Lucha Libre Discussion Thread

AlterNation

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pre-show starting at 7pm (with the La Llave matches) and the real show at 8pm CT.

Hopefully it's easier to work out from CT time than it was for me. Thought it was this morning my time until I remembered that they're planning to air the mask match after the McGregor/Mayweather fight.

It probably means nothing but spoiler for the mask match

small Indy promotion has a post-triplemania show with Wagner sin mascara. I hope it's not true.

pre-show starting at 7pm (with the La Llave matches) and the real show at 8pm CT.

Hopefully it's easier to work out from CT time than it was for me. Thought it was this morning my time until I remembered that they're planning to air the mask match after the McGregor/Mayweather fight.

It probably means nothing but spoiler for the mask match

small Indy promotion has a post-triplemania show with Wagner sin mascara. I hope it's not true.

Hope it's not true, would be a bad idea.

Also, been watching some of those matches on the marathon and funny how they all end up with the fans throwing ice and their drinks into the ring lol. It's so different from CMLL, over there big time mask vs mask matches are treated like a real sporting event, but in AAA it feels more like a late-90's Vince Russo WCW swerve fest.

Just making sure I'm correct, but the main show begins at 9PM EST tonight?

Not sure, but if true then that would mean it starts at midnight on the west coast. Don't want to stay up till 3 for just one match.

I'm assuming CT means Central timezone. That's an hour behind EST. I'm an hour and a half ahead of EST so I'm looking at a 10:30 start time, if I'm correct.

Edit: Another source said 5PM Pacific. So 8PM EST? Bleh. Guess I'll just check when the time comes and see. If the past is telling though, the first half hour to an hour will be ceremonial stuff.

Looking forward to ate least the mask match between Wagner and Psycho Clown. I love a big time gimmick match like they do in WWE, or a big title match ala New Japan, but there's nothing quite like an apuestas match where both wrestlers put their mask on the line like they do in lucha libre. You can always win back a belt but your mask you can never wear again.

Looking forward to ate least the mask match between Wagner and Psycho Clown. I love a big time gimmick match like they do in WWE, or a big title match ala New Japan, but there's nothing quite like an apuestas match where both wrestlers put their mask on the line like they do in lucha libre. You can always win back a belt but your mask you can never wear again.

Unless you're Rey Mysterio. Or Psicosis. Or Juventud Guerrera. Or Silver King :P

I'm interested in Mundo/Fantasma/Texano, Pagano/Mesias, and of course Psycho Clown/Dr. Wagner.

Can't help but feel like we're gonna be in for a long night. The boxing fight doesn't even start until 9PM EST, and if I were to guess, we're probably looking at 12AM EST for the end of that event, and they want to have the mask match begin after that's over. I feel like it'll be 1AM before it's over. That's 2:30AM my time.. T.T

What commentary is everyone going to watch?

Think one of the new young Villanos is in the La Llave a La Gloria preshow thing, interested to see how he goes as I haven't seen him yet.

Archived