CAWs.ws Rebirth

ThreeG

Hey guys,

Just a little post to let you all know that I've been looking into doing a soft reboot of some features regarding the forum and figured I'd let you all know. Don't worry, we're not changing everything - just fixing/organizing/clearing some stuff to look neater. Below are the 'patch notes' of sorts (they'll be updated with 100% accurate list on Monday)

- All Warnings will be removed and will not be held against anyone when it comes to becoming a future moderator / nor will they count towards your new "3 warns and you're out" meter. It'll be a fresh start for any existing member of the forum*
(*this does not count for currently banned members)

- All old WWE games forums will be hidden better, and only the current (2k17) will be front and centre. Everything else will be sub-boarded so it isn't so cluttered.

- Wrestling Chat section(s) will undergo a serious reorganisation. Details are still being worked, but dead forums such as TNA will be altered slightly.

- General Chat section(s) will be a focus.
We realise WWE games aren't as popular as they were in 2003, and the general chat sections seem to be a key talking point for many members. We hope to expand and reorganize this section to be front and centre along with 2K17 sections. We'll also be removing the Sports sub-forum and making it a main forum as right now its lost in the shuffle. It'll also be the home of MMA talk going forward.

- GamingZone
As said previous, yearly WWE games aren't the talking point they once were, and many of our members want to talk about more than 1 game. So, more emphasis will be placed on GamingZone as a whole. By broadening this section we hope to bring more members in, who want to share their experiences and opinions on certain video games across all platforms.

- Retired sections
As I've already alluded to, some sections will be retired such as EWR and Role-playing games. These sections will simply be folded into Fun & Games, and will be the new home for any future posts of those criteria. And as already stated the sub-boards of MMA will be folded into the newly reorganized Sports section.

- New Moderators
And finally, since everyone's warns will be reverted back to day 1, we'll be picking up some new Mods to oversee sections of the forum. Regardless of your past here at CAWs.ws, we'll be looking to bring in a bunch of green mods that are active in their respective sections, or show interest in others.

As I said, this isn't a final "list of fixes" but rather a vague letter to let you all know what's coming in the following week+. Right now we're not looking for moderator applications, we'll look into finding those last, once everything else is sorted. But we would like to hear your opinion and perhaps feedback.
*please note a new skin is out of my hands and it has been requested yearly by several of us.

Cheers!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any suggestions you guys have, it's very welcomed.

Just NO ASKING TO BRING BANNED MEMBERS BACK. We're cleaning the slate with every warn ever being removed..

Also just to elaborate, we can't do anything about the skin on the forum. We've asked multiple times, and we keep getting a "SOON!" but soon never comes.

If I may suggest something, I'd love to see a creative writing area for things like reviews of things like movies, wrestling PPVs and video games, as well as fanfictions for those interested in that sort of thing. I personally would love a section where I put my reviews of classic PPVs and video games, as well as a "how I would have booked" thread for failed wrestling storylines. Yes in terms of fanfictions you may have the issue of people writing graphic sex scenes, but put a rule in place against it, kinda like what you had in the RPG section. Anyway, that's my thoughts on that, otherwise, I am looking forward to the changes. Definitely interested to see who the new mods will be.

If I may suggest something, I'd love to see a creative writing area for things like reviews of things like movies, wrestling PPVs and video games, as well as fanfictions for those interested in that sort of thing. I personally would love a section where I put my reviews of classic PPVs and video games, as well as a "how I would have booked" thread for failed wrestling storylines. Yes in terms of fanfictions you may have the issue of people writing graphic sex scenes, but put a rule in place against it, kinda like what you had in the RPG section. Anyway, that's my thoughts on that, otherwise, I am looking forward to the changes. Definitely interested to see who the new mods will be.

This is a really good idea. I like that!

It's been long overdue tbh, good stuff G :D

Poor RP section though :(

I'm glad sports is becoming it's own thing! I feel like it should've been for years.

As for the creative section, I've thought that for years - people can post whatever, drawings they've done, poems, whatever people are into. GFX could also go in there too

Darker skin pls

Readdddddd

Reading is for nerds and squares

just noticed RVF isn't a mod any more. After how long he was a G mod, I find it kinda harsh he isn't listed as a VIP tbh

VIP is a special thing that ThreeG gives, not every former mod gets it.

Also, anymore suggestions to make the forum better? Any additions you guys like to see? Anything you hate? Rule changes? Anything?

Also, anymore suggestions to make the forum better? Any additions you guys like to see? Anything you hate? Rule changes? Anything?

If I am being honest I feel the spoiler rule could do with being changed. 5 days feels so odd, I could understand one day, or even a week, but 5 just feels so random and weird.

If I am being honest I feel the spoiler rule could do with being changed. 5 days feels so odd, I could understand one day, or even a week, but 5 just feels so random and weird.

We had it at 5 before because SD didn't air in certain parts of the world for 5 days. We're still discussing the spoiler rule. It's really hard because the spoiler rule is 50/50 with people it seems.

The only thing I really care about is the skin, tbh. Ages ago, one issue was that mods were quite strict/uptight, but that's not so anymore. Though, why not make the Wrestling section the main focus instead of General Chat? I think Wrestling sees more activity than General, no?

Are you moving old WWE games sections to Gaming Zone? Wouldn't be a bad idea, tbh. Can you also allow custom rearranging of sections? Like for example, I'd rather see Wrestling Section first and then General Chat, whereas you might prefer Staff Section and then Wrestling.

We had it at 5 before because SD didn't air in certain parts of the world for 5 days. We're still discussing the spoiler rule. It's really hard because the spoiler rule is 50/50 with people it seems.
Understandable. I've seen it first hand how people react differently to different things.

The only thing I really care about is the skin, tbh. Ages ago, one issue was that mods were quite strict/uptight, but that's not so anymore. Though, why not make the Wrestling section the main focus instead of General Chat? I think Wrestling sees more activity than General, no?

Are you moving old WWE games sections to Gaming Zone? Wouldn't be a bad idea, tbh. Can you also allow custom rearranging of sections? Like for example, I'd rather see Wrestling Section first and then General Chat, whereas you might prefer Staff Section and then Wrestling.

We can't do anything to the skin or add special features. The chance of Tom Rice doing anything is about a big as John Cena turning heel.

We can't do anything to the skin or add special features. The chance of Tom Rice doing anything is about a big as John Cena turning heel.

I know that. I still remember us groaning when we got new skins that were light/bright... twice. Most of us wanted a dark one. At the very least, we should have had an option to change skin color.... or did we have that?

Oh, I thought an admin could do that with the section setting. Not sure if it's possible for members to personalize section orders though.

Archived