Today I Learned...

ZEF

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was in the USWA before. Even won the tag titles there.

The USWA was acting as a developmental of sorts at the time. The only reason it isn't seen as such is because The Rock was the only rookie to come out of there. The WWE did send wrestlers there to refined gimmicks and to try out new characters. After USWA closed, the WWE continued their Lawler and Memphis developmental connection with Power Pro Wrestling. Guys like Angle, Albert and Shawn Stasiak were sent to PPW before coming to the WWE. After PPW lost their developmental deal due to Doug Gilbert's famous live shoot, the WWE turned to Memphis Championship Wrestling. Guys like Cade, Bryan, Kendrick, Victoria, 3 Minute Warning, and the Haas Brothers all had developmental deals with MCW.

Remember when Muhammad Hassan had a couple of guys in ski-masks and camo pants choke out The Undertaker with a piano wire? Do you also remember when UPN, the network that hosted Smackdown at the time and suffered media backlash because of that angle, subsequently banned Muhammad Hassan from Smackdown?

Do you also remember Muhammad Hassan sending an attorney to the ring in place of him in order to explain his absence from the show? That attorney ended up getting a chokeslam and a Tombstone Piledriver from The Undertaker.

Well, TIL that attorney was none other than a 20-year-old Tommaso Ciampa.

John Cena was in Ready to Rumble. Really feel like i shouldve known that years ago lol

Whoa Seriously?!? I gotta watch it again

He's just making an uncredited appearance in the background of the training gym once

John Cena was in Ready to Rumble. Really feel like i shouldve known that years ago lol

Whoa Seriously?!? I gotta watch it again

He's just making an uncredited appearance in the background of the training gym once

Goldberg scene?

I believe it's when the two stooges try to help Jimmy King find a tag-team partner. Not sure though. Been a while since I saw the movie

Til that Dean Ambrose and Renee Young got married in Vegas last sunday.

At the Little White Wedding Chapel where Triple H forced Stephanie to marry him in 1999. Judging by the photo I saw.

Til that Dean Ambrose and Renee Young got married in Vegas last sunday.

At the Little White Wedding Chapel where Triple H forced Stephanie to marry him in 1999. Judging by the photo I saw.

Or in another one of the identical chapels in Las Vegas.

TIL:

Connor's Cure was Justin Roberts' idea with Stephanie.

The "Warrior Award" was supposed to be for a member of WWE backstage staff who had given loyal service above what was reasonable - the seamstresses, catering, production etc. WWE apparently re-edited Warrior's speech.

Justin Roberts actually became (off screen) Divas Champion (won it off Eve in a card game)

TIL that Hulk Hogan's first WWE composed theme was the music used on his "Rock and Wrestling" cartoon. And that was later adapted into the backing of a Bonnie Tyler song (Ravishing).

Archived