Lucha Libre Discussion Thread

AlterNation

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, he is gone.

– Pentagon Jr. posted the following on Facebook, announcing that he has left AAA and is a free agent…

Hello to everyone because as you know today, I belong to the company aaa and I become a fully independent wrestler. And to clarify my new name is Penta 0 M!!!! and on the faction of dogs of evil we’re just awaiting the Acceptance of the person in charge of the mark if he wants to continue to belong to this faction or stays in aaa that I confirm After these days I’ll do a live to clear all your doubts while I know I count on your support at this stage of my career thanks!! Remember Penta 0 M

I wouldn't be opposed to a new Pentagon, that is someone else taking the role. Of course he couldn't pass off as old Pentagon but maybe Vampiro recruits someone else to be the new Pentagon. If they can get someone with great skills in ring and can speak English and handle the mic then it would work. I know the tattoos were a big part of his look but it's worth a try. Not sure who they could get to fill in the role though?

Never even heard of 'The Crash'.

Am I being super out of touch, or is this one of those situations where things are happening really fast?

Fried or maskedmaniac could probably give you some more info, but it's a Mexican indy fed. Looking at who they've used, I'm thinking they'd probably be the ROH of Mexico, following the logic that AAA and CMLL are the WWE and TNA of Mexico.

I wouldn't be opposed to a new Pentagon, that is someone else taking the role. Of course he couldn't pass off as old Pentagon but maybe Vampiro recruits someone else to be the new Pentagon. If they can get someone with great skills in ring and can speak English and handle the mic then it would work. I know the tattoos were a big part of his look but it's worth a try. Not sure who they could get to fill in the role though?

I feel like they'll never be able to replace Pentagon Jr. I mean, yeah they can put someone else under the mask, but I don't think he'll be able to live up to what the old Pentagon Jr did, and will probably be resented because he was given the role, as we saw with the new Mistico.

As for his new name, it kind of sucks but I hope he isn't forced to change his look too much.

Also, he said in his statement, in reference to PdM, that they're awaiting the acceptance of the person in charge. Could that mean more departures? Who's "in charge" of PdM these days?

Am I being super out of touch, or is this one of those situations where things are happening really fast?

Currently it's an Mexican Indie promotion where Konnan is heavily involved in. The are looking to expand this year with them doing around 30 shows and are looking to get a Mexican TV deal.

Also, he said in his statement, in reference to PdM, that they're awaiting the acceptance of the person in charge. Could that mean more departures? Who's "in charge" of PdM these days?

As far as i know it's either El Hijo del Perro Aguayo's family or/and his former manager Khan Del Mal. He is the masked dude that you probably have seen in PdM photos over the years or on AAA tv at times.

Yeah I'm not too familiar with Crash other that they seem to use AAA talent here and there and they have some pretty cool looking belts. They are like Lucha Azteca was to CMLL.

As for a new Pentagon, I don't mean just a new guy stepping in to fill for the old Pentagon, but a whole new Pentagon, like they are from the same ninja clan . Similar outfit, similar face paint, but both slightly altered and a different name. By the way, not sure where the loyalty is as far as AAA goes? CMLL guys like Atlantis, Volador Jr. and Blue Panther for example seem to stay with the company for years without jumping ship, but AAA guys seem to get pissed off suddenly and bolt. Not good.

Currently it's an Mexican Indie promotion where Konnan is heavily involved in. The are looking to expand this year with them doing around 30 shows and are looking to get a Mexican TV deal.

As far as i know it's either El Hijo del Perro Aguayo's family or/and his former manager Khan Del Mal. He is the masked dude that you probably have seen in PdM photos over the years or on AAA tv at times.

He said "if he wants to continue to belong to this faction or stays in AAA" though. Thought that may have meant an active wrestler on the roster. I thought maybe he was talking about Hijo De Fantasma or Damien 666, but I'm not sure if either are currently affiliated, and I'm not sure if Damien is really a top-tier guy at AAA (If he's still there)

On the topic of Hijo De Fantasma, he's been announced for the next AAA show. Great news for anyone in the Chicago area.

I think maybe somethig got lost in translation with the PdM thing. I thought PdM in AAA was Daga, Pentagon and Joe Lider. If Lider doesn't jump with them I dont think they'd want to be called PdM.

Video

Funny I thought it was supposed to start Hardy's vs Mexicools.

Pentagons doing to do fine. AAA never saw him as one of their top guys and it seems everywhere else he's gone he's been held in much higher regard.

Will be interesting to see what happens to LU. I think it's future is in question now. I hope it isn't.

Also interesting to see what WWE do in regards to that survey they were doing last week in regards to Mexican promotions and if people want to see it on the network.

Man, why do luchadors have like the worst name changes ever lmao. I know AAA own Cero Miedo but I feel like Pentagon Jr. would've been better off wrestling as like 0-Miedo or Rey Pentagon (since he's gonna be teaming with his brother now) or some shit lol.

I think maybe somethig got lost in translation with the PdM thing. I thought PdM in AAA was Daga, Pentagon and Joe Lider. If Lider doesn't jump with them I dont think they'd want to be called PdM.

Video

Funny I thought it was supposed to start Hardy's vs Mexicools.

Pentagons doing to do fine. AAA never saw him as one of their top guys and it seems everywhere else he's gone he's been held in much higher regard.

Will be interesting to see what happens to LU. I think it's future is in question now. I hope it isn't.

Also interesting to see what WWE do in regards to that survey they were doing last week in regards to Mexican promotions and if people want to see it on the network.

If The Crash would be able to get on the Network that would really be quite something.

This comment on an article on Cubsfan about the situation puts it perfectly.

The Mexican guys who made it in LU and now get booked regularly in the US are making the best money they’ve ever made in their lives so I’m happy for them. LU shouldn’t get any blame here.

AAA knew LU would lead to exposure and there was a right way to do business and a wrong way to do business. They could have worked with the wrestlers, helped them get bookings, split the pay equally so both sides benefit & spread the AAA word so they’d be known as AAA/LU superstars instead of LU superstars. Instead AAA chose to make it hard for promoters to book the talent, took a huge cut of the payoffs without telling the wrestlers & made the wrestlers need to secretly sell merchandise so the office wouldn’t find out they were making extra $ and refuse to give out their paycheques.

There is an ABUNDANCE of talent in Mexico that could step in and be turned into the next crop of young talent. It’s a never ending cycle in Mexico. The problem is two things:

1) AAA has nobody in the office who scouts talent. If someone new joins AAA it’s because they have a personal relationship with the Roldans or someone else working in that office.

2) AAA doesn’t want to pay for new talent. It’s pretty common knowledge down in Mexico that Dave The Clown was one of these guys who would work for free. He’d show up at shows asking to be booked for no money. Or he’d drive other wrestlers (including some AAA guys… hint hint) to shows and just hang out hoping to get a gig.

If you aren’t looking to spend money and have zero care about the quality of your own product you will end up with guys like Dave The Clown as your top acts because quite frankly nobody else wants him.

Wrestlezone reports that on the same weekend that Pentagon Jr. left AAA, he made a surprise appearance for Konnan’s The Crash promotion with Daga and Garza Jr. This happened on Saturday afternoon, a day before losing to Johnny Mundo at the AAA Guerra de Titanes event in Mexico City.

Konnan has been discussing expanding this year and trying to find a TV deal in Mexico. Pentagon, Garza and Daga all wore Los Perros del Mal gear. The stable is one of the most popular in the country and a large source of income. AAA does not own the trademark to it. This isn’t the first time AAA took a blow in the past year, as there have been questions about their financial stability. Stars who left the promotion, like Konnan, Sexy Star, Jack Evans and Fenix, have all had negative things to say about their time there.

Pentagon Jr and Fenix, who are brothers, will call themselves the Lucha Brothers. They have been taking more dates in the US, using their popularity in Lucha Underground. They are regular workers with Chicago’s AAW promotion and worked PWG’s Battle of Los Angeles weekend in September.

His status with Lucha Underground is still unknown. Other wrestlers have left AAA and still work with LU, including the names mentioned above. However, arguably none of them were as popular as Pentagon is now. There is said to be frustration with talent in LU as there won’t be any new episodes airing until the summer. Those episodes were already taped, so there won’t be anymore tapings until late this year. That means no one is making any money there for most of the year.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/more-details-on-pentagon-jrs-future-after-leaving-aaa/

Over the weekend, Matt and Jeff Hardy won the CRASH Tag Team Championships, which are the first titles outside of TNA the brothers have won in their ongoing Expedition of Gold match series. TNAs Jeremy Borash was filming from ringside and footage of the bout is expected to air on TNA TV.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/796989-wwe-working-on-seth-rollins-dvd-set-the-hardys-win-tag-team-titles-in-mexico-watch-brock-lesnars-royal-rumble-debut-video

Wrestlezone reports that on the same weekend that Pentagon Jr. left AAA, he made a surprise appearance for Konnan’s The Crash promotion with Daga and Garza Jr. This happened on Saturday afternoon, a day before losing to Johnny Mundo at the AAA Guerra de Titanes event in Mexico City.

Konnan has been discussing expanding this year and trying to find a TV deal in Mexico. Pentagon, Garza and Daga all wore Los Perros del Mal gear. The stable is one of the most popular in the country and a large source of income. AAA does not own the trademark to it. This isn’t the first time AAA took a blow in the past year, as there have been questions about their financial stability. Stars who left the promotion, like Konnan, Sexy Star, Jack Evans and Fenix, have all had negative things to say about their time there.

Pentagon Jr and Fenix, who are brothers, will call themselves the Lucha Brothers. They have been taking more dates in the US, using their popularity in Lucha Underground. They are regular workers with Chicago’s AAW promotion and worked PWG’s Battle of Los Angeles weekend in September.

His status with Lucha Underground is still unknown. Other wrestlers have left AAA and still work with LU, including the names mentioned above. However, arguably none of them were as popular as Pentagon is now. There is said to be frustration with talent in LU as there won’t be any new episodes airing until the summer. Those episodes were already taped, so there won’t be anymore tapings until late this year. That means no one is making any money there for most of the year.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/more-details-on-pentagon-jrs-future-after-leaving-aaa/

Have people who left AAA really continued to work for LU though? I don't recall specific timelines but didn't Sexy Star leave after Season 3 wrapped up filming? I know Fenix and Evans did.

If the story about Dorian Roldan taking a general manager role of LU including talent relations role with is true I think it would be hard for ex-AAA guys to appear on LU. They're lucky they've still got half a season already taped.

AAA file trademark for Pentagon 0m

http://www.mediotiempo.com/lucha-libre/2017/01/23/aaa-registro-con-todo-derecho-su-nombre-penta-0m

Wagner is supposed to be signing the contract for the mask/mask match with Psycho Clown. Wagner stuck at the airport. Wagner backing out would be the icing on the cake for AAA.

Archived