Carrie Fisher has passed away

Aqfitz

“Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is.”

-Yoda

When I woke up today and was told about her passing that was the first thing to pop into my head. It truly sucks, feels like a part of all of us left today.

Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is.

-Yoda

That quote and this one

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened".?Obi-Wan Kenobi

Are mostly what I see on social media

Carrie's mother, Debbie Reynolds was just rushed to hospital with a possible stroke :o

Oh FFS! If she goes too...

Just a total shock. Admiral Ackbar, R2-D2, now Princess Leia. Nothing will get worse than this year for celebrity passings but Carrie hit a cord with so many fans. She'll be so sorely missed by both fans, and her co-stars for sure.

• 5 months later...

I mean.... did we need to know? I feel like that sort of thing doesn't even need to be made public.

Need to? No...

But it does help press the importance of drug awareness. That's generally the upside to it.

Just as, no one needed to know that Robin Williams committed suicide because he struggled with depression...but a lot of good came from that information being released...because it sparked a major push for depression awareness and all that, and manifested itself in quite a nice way to remember his legacy.

I mean.... did we need to know? I feel like that sort of thing doesn't even need to be made public.

Need to? No...

But it does help press the importance of drug awareness. That's generally the upside to it.

I guess so, never really thought of it like that.

Archived