Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:18 PM

AAA is the out of control while CMLL is the way to go

#662 Astro Zombie

Astro Zombie

Legend

• Members
  • 8,177 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 05:23 PM

So if there is no season four and the talent are let go from their contracts, I am interested in seeing where the talent ends up.  Ricochet will probably began appearing in ROH due to the relationship between ROH and New Japan.

Speaking of New Japan, I'd love to see Jeff Cobb over there as I think he could be a huge hit over there should there be no season 4.

Theoretically, Cobb could go to NJPW tomorrow. LU contracts don't stop the talent from going there. I think it's more of a matter of scheduling, and if NJPW wants him or not. You bring up a good point though. Between WWE, GFW, NJPW and ROH I think a lot of the roster could end up on TV somewhere else. I say could because I think AAA pays for, or helps pay for the flights from Mexico, and helps with work Visa's and such. Without AAA, booking talent could become harder for indie feds and ROH.

As talented as he is, I don't really see a bright future in WWE for Ricochet. I see him being on NXT for a long, long time and while that isn't a terrible thing I think for him it will be disappointing. He is probably looking to be somewhere on the upper card battling the likes of AJ Styles and Kevin Owens for the world title but will probably go no higher than Neville is on the cruiser-weight division.

I agree tbh. I dunno, Ricochet to me seems like a big fish in a small pond. I'm not taking anything away from him as he's a great worker, but what does he have to offer that nobody else on the WWE roster doesn't? WWE already has more cruiserweights than they know what to do with, and I can't see Ricochet being the one guy out of the group who goes on to wrestle in the heavyweight division. I see him being NXT successful, but not WWE successful.

#663 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

Undefeated at Wrestlemania: 0-0

• Members
  • 18,854 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:06 PM

AAA is the out of control while CMLL is the way to go

Man if Lucha Underground somehow switched from using AAA talent to using guys from the CMLL roster I think it would be so much cooler. Seeing guys like Dragon Lee, Rush, Caristico, Volador Jr, Hechicero, Ultimo Guerrero, and Atlantis in the temple would be amazing!

#664 Kombatant

Kombatant

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:40 PM

I'd mark hard for all of those in Lucha Underground. Especially Dragon Lee, Caristico and Ultimo Guerrero. If that was the case then, even the new mistico could have a chance to be in

#665 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

• Members
  • 18,854 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:57 PM

Would be awesome. I think Caristico would get a new mask and name though.

#666 King Tha Row

King Tha Row

Opener

• Members
  • 465 posts
  • SEN (PS3): ThaRowBlack

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:59 PM

I think as long as Ricochet has a manager in WWE. He'll be fine.

#667 Kombatant

Kombatant

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:29 PM

Would be awesome. I think Caristico would get a new mask and name though.

I miss the Mystezis name but of course, AAA owns that too.

#668 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

• Members
  • 18,854 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:20 PM

I've been saying for a while now, Caristico should be given the Mistico name again. Not outright of course. The fans always chant Mistico when he is in the ring and boo the current Mistico. I think for the anniversary show the main event should be Mistico vs Caristico for the Mistico name. These two would have a great match and the crowd would be HOT the whole time through. In the end Caristico would win and get his old name back, and the crowd would be happy to finally have "the real" Mistico back.

Current Mistico would just get a whole new gimmick altogether, perhaps a heel persona since the fans like to boo him.

This would be a great feud and would spare anyone from losing their mask for at least this year.

#669 Astro Zombie

Astro Zombie

Legend

• Members
  • 8,177 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:28 PM

I've been saying for a while now, Caristico should be given the Mistico name again. Not outright of course. The fans always chant Mistico when he is in the ring and boo the current Mistico. I think for the anniversary show the main event should be Mistico vs Caristico for the Mistico name. These two would have a great match and the crowd would be HOT the whole time through. In the end Caristico would win and get his old name back, and the crowd would be happy to finally have "the real" Mistico back.

Current Mistico would just get a whole new gimmick altogether, perhaps a heel persona since the fans like to boo him.

This would be a great feud and would spare anyone from losing their mask for at least this year.

I agree, because Mistico II pretty much flopped. Personally I would have had that feud as soon as Mistico I returned. I like your idea, but personally I'd have the match for the Mistico mask/character. (What I'm trying to explain is a mask match where the winner gets the mask and the other unmasks). Have Mistico I go over and get his old gimmick/name back, and have Mistico II unmask and maybe join Rush in Los Ingobernables?

#670 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

• Members
  • 18,854 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:47 PM

I agree, because Mistico II pretty much flopped. Personally I would have had that feud as soon as Mistico I returned. I like your idea, but personally I'd have the match for the Mistico mask/character. (What I'm trying to explain is a mask match where the winner gets the mask and the other unmasks). Have Mistico I go over and get his old gimmick/name back, and have Mistico II unmask and maybe join Rush in Los Ingobernables?

That would work too I guess. I just hate seeing young guys with potential lose their masks so soon in their careers, like Sombra or Volador Jr. But since Mistico 2 is hated no one would mind if he lost his mask lol. I do agree on him joining Los Ingobernables. That stable needs a new young heel member badly right now and he would be a great fit, not to mention he is family.

#671 Kombatant

Kombatant

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:51 PM

I thought it was pretty cool to see Caristico and Mistico team up on Tuesday's CMLL show. Still not much of a reaction for New Mistico though

#672 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

• Members
  • 18,854 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 12:11 AM

They've been teaming up for about half a year now. First as a trio with I think Valiente or Dragon Lee and then just the two.

I think one main reason why fans don't like Mistico 2 is because he looks so skinny. He looks like a twerp even in the lucha libre world he is too small, original Mistico was at least muscular. If he would bulk up like his brother Dragon Lee fans might take to him more.

#673 Astro Zombie

Astro Zombie

Legend

• Members
  • 8,177 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 12:16 AM

That would work too I guess. I just hate seeing young guys with potential lose their masks so soon in their careers, like Sombra or Volador Jr. But since Mistico 2 is hated no one would mind if he lost his mask lol. I do agree on him joining Los Ingobernables. That stable needs a new young heel member badly right now and he would be a great fit, not to mention he is family.

I get what you mean but I feel like he feel like he could recover from it. Rush is a pretty big deal, and his brother, so a new heel character and being attached to a big star could elevate him.

Just curious, but are there any rules in regards to wearing another mask after you've lost yours in Mexico? Like, theoretically say this match happened and Mistico II lost and did a brash young heel character for a few years. Could he develop a new masked character that's not Dragon Lee or Mistico?

#674 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

• Members
  • 18,854 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 12:22 AM

I get what you mean but I feel like he feel like he could recover from it. Rush is a pretty big deal, and his brother, so a new heel character and being attached to a big star could elevate him.

Just curious, but are there any rules in regards to wearing another mask after you've lost yours in Mexico? Like, theoretically say this match happened and Mistico II lost and did a brash young heel character for a few years. Could he develop a new masked character that's not Dragon Lee or Mistico?

I'm not sure what the rules are if there are any at all. I know for sure the original Volador lost his mask and then became Super Parka. The current Pierroth used to wrestle without a mask as El Toro Blanco and then started wearing the Pierroth mask. I think the rule is that you can't wear your old mask after you lose it, but you are probably allowed to wear a new one maybe after a few years.

#675 Fried

Fried

Ingobernable

• Members
  • 6,841 posts
  • Gamertag: Friedful

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:43 AM

from luchablog from the AAA house show.

"After a lot of trash talking, a thrown microphone and a teased fight, Johnny Mundo has given the titles back to AAA and walked out."

"Even with how they acted, that Mundo showed up to an in-ring bit (in his gear!) shows they're doing business at this point."

"Mundo's exact line was "You take those (the titles), you clean them, you pay me, and (then) I'll see you in Aguascalientes." (next taping)

"that phrasing makes it sound like Johnny still might be the champion but AAA doesn't trust him with the belts."

#676 Kombatant

Kombatant

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:25 PM

Damn

#677 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

• Members
  • 18,854 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:10 PM

Sadly I think they'll just keep the belts and not pay him, marking the end for him there.

Edited by maskedmaniac, 22 July 2017 - 05:10 PM.

#678 Ziggy*

Ziggy*

“Tomorrow ain't promised to no man”

• Members
  • 44,301 posts
  • SEN (PS3): RockstarZigs
  • Twitter: Ask

Posted Today, 04:10 PM

LJ5Fy0l.jpg

swC4be9.jpg

#679 Willows Way

Willows Way