Lucha Libre Discussion Thread

AlterNation

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang. I don't see why not, Ivelisse hasn't been a major player on LU in so long. Last thing I could remember her doing was teaming with Joey Ryan and XOlicious? Before that, she was always injured. Damn shame how LU can be sometimes when it comes to contracts.

Link doesn't work anymore but I imagine she didn't get picked up for the next season? I hated how they slowly shifted focus from most of the first seasons roster and then focused more on the new cast. Only guys that were constantly featured were Penta, Muertes, and Puma. Everyone else like Fenix, Drago, Angelico, and Aerostar for example never saw the glory they experienced in the first season. Without them LU wouldn't have been what it was.

Link doesn't work anymore but I imagine she didn't get picked up for the next season? I hated how they slowly shifted focus from most of the first seasons roster and then focused more on the new cast. Only guys that were constantly featured were Penta, Muertes, and Puma. Everyone else like Fenix, Drago, Angelico, and Aerostar for example never saw the glory they experienced in the first season. Without them LU wouldn't have been what it was.

She said she's been trying to leave for awhile now, but they won't let her. Promised her she'll be done after season 4 but they backtracked.

Joey Ryan tweeted something saying they were granting whoever wanted a release one at the end of the season and whoever stayed behind is being kept hostage. Like being punished for being loyal. Smh.

Surely keeping people hostage like that is illegal? I think that is sufficient grounds for a lawsuit. Just because someone is contracted for two seasons or whatever doesn't mean you can take like ten years to make those two seasons. Personally, if there is no proof LU are going for another season, then that should be an automatic grant of a release for anyone that wants it.

Is Lucha Underground still going on or has the current season already ended? Any news on if the current season coming to Netflix and updates for next season?

It was removed from Netflix.

An update:

Cuernos attorney told LuchaCentral.com that theres another lawsuit his office filed as a class action to invalidate certain portions of their contracts that we believe are illegal. The website claims Ivelisse, Joey Ryan and Kobra Moon (aka Thunder Rosa) are three of the wrestlers included in the class action lawsuit.

This is now effecting the Lucha Bros from signing with AEW.

Archived