Today I Learned...

ZEF

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guessing there was more to it...like, maybe he recorded them talking shit and then tried to use it as blackmail or something...and the higher ups were like "we don't tolerate people snitching on co-workers". Just my guess. Otherwise, yeah...why would anyone in a position to fire him even care at all?

Guessing there was more to it...like, maybe he recorded them talking shit and then tried to use it as blackmail or something...and the higher ups were like "we don't tolerate people snitching on co-workers". Just my guess. Otherwise, yeah...why would anyone in a position to fire him even care at all?

Because he recorded private conversations without getting the permission first and without telling anyone about it. He didn't need to try to blackmail anyone for it being illegal

Pretty sure that's not illegal at all. How private were the conversations? Were they like...phone calls? If it was a conversation in the locker room or something, I'm pretty sure that's a shared space. You can definitely sit right next to someone and record what they're saying if you want...that's not a crime if it's a public or shared space.

Pretty sure that's not illegal at all. How private were the conversations? Were they like...phone calls? If it was a conversation in the locker room or something, I'm pretty sure that's a shared space. You can definitely sit right next to someone and record what they're saying if you want...that's not a crime if it's a public or shared space.

Well...You're wrong. It's an invasion of privacy. It's certainly illegal.

It's not "privacy" if it's a public or shared space. So...no, it isn't illegal. Same as it's perfectly legal to take photos of people on the streets and whatnot. If you were making a movie that was going to be shown in theaters or something, then you would need consent forms for something like that...but just recording someone who is right there in the open is not a crime. It just ain't.

It's not "privacy" if it's a public or shared space. So...no, it isn't illegal. Same as it's perfectly legal to take photos of people on the streets and whatnot. If you were making a movie that was going to be shown in theaters or something, then you would need consent forms for something like that...but just recording someone who is right there in the open is not a crime. It just ain't.

Trust me. My mother is a lawyer. It is an issue.

You can argue around it if it's just in the background of something else, but Stasiak flat out admitted that he purposely recorded these private conversations, without permission from those recorded. That is a crime.

Sure, whatever. I still say that only counts if they were talking in a private place. If it was a "heated" discussion...that implies that they were not being very "private" at all. Sounds no different from someone whipping out their cell phone at a bus stop or inside a McDonalds and recording someone having a loud argument. Which is something that happens every single day without any legal intervention.

1. He recorded more than a single conversation.

2. Yes. Countless illegal stuff happens all the time without legal intervention. People don't usually report stuff they themselves deem minor or have no problem with.

It is for sure not a crime to record people doing things in public. You're welcome to believe that it is. But it isn't.

Seeing as how this is just becoming an argument of semantics (and losing any relation to the wrestling side of things), I'll leave it at that. But a public space is a public space. You acknowledge when you go into public that you are forfeiting your privacy. The only exception to that rule is if someone takes a selfie stick and slides it up your skirt or something. Anything that is openly exposed is considered public domain. That's just the truth. There will always be people willing to go to court to fight for random bullshit. But that hardly makes it the standard for law. If I went out and took a short video of the first person I saw on the street, and that person took me to court for taking that video...I would be well within my rights to win that case. I did nothing wrong. If what you're saying was true, then paparazzi for celebrities would cease to exist...they'd all be jailed. It's only an invasion of privacy if they're peeking over fences, or staring into the windows of people's homes. Random happenings in public places are not protected by privacy laws.

A locker room...the BACKSTAGE of a promotion is not a public place ffs.

I never said PUBLIC PLACE. That was you. Jesus christ. It's illegal to record PRIVATE CONVERSATIONS or DIRECTLY TAKE PHOTOS OF STRANGERS without their permission. It's not a semantics thing. It's you not understanding laws and human rights.

An paparazzis get sued ALL THE TIME, because they often invade privacys. That's not news. That's a well known fact. There is a reason why "A person of public" is a definied term.

Again. Random things are not the same as intended recording. If someone is seen in a picture of something else, it is totally fine. It's just when you specifically take pictures of others without permission, that it becomes illegal. Recording private conversations, in the backstage enviroment is not okay. Quite often even because of "House Rules".

Didnt read yalls posts but it is illegal since it was happening without their knowledge. Prob on the same levels of secretly recording a sex session without the partner knowing and uploading it or whatever. Pretty much they can sue. Not fully sure but I believe legal action can take place.

Didnt read yalls posts but it is illegal since it was happening without their knowledge. Prob on the same levels of secretly recording a sex session without the partner knowing and uploading it or whatever. Pretty much they can sue. Not fully sure but I believe legal action can take place.

So...sex (the most private act imaginable) is on the same level as a heated argument amongst co-workers now?

Mmmkay...

An paparazzis get sued ALL THE TIME, because they often invade privacys. That's not news. That's a well known fact. There is a reason why "A person of public" is a definied term.

Paparazzi get sued for going too far...because they DO violate privacy by sneaking into places they shouldn't be. Simple as that. They get sued for being reckless/causing injury or damages, trespassing, etc...not just for taking photos without consent in public places.

You really can't admit you're wrong, can you?

If I'm wrong...sure. But I'm not wrong on this. It might be viewed as unprofessional conduct...but it isn't a crime. If he bugged someone's phone, or hid a recording device in their home...then it would certainly be illegal. 100%. If he was just like "I'm going to sit here and record these fools talking shit"...then, no.

Regardless of whether state or federal law governs the situation, it is almost always illegal to record a phone call or private conversation to which you are not a party, do not have consent from at least one party, and could not naturally overhear.

Important part in bold. Exactly as I said. If you can naturally overhear it, then it isn't illegal to record it. Plain as day. Simple as that. Don't know why I get so much crap around here just for speaking the truth. A private conversation only exists if the people intentionally go somewhere where they believe themselves to be completely alone. If they're talking with you right there, then that's their decision to do so. And I never said anything more than that. I don't know if Stasiak was creeping or if he was sitting right there...but all I ever said was that it was legal to record people talking in the same room.

So...sex (the most private act imaginable) is on the same level as a heated argument amongst co-workers now?

Mmmkay...

Paparazzi get sued for going too far...because they DO violate privacy by sneaking into places they shouldn't be. Simple as that. They get sued for being reckless/causing injury or damages, trespassing, etc...not just for taking photos without consent in public places.

Not private anymore once its up on the web

But I see where this is going so you win

Archived