Official NXT Takeover: San Antonio Discussion Thread

Jmerc

Royce and Kay both pin one of the two at the same time. Celebrate as co-champions, Regal forces them into a match against each other, they refuse. Regal vacates the belt and announces a Women's Championship tournament leading up towards Wrestlemania. Asuka loses her match via DQ, while kicking the shit out of either Kay or Royce in an early round, Ember Moon confronts her and tries to calm her down, leading to Ember Moon vs. Asuka at NXT TakeOver prior to Mania, as Asuka's send off match.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Royce and Kay both pin one of the two at the same time. Celebrate as co-champions, Regal forces them into a match against each other, they refuse. Regal vacates the belt and announces a Women's Championship tournament leading up towards Wrestlemania. Asuka loses her match via DQ, while kicking the shit out of either Kay or Royce in an early round, Ember Moon confronts her and tries to calm her down, leading to Ember Moon vs. Asuka at NXT TakeOver prior to Mania, as Asuka's send off match.

Way too convoluted tbh. Why bother with all that nonsense?

To simplify...Asuka takes out Cross. Immediately following that, Peyton and Billie toss Asuka out of the ring and go for the simultaneous cover on Cross. They get into an argument with the ref when he tells them he can't count a double pin. Asuka jumps back in the ring...takes them both out. Sanity come to ringside and Asuka gets distracted. Cross is back up at this point...takes out Asuka to win the belt. Asuka immediately tries to go after Cross, but she has backup in the form of Sanity, and Asuka has no choice but to stand down...match ends with Asuka notably pissed off, and Cross retreating into the back with the rest of Sanity.

Way too convoluted tbh. Why bother with all that nonsense?

To simplify...Asuka takes out Cross. Immediately following that, Peyton and Billie toss Asuka out of the ring and go for the simultaneous cover on Cross. They get into an argument with the ref when he tells them he can't count a double pin. Asuka jumps back in the ring...takes them both out. Sanity come to ringside and Asuka gets distracted. Cross is back up at this point...takes out Asuka to win the belt. Asuka immediately tries to go after Cross, but she has backup in the form of Sanity, and Asuka has no choice but to stand down...match ends with Asuka notably pissed off, and Cross retreating into the back with the rest of Sanity.

"Way too convoluted"

*proceeds to outwrite my month-long storyline into just a post about the match*

That's kind of my point. Everything that you said can be done more effectively in the span of one match, rather than a month...and it's obvious that they're looking at putting the belt on Cross, because they're making it about Sanity and them beginning to take what they want. You completely neglected Cross in your timeline and made it about some weird angle where Billie and Peyton argue with William Regal and eventually feud with Moon...

I'm not a fan of undefeated wrestlers tbh. It only works to the point when people start talking about them being undefeated...then it feels tedious. When being undefeated becomes the main focus over everything else...I hate that. Feels like a burden on the character overall...and I don't want that to happen with Asuka. I think she's right on the cusp of that place. She has the perfect "out" for her streak...and I hope they take it before she begins to feel like a cliche.

Paige never did lol.

But nah, from the moment she's debuted, I think Ember Moon is the only person who can dethrone Asuka. Nikki Cross maybe, with the help of Sanity. But I don't see EY laying girls out with the Youngblood Neckbreaker anytime soon lol.

I actually like this idea until Asuka gets kicked out of the tournament. After that she should just go on to the main roster. Have the tournament finals be Ember Moon vs Nikki Storm and have Billie Kay vs Peyton Royce at Takeover Orlando.

I defs wanna see Sanity hold all the gold at once

Exactly what I want. It's been a while since a WWE faction has done that. Evolution? Although they didn't have Nikki or a woman in the mix...

La Familia I think has been the closest since Evolution. WHC, ECW and tag team titles. 2 world titles at once, not bad. The Corre too but that was more in the midcard scene.

Exactly what I want. It's been a while since a WWE faction has done that. Evolution? Although they didn't have Nikki or a woman in the mix...

Thats because its a shitty idea. Talk about overexposure.

Thats because its a shitty idea. Talk about overexposure.

Shut your filthy mouth.

La Familia I think has been the closest since Evolution. WHC, ECW and tag team titles. 2 world titles at once, not bad. The Corre too but that was more in the midcard scene.

Shoutout to the nice Bam Neely. Forgot about that short-lived faction.

Archived