CAWs.ws
Facebook Twitter YouTube RSS Feed

Resident Evil (Series)

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#121 Generations

Generations

You want to see something...really scary?

• Members
  • 91,692 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:23 PM

Who the hell was arguing? I just don't think the graphics are at the level where I would say that they look "great". All I did was ask what they look great in comparison to. They aren't "top-tier graphics" in terms of what technology is capable of in 2019...so I had to ask.

#122 Bdon

Bdon

Taxation is Theft

• Members
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 10:52 PM

I just don't want to get into it over graphics. It has the RE engine. It looks good imo. I don't know what to compare it to. I guess RE2. Doesn't matter really. The game is going to be shit either way. It's kind of their way though. They cant keep momentum for shit. Release a great game and throw something retarded together to tie us over until the next big game.

#123 WNX

WNX

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,849 posts
  • Gamertag: WebbanationX
  • SEN (PS3): WebbanationX

Posted 15 September 2019 - 12:52 AM

I like that they are taking risks. RE2 is not even a year old and Resistance will prolly be here before that mark. It's not a game for all the RE fans and I'm sure they're aware. As long as they price it decently it shouldn't be an issue and I personally don't see it as a knock to their momentum. Just looks like extra content from here, a side project, and an experiment in its own right. 100% skipable content that will have a dedicated fanbase for it.

I'd never play it, many people won't touch it past the beta, but alot of people will take to it. If it plays the way it sounds (hopefully it moves a little better than it looks now) then it should be a decent experience for that audience of gamers. Just not sure about the longevity of it. A game like that you have to keep updated, but I'm sure they'd wanna save monster redesigns and whatnot for their later games like Nemesis and 8 down the line, so what could they really add to this one before then?

#124 AlterNation

AlterNation

The Man

• Members
  • 13,087 posts
  • Twitter: @MrAlterNation

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:02 PM

RE3 remake cover leaked.

https://www.gamesrad...ystation-cover/

#125 Brandon-X

Brandon-X

The Most Quotable Man Alive

• Members
  • 22,565 posts
  • Gamertag: ExtremistJaitsu
  • SEN (PS3): Jaitsu
  • Steam ID: JaitsuPatrol
  • Twitter: @Jaitsu

Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:41 PM

Excellent

#126 WNX

WNX

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:30 PM

The staples are gone? =0

#127 Spamming Nooblet

Spamming Nooblet

Hammer Time

• Members
  • 7,633 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Im2DamnLegit
  • Steam ID: ultimateshadow10

Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:31 PM

They all look great, I cannot wait to play this again!

#128 Generations

Generations

• Members
  • 91,692 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:05 PM

Really not sure why they changed the look of Nemesis. No staples, weird rodent teeth, deformed human nose, and covered in yellow "caution" stickers for some reason? Otherwise, it should be cool...

Edited by Generations, 03 December 2019 - 09:06 PM.

#129 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

Undefeated at Wrestlemania: 0-0

• Members
  • 22,013 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:49 PM

Cannot wait for RE4 remake.

#130 Generations

Generations

• Members
  • 91,692 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:56 PM

RE4 will probably be a looooooong ways off (if at all). The only reason why 3 is happening so quickly, is because it's set in Raccoon City, which was already designed for the RE2 remake. Also, RE4 isn't that old in itself...and Code Veronica is probably more likely to be remade after 3. 

#131 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

Undefeated at Wrestlemania: 0-0

• Members
  • 22,013 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 12:57 AM

But 4 is regarded by some as the best game in the series. It would make a ton of money.

#132 WNX

WNX

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:56 AM

After CV, they'd prolly chill with the remakes. I think it was just the fixed camera games they wanted to revisit

#133 Generations

Generations

• Members
  • 91,692 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:42 AM

But 4 is regarded by some as the best game in the series. It would make a ton of money.

And it still does. The ports of the original still sell like hotcakes. That's kinda the point. It was...and still is regarded as a fan favorite, and people still buy/play it for that reason. It doesn't need a remake. Everything from 4 and onward has seen new life already by releasing on Switch and whatnot.

Like WNX said, I think these remakes were more about bringing those PS1/N64 games up to relative speed with everything else. Code Veronica may have been PS2 Era...but it was right on that fine line. It was a Dreamcast game first...and the graphics and controls still hadn't reached the level of RE4 yet. I really think these REmakes are just about presentation and nostalgia. RE4 doesn't exactly need a tuneup in either of those areas.

Edited by Generations, 04 December 2019 - 02:42 AM.

#134 Purple Rayne

Purple Rayne

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,977 posts
  • Steam ID: iPurpleRayne

Posted 05 December 2019 - 11:09 PM

Man, that Jill re-design bums me out. Reminds me of the approach they took with Lara Croft's re-design (which I also disliked). It's just... boring. No character. I really wish they would've stuck with her RE1 remake/RE5 face. The re-design seems completely unnecessary. Also wish they would've stuck with the original RE3 outfit as well, but in this day and age, I'm not surprised that they changed it. Too "skimpy" or whatever.

I'll likely still play it, but honestly, the Mr. X shit in the RE2 remake really soured me on the whole 'run away from the invincible monster' thing (you technically didn't have to always run away from the Nemesis in the original, but still). I'm over it. Though, I'm confident that the concept will be done better than it was done in the RE2 remake.

As for the Nemesis re-design, I'm fine with it. The changes are pretty insignificant and harmless to me.