickey Mouse characters and the other being the princesses and Maleficent. Sora is also generic shonen protagonist #2773629

The reason I play the KH series is for the detail that goes into crafting "true" Disney worlds...and for the emotional cues that interacting with those classic characters triggers in my nostalgic brain. I honestly hate the whole "secret society" thing. And for that reason, I want as many Disney worlds represented as accurately as possible.

Wonder if they're gonna miss out on the opportunity of "Frozen World" :P. They can make it another rhythm-based level like Atlantica 2.No, XD

Sooo... I am nearly done with KH1 and I got to know if the world music loops as badly in the second game, because hearing 20 seconds of 'Under The Sea' over and over really drove me nuts.

I had the soundtrack for KH2 I bought like a decade ago and each of those songs were about 2 minutes to 2:30 looping once. So maybe you'll get an average 1:15 out of them

Atlantica in its entirety will drive you nuts though. Brace yourself

Oh Gawd its been forever since I played it. It really is optional? I.could've sworn there was a key hole there... or am I thinking of KH1 because the worlds were destroyed there and KH2 had.the more restored versions? I don't know what's real anymore XD

• 2 months later...

That Roxas battle in 2.5 might be the worst designed boss battle in video game history. Playing on standard and im over leveled and he's beating me in 5 seconds or less (no bullshit either I had a friend time it) If thats the kinda shit im waiting for in KH3 im 100% out.

Oh Gawd its been forever since I played it. It really is optional? I.could've sworn there was a key hole there... or am I thinking of KH1 because the worlds were destroyed there and KH2 had.the more restored versions? I don't know what's real anymore XD

It's mandatory in 1. 2 is completely optional. Took me actually wasting a decent portion of time their to figure it out.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Square Enix and Disney have announced Kingdom Hearts: VR Experience for PlayStation VR! Kingdom Hearts fans can relive some of their favorite memories from the storied franchise with this special, immersive experience. This holiday, gather your friends and family to enjoy a free 10-minute interactive video featuring the series’ iconic, breathtaking music. While we won’t spoil exactly what you’ll experience, we can confirm that you will also be able to unlock new content as you keep playing! ::: Kingdom Hearts: VR Experience will be available this holiday as a free download from PlayStation Store.

So the opening theme song for KH3 is gonna be a collaboration between Skrillex and Utada Hikaru. That's... interesting. I'll wait to hear it before I judge but when I think of a Kingdom Hearts opening, Slirllex isn't exactly what comes to mind. But apparently he's a big KH fan, at least that's better than someone who doesn't care about it I suppose.

Song is called "Face My Fears" and debuts January 18th.

• 2 weeks later...

Should be interesting. I'm just glad the other song wasn't the opening. Not a fan.

Anyways I rarely check my email but in one of my newsletters it mentioned Kingdom Hearts:the story so far. It's a combination of everything from 1.5 + 2.5 and 2.8 final chapter prologue so basically every thing you need to catch up to KH3 for at least 10 bucks cheaper (it's 39.99) than if you bought the two sets separately. So if you haven't yet and were thinking about it, this is your shot. I'da bought it soon as I saw it but I gotta focus on other things

• 1 month later...

Damn it after all this time now the voice acting finally sucks to me v_v

Great trailer though. I still need to pick up that compilation cuz I don't know what the hell I was just looking at

Archived