The Death Penalty . . .

Undercard Jamoke

Do you support the death penalty?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the death penalty?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Society would see the death penalty or life in prison as too harsh for rape.

You have to look at it through the eyes of the person that was raped. If an intruder broke into your house tonight and raped you, what would you want to happen to that person? Would you be happy with a 10 year sentence where they only serve 5 years?

In what society do you life in? lol

And obviously...someone personally involved in such a situation can't possibly be objective enough to answer such a question.

I am not, for multiple reasons. Firstly, and most obviously, its far to easy to sentence an innocent man. Secondly, if someone has honestly done something so horrendous that they deserve death, I'd prefer to see them kept alive, made to suffer for what they've done, and perhaps put to use somehow for the bettering of humanity.

Ultimately, yes. Dylann Roof deserves to die, and so do those groups of men in the Delhi bus gangrape. But in very painful ways.

Otherwise, prison system needs a huge overhaul. AFAIK it's for reforming criminals rather than just punishing them.

I read that most prisons are private, and that's where the problem starts because of profits and all. I don't know much about this, but probably the first step is to get rid of privatized prisons. And as mentioned, letting inmates and guards beat the shit out of each other and mistreating the prisoners don't help, and it makes things even worse when they're released with little to no support. If anything, they should be allowed to work in jail for a living or something, so they have some sort of financial support when they get out.

Secondly, if someone has honestly done something so horrendous that they deserve death, I'd prefer to see them kept alive, made to suffer for what they've done, and perhaps put to use somehow for the bettering of humanity.

You say that, but people like Anders Behring Breivik (aka the Oslo Shooter) for example aren't ever going to regret what they done, nor is he going to change for the better.

Secondly, if someone has honestly done something so horrendous that they deserve death, I'd prefer to see them kept alive, made to suffer for what they've done, and perhaps put to use somehow for the bettering of humanity.

You say that, but people like Anders Behring Breivik (aka the Oslo Shooter) for example aren't ever going to regret what they done, nor is he going to change for the better.

That's not what I said. Who cares whether they regret it or not, people that go that far shouldn't have it ended quick and merciful like. They're scum, so let them live for the rest of their lives wallowing in it and put them to work while they're at it to get something out of them.

I'm with GMP on this one. I wouldn't want to wish death on anybody. You did dirt worthy of a punishment as severe as death, I hope you live to be 306 and feel a pain a day. Death Penalty is too easy, too quick, to unfitting an end for some of the dirtbags that exist on this rock.

As far as how to use them during the remainder of their miserable existence... doubt my ideas would be considered "humane"

I am not, for multiple reasons. Firstly, and most obviously, its far to easy to sentence an innocent man. Secondly, if someone has honestly done something so horrendous that they deserve death, I'd prefer to see them kept alive, made to suffer for what they've done, and perhaps put to use somehow for the bettering of humanity.

That's not the purpose of prison though.

I guess a lot of this comes down to if you think prison's purpose is as a punishment or as rehabilitation.

Purpose of prison should be both, to punish and to reform. At the very least, it should be there to reform criminals.

What if a chick accuses her ex of rape, they kill the guy but then when drunk she admits she lied. Kill her too? then we have two dead people

Did you really made that case?

Like they wouldn't investigate on the incidence,try to find proof of the rape..

They would just sentense the guy to death...ok....

What if a chick accuses her ex of rape, they kill the guy but then when drunk she admits she lied. Kill her too? then we have two dead people

what Muur discribed already happened several times...

(albeit without someone ending up dead)

They sentenced a guy without any evidence?

Yeah. Not that uncommon in rape cases

Ched Evans, who eventually got his rape case overturned

Shit.I guess I was wrong...

My bad man...

Or Jerry Lawler in late 94.

Do they do the death penalty for rape?

There'd be those feminists calling for it

Why are you pinning that on "feminists" lmao? I'm sure plenty of men would call for it too. Especially if it was a serial offence.

Why are you pinning that on "feminists" lmao? I'm sure plenty of men would call for it too. Especially if it was a serial offence.

Men can be feminists too in fairness

Men can be feminists too in fairness

But it's definitely not exclusive to feninists

Of course not, I was just giving an example

Archived