Today I Learned...

ZEF

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's pretty dope. Still need to watch those CM Punk vs Eddie matches from when Eddie was in the indies for a while. Think there was even an Eddie vs Punk vs Rey match.

Btw, is the Brainbuster banned in WWE? It's such a dope move.

Ive seen that triple threat before, Rey was unmasked. It was a good match.

Not surprising that wrestling often attracts those with mental illnesses, tbh.

That's a fairly sweeping statement and open to interpretation in many ways. As someone who has "a mental illness" by definition (clinical depression), I can tell you they're very broad and manifest themselves in different ways.

Do you mean as it's violent for example? (It's a common misconception that mental illness is mostly a violence issue) Maybe the fact that it might hold the attention of people with attention deficit issues - (in which case I agree with you actually)

Not surprising that wrestling often attracts those with mental illnesses, tbh.

That's a fairly sweeping statement and open to interpretation in many ways. As someone who has "a mental illness" by definition (clinical depression), I can tell you they're very broad and manifest themselves in different ways.

Do you mean as it's violent for example? (It's a common misconception that mental illness is mostly a violence issue) Maybe the fact that it might hold the attention of people with attention deficit issues - (in which case I agree with you actually)

Agreed with this post whole-heartedly. What an incredibly broad statement to make, by that logic anything attracts those with mental illnesses.

Oh I get what you said, I have suffered with mental illness for years don't patronise me.

I think that in itself is the major issue, people are only now realizing how common and wide ranging it is, and it's not simply about the conditions at the extreme end (and even they in themselves are not the cause of psychotic behaviour) we're either miserable sods, or psychos to a lot of people.

I still have the classic "you have to snap out of it" from people in my family. Oh yeah, pizzaz!!

Anyway, I digress.

Archived