Today I Learned...

ZEF

Stone Cold got his name from a serial killer.

Wasn't it from his then-wife saying that if he didn't drink his tea it'd get stone cold?

It was, the character itself was based on Richard Kulklinski. Austin pitched the idea of an "ice cold" killer type and got names back from creative like "Fang McFrost" and "Chilly McFreeze".

I learned that The Rock lifted a lot of his promos from Rocky. "When all the dust has settled, and when all the smoke has cleared and they are done chanting your name".

That Big Show and Bryan were supposed to be Punks goons before the Shield came to be

Punk proposed that the Shield was made up of Chris Hero, Seth and Dean. Apparently Triple H and Vince vetoed Hero because they were looking for a vehicle for Roman Reigns.

Undertaker is physically sick at the sight of cucumber.

I didn't say Punk, Bryan and Show were supposed to be the Shield. I said they were supposed to be a thing BEFORE the Shield came to be.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't say Punk, Bryan and Show were supposed to be the Shield. I said they were supposed to be a thing BEFORE the Shield came to be.

I know, but I was throwing in the fact that the original lineup of the Shield was supposed to be different. I didn't actually know about the idea that Punk, Bryan and Show were to team up initially.

They probably wanted a dominant 3 man group. 2 Indy stars, 1 powerhouse. That probably paved way to the Shield.

Yeah, although I believe Punk actually made the suggestion himself. According to him, he did and he's usually honest to a fault.

Also on a personal note, I learned that I was born on exactly the same day as Shinsuke Nakamura - February 24th 1980.

I also share a birthday with the WWE Network!!

That Big Show and Bryan were supposed to be Punks goons before the Shield came to be

Also isn't that just an indication of Big Show being one of WWE's "go to" plot devices? I wonder if there is / was a guideline along the lines of;

Book stories that push who we want to push - and always try and include something for Big Show. If you haven't written a story, then try and find ways to insert Big Show into other ideas.

TIL that in 1997 Shawn refused to lose and beat Bulldog, who had dedicated the match to his dying sister, for the European Title only to then 'hand' it to HHH who then 'lost' it to Owen except it was Goldust dressed as Triple H. Stay classy kilq.

Just to add to that, Shawn made Vince put his match on as the main event instead of the World Title Match. Also that's the only time Bulldog lost in the UK (in WWE at least).

I've just now learned through looking at Tough Enough contestents, that Taylor Matheny from the first season is married to Brian Kendrick & Jessie Ward from the second season is married to Tommaso Ciampa.

Maryse is married to a former Tough Enough contestant aswell

Today I learned that John Cena actually was in the indies. For close to two years, sort of. From 1999 until 2001, he was in Ultimate Pro Wrestling, which was heavily affiliated with the Japanese Pro Wrestling Zero1, but also with WWE and Cena had his first WWE-tryout (oh wait, WWF-tryout) within six months, because everybody loved him there and were dead convinced he had it in him to make it to the WWE.

Cena actually returned to his roots in 2003 for one more match in UPW, one that ended up as a losing effort via disqualification to none other than Frankie Kazarian.

He was there with Samoa Joe, if I'm not mistaken.

And with Brian Kendrick, Kazarian, Heidenreich and Nathan goddamn Jones. NATHAN GODDAMN JONES! Victoria showed up there about a year later.

Don't hate on Nathan Jones he's a bonafide movie star!

"I HAD A BABY BROTHER AND HE WAS PERFECT IN EVERY WAY!

*censored*ing Rictus Erectus. Man, Mad Max is dope let's turn this into the Mad Max discussion.

And with Brian Kendrick, Kazarian, Heidenreich and Nathan goddamn Jones. NATHAN GODDAMN JONES! Victoria showed up there about a year later.

*censored*ing Rictus Erectus. Man, Mad Max is dope let's turn this into the Mad Max discussion.

That was Nathan goddamn Jones? Man I rate Nathan Jones and I didn't recognise.

That was Nathan goddamn Jones? Man I rate Nathan Jones and I didn't recognise.

Hell yeah that was Nathan Jones

TIL Lesnar has had 18 singles matches vs Undertaker (including house shows) and only lost twice. Once by countout in a dark Smackdown match and the other in the Summerslam BS finish.

And TIL Nakamura wrestled Daniel Puder in 2010. How random.

Knocked him the *Censored* out too

Archived