Who could use a new finisher?

Counting Lights

Fun little topic, wondering if there are any wrestlers you guys think could go for a new finisher?

A few that have bothered me:

Jack Gallagher - Love him, but a corner dropkick is a weak finisher. His achilles lock would be a lot better suited.

Heath Slater - Since he's actually getting pushed, time to ditch the Impaler DDT for something better. He's had tons of finishers over the years he could go back to, like a Snapmare Driver, or just grab something new.

Bobby Roode - I think we can all agree the Glorious DDT is pretty lackluster for Bobby. Ideally, bring back the Roode Bomb, if not...find something a little more interesting.

Seth Rollins - I know he's ditching the Pedigree as soon as his match with Trips happens, but he just looks weird doing it...

Authors of Pain - They have so many good looking tag combo's, the Russian Legsweep/Clothesline just looks weak in comparison. I'd be down for their Double Powerbomb Crash to be their finish.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd imagine AOP will stop using the Double Powerbomb spot after hurting that enhancement talent the other week.

But yeah, Bobby Roode is on top of my list of who I think needs a new finisher. I personally liked when he did the Perfect Plex.

Not new, but I think Apollo Crews should go back to his Gorilla Press/Moonsault combo.

I agree with all of those.

I think Jack would suit the Gentleman's Clutch, it's not like Gotch is using it. The corner dropkick would set it up perfectly too.

I'd like Bobby Roode to start using the Pay Off (the rolling cutter version) again.

The Authors of Pain would suit something like the move at 0:54

I'd also like to see:
Apollo Crews use a standing C4.
I'm not sure what I'd like him to use but Andrade "Cien" Almas needs a new finisher. The Destino he did on NXT was cool so maybe that.

Braun's needs to be more intimidating, he beats someone up then wins with a shit fake looking move (that reverse chokeslam). He may have already replaced it idk but I skip his squashes cuz they've done them 845745 lready

Braun's needs to be more intimidating, he beats someone up then wins with a shit fake looking move (that reverse chokeslam). He may have already replaced it idk but I skip his squashes cuz they've done them 845745 lready

You clearly haven't watched for 2 months or so

Also, I'm not completely sold on Neville's new finisher being a Superplex, but I do think he needs a new finisher for his heel run.

I didn't even think of Neville, but you're right. It'd be cool to see him adapt Kenny Omega's Electric Chair German, since he probably won't be doing the Deadlift much once Tozawa debuts.

Seth Rollins - I know he's ditching the Pedigree as soon as his match with Trips happens, but he just looks weird doing it...

Is it because he always grabs a handful of ass when he does it? Keep an eye out for it. Every single time.

If they want Alexa to have an impact finisher to use instead of the Twisted Bliss it can't be a regular DDT, da *Censored* is that?

He's been using a Running Powerslam lately. Though the other week, he used this pretty cool Wheelbarrow Flapjack to finish off Curtis Axel. I hope he keeps using that.

Bayley should use the Hug Plex - and not the Bayley to Belly.

Isn't that just the old name of the Bayley to Belly?

Bayley should use the Hug Plex - and not the Bayley to Belly.

Isn't that just the old name of the Bayley to Belly?

Oh sorry, I thought it was a variation of the Perfect Plex, I'm sure I saw her do a Fisherman's Suplex which they called the "Hug Plex".

Fun little topic, wondering if there are any wrestlers you guys think could go for a new finisher?

A few that have bothered me:

Jack Gallagher - Love him, but a corner dropkick is a weak finisher. His achilles lock would be a lot better suited.

Heath Slater - Since he's actually getting pushed, time to ditch the Impaler DDT for something better. He's had tons of finishers over the years he could go back to, like a Snapmare Driver, or just grab something new.

Bobby Roode - I think we can all agree the Glorious DDT is pretty lackluster for Bobby. Ideally, bring back the Roode Bomb, if not...find something a little more interesting.

Authors of Pain - They have so many good looking tag combo's, the Russian Legsweep/Clothesline just looks weak in comparison. I'd be down for their Double Powerbomb Crash to be their finish.

A falling Tigerbomb would be great for Roode, I believe.

For Braunn, his two hand Chokeslam flapjack (this isn't the reverse Chokeslam) would look good as a finisher.

• Neville should use the Reverse Frankensteiner
  • Jack Gallagher, idk, but ditch the Dropkick
  • Alexa Bliss. Maybe she should use the Insault to Injury. She could use a submission finisher, possibly a Tilt-A-Whirl Sleeper Hold to go along with the Twisted Bliss.
  • Bobby Roode should go back to the Roode Bomb or Pay-Off.
  • Dolph Ziggler should go back to the Zig Zag, even though his superkick is nice.
  • Austin Aries should use the Brainbuster as his main finisher, but I have no problems with the Last Chancery.
  • Not a new finisher, but Peyton Royce should use the Rings of Saturn and call it the Venus Fly Trap.

Archived