Official 2017 WWE HOF Discussion Thread

Oldsie

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ehhh I wouldn't argue with Khali being in tbh. Best wrestler ever? Not even close, but the man was an unbelievable draw to an entire sub-continent and likely did so much to improve indian relations with WWE via press events, charities and star power.

Quality wise, he never did anything of at least decent quality. He deserves to be in an Indian wrestling hall of fame. But not a WWE one

Keyfabe wise he did more than enough to get in the WWE Hall of Fame. Brought a lot of money to the WWE as well. He's getting in.

Kayfabe wise all he did was get one world title reign, the kiss cam, getting "owned" by Jinder Mahal (and break free?)

Oh, almost forgot about him debuting in a feud the Undertaker and winning a match against him.

But I'll concede on grounds on him being a mega draw in India. He sure isn't headlining any class and there are worse people already in the HOF

I wouldn't put Khali in, the guy was a failed experiment and reduced to an utter joke in due time. No one will ever remember him fondly in the next few years either. Plus he was really shit.

Really, really shit.

You understand that its not just on screen appearances that mean a HOF induction? You absolutely cannot deny what he did for the company in regards to an entire sub-continent. The man has done more for the company as a whole than 90% of the roster in that regard.

To say he cannot be in the HOF just because he's a bad wrestler is moronic. This isn't UFC, we're not just talking about wins, losses and showings here.

That being said Christian doesn't deserve it.

Nah. He doesn't.

Care to tell us why?

Not really.

It's the WWE Hall of Fame. They'll put anyone in just to fill names as long as that person was relevant for even a second eventually.

20-30 years from now, they're going to put James Ellsworth in and have him inducted by an almost 70-year-old AJ Styles fresh off his latest 5-star match with Sheamus Flair Jr.

As for Khali, his debut did went viral for people who dropped WWE after the Attitude Era-boom, bigger than Taker, made him look like an infant, that was big.

Saying Rikishi doesn't belong also means guys like Goldust, Rick Rude, and British Bulldog. I hate that mid-card guys don't get their respect. Anybody who has been relevant in the business for a long period of time deserves it. We see so many superstars come and go but the ones that stick around for 10-20 years def have some place in an imaginary HOF to be celebrated at least 1 more time

Who are these "worse people" anyway?

Rikishi and Abdullah the Butcher to name two

How exactly is Rikishi undeserving? Someone who was one of the most popular talents of the Attitude era not to mention factor in all of the work he was doing in his earlier days of professional wrestling with the likes of the Von Erich brothers and other big name talents.Just because he was some big guy in a thong doesnt mean he never made an impact in the business and that's why he's in the Hall of Fame.

Abdullah the Butcher i can sort of agree with from what I've heard about him as a person but I can't really comment on it as his entire career was before my time.

I wouldn't put Khali in, the guy was a failed experiment and reduced to an utter joke in due time. No one will ever remember him fondly in the next few years either. Plus he was really shit.

Really, really shit.

You understand that its not just on screen appearances that mean a HOF induction? You absolutely cannot deny what he did for the company in regards to an entire sub-continent. The man has done more for the company as a whole than 90% of the roster in that regard.

To say he cannot be in the HOF just because he's a bad wrestler is moronic. This isn't UFC, we're not just talking about wins, losses and showings here.

Nah. He doesn't.

Care to tell us why?

Not really.

Think anyone in his position could have worked though. They could have hired literally any Indian wrestler and it would have done enough to cater to the market in the country. Khali was just a draw because... he was Indian and the only one from the country on their roster. He never performed on a remotely respectable level and his mere presence brought in viewership from India because he was literally the only one from there in the company. I know WWE's Hall of Fame is far from the most credible and I keep forgetting they've probably inducted some far worse names that don't belong there at all, but I'm speaking in a general sense as to whether he should be a Hall of Famer down the line. Will people fondly remember any match of his? Will people remember any promo? Any contribution he made as part of the product? No, he'll just be remembered as a giant Indian who did *Censored* all. He served as an attraction for the Indian market, but that was simply because of his nationality, not merit.

Really, really shit.

Nah. He doesn't.

Care to tell us why?
Not really.

Think anyone in his position could have worked though. They could have hired literally any Indian wrestler and it would have done enough to cater to the market in the country. Khali was just a draw because... he was Indian and the only one from the country on their roster. He never performed on a remotely respectable level and his mere presence brought in viewership from India because he was literally the only one from there in the company. I know WWE's Hall of Fame is far from the most credible and I keep forgetting they've probably inducted some far worse names that don't belong there at all, but I'm speaking in a general sense as to whether he should be a Hall of Famer down the line. Will people fondly remember any match of his? Will people remember any promo? Any contribution he made as part of the product? No, he'll just be remembered as a giant Indian who did *Censored* all. He served as an attraction for the Indian market, but that was simply because of his nationality, not merit.

Actually no, Khali was a movie/TV star in India before. Also you think any random person could help relations with company to country? Do you think you could do it if plopped into that position? Gtfo here if you think that. He obviously did something right and he did those things well.

Archived