Official WWE UK Championship Tournament Discussion Thread

ZEF

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's clear he meant Wrestlemania week. It's not just a one night event. It hasn't been for years now. A tournament like this can't have just been slapped together because WWE heard WoS was coming back. They would have planning this for a long time, trying to get it all sorted, all the wrestlers under differents contracts, having time to schedule it, hire arenas, have time to make GFX and banners, plan storylines etc etc.

Believe this is just because of WoS all you want, it's very likely it has nothing to do with it.

It's clear he meant Wrestlemania week. It's not just a one night event. It hasn't been for years now. A tournament like this can't have just been slapped together because WWE heard WoS was coming back. They would have planning this for a long time, trying to get it all sorted, all the wrestlers under differents contracts, having time to schedule it, hire arenas, have time to make GFX and banners, plan storylines etc etc.

Believe this is just because of WoS all you want, it's very likely it has nothing to do with it.

Also, designing & creating that title didn't happen overnight.

This is just a way to try to undermine WOS reboot and the whole UK indy scene. The only dude I know from the pic is Pete Dunne, is he the best one in there?

Day two of the tournament is on the same day as Progress 42. 'The competition ran themselves out of business'. I guess these were the 'mark' deals being talked about a while ago.

So...All the promotions holding events during Wrestlemania week are also just trying to undermine Wrestlemania?

Lol, are you actually serious? I'll humour you for a second and ask you to tell me about the shows held during Wrestlemania.

Wrestlemania week you numbskull

Same day as Progress 42 you genius.

That's what YOU said. Not I. Wrestlemania weekend has more than one WWE show. It's an entire speical week for WWE, not just one day and there are countless other wrestling shows happening at the same time and on the very same day as the NXT TakeOver special. According to you that is a sign of all these promotions trying to undermine Wrestlemania week.

Are you saying WoS was just put together in a week? It's been announced a long time ago and will start before this tournament even... Do you belive WWE don't give a shit about a house hold wrestling program going on national television on the UK with the possibility to overtake them as the number one watched wrestling promotion there? Hell, how many viewers is WWE getting on the US for Raw and SD, they could have more people watching WoS live in the UK than Raw on the US. Vince was reported to be concerned about this. But yeah, it's just a conspiracy theory and a coincidence that WWE decided to do this now.

This is just a way to try to undermine WOS reboot and the whole UK indy scene. The only dude I know from the pic is Pete Dunne, is he the best one in there?

Day two of the tournament is on the same day as Progress 42. 'The competition ran themselves out of business'. I guess these were the 'mark' deals being talked about a while ago.

So...All the promotions holding events during Wrestlemania week are also just trying to undermine Wrestlemania?

Lol, are you actually serious? I'll humour you for a second and ask you to tell me about the shows held during Wrestlemania.

Wrestlemania week you numbskull

Same day as Progress 42 you genius.

That's what YOU said. Not I. Wrestlemania weekend has more than one WWE show. It's an entire speical week for WWE, not just one day and there are countless other wrestling shows happening at the same time and on the very same day as the NXT TakeOver special. According to you that is a sign of all these promotions trying to undermine Wrestlemania week.

If you honestly think that comparison makes any sense at all I don't know what to tell you.

WWE are only doing this because they're scared of the return of World of Sport lol.

Always wanted a UK title, though I would've actually preferred the return of the EU title.

Oh yeah, and I'm not coming up with conspiracy theories I know nothing about. By the time that ICW show with Finn happened people backstage knew about these deals, called them 'mark deals' and were telling people not to sign them because 'they don't want you, they just want no one else to have you'. So yeah, I wasn't the one coming up with this on my own.

Just noticed ICW World Champion Wolfgang on there too. :D Would suck for these promotions tho if WWE sign their world champions following this.

Progress champ and tag champs too, I think.

Oh yeah, and I'm not coming up with conspiracy theories I know nothing about. By the time that ICW show with Finn happened people backstage knew about these deals, called them 'mark deals' and were telling people not to sign them because 'they don't want you, they just want no one else to have you'. So yeah, I wasn't the one coming up with this on my own.

Just noticed ICW World Champion Wolfgang on there too. :D Would suck for these promotions tho if WWE sign their world champions following this.

Progress champ and tag champs too, I think.

Yep, Pete Dunne and Trent Seven.

MRN isn't making stuff up, there were reports saying Vince is terrified of the return of WOS and that the talent involved in this tourney have been given 'mark' deals in which WWE will pay them to not do televised shows in the UK, which would mean no WOS (or WCPW either hilariously, they were mentioned).

Vince is being silly really but then again, WOS is on ITV, a free channel for everyone in the UK whilst WWE are on a premium channel. TNA got more views than WWE for being on a free channel and WOS will be on one too... only one of the two highest viewed in the entire UK. WWE gets 150,000 viewers in the UK, which is pretty good since it's at 1am. In the slot on ITV that WOS has been given, supposedly the worst it's ever gotten is 300,000. That's already double what WWE get and should it do well and then have more shows, WOS could end up becoming the #2 promotion in the world purely due to the channel it's on.

If WWE wanna fight WOS then they could get on BBC/ITV for this tourney as well but I don't think Sky would allow that due to their exclusive WWE deal. That caused no WWE Main Event on the Network as Sky had exclusive rights in the UK.

No one said he was making them up.

You're saying it like it's a forgone conclusion that WWE is scared of and wants fight World of Sport, but like this tournament (logistically) would have taken months to prepare. So why not just open your mind a bit and recognise that WWE may just want to put on a British tournament despite whether they have some competition over here or not. Stop writing things off as fact when you're reading second hand information on the internet.

For *censored*s sake people stfu and just enjoy the fact that we are getting a new title & tournament. Idk why some of yall need a reason for shit to happen all the time...

As far as the name goes idk i think the United Kingdom championship sounds pretty good. Honestly sounds more important than the US title lol

The title does look really sick. I love it.

also something interesting that was pointed out is that the WWE contracts (the 'mark') ones are basically zero hour contracts (those are unpopular here and were supposedly gonna be made illegal at one point) and that working for ITV, WCPW or whoever would allow NHS, whilst a WWE shit contract wouldn't etc.

No one said he was making them up.

You're saying it like it's a forgone conclusion that WWE is scared of and wants fight World of Sport, but like this tournament (logistically) would have taken months to prepare. So why not just open your mind a bit and recognise that WWE may just want to put on a British tournament despite whether they have some competition over here or not. Stop writing things off as fact when you're reading second hand information on the internet.

You keep saying this like WoS reboot hasn't been in the works for months. What do you think takes more time to prepare a tournament on the WWE Network or a reboot of something like WoS on national TV?

For *censored*s sake people stfu and just enjoy the fact that we are getting a new title & tournament. Idk why some of yall need a reason for shit to happen all the time...

I'm thinking bigger picture. WWE is getting a new title & tournament at the expense of growing english promotions, I think the latter is better for Wrestling as a whole than the first. That's all I'm saying, this is just another step in WWE trying to monopolize the wrestling game even more.

also something interesting that was pointed out is that the WWE contracts (the 'mark') ones are basically zero hour contracts (those are unpopular here and were supposedly gonna be made illegal at one point) and that working for ITV, WCPW or whoever would allow NHS, whilst a WWE shit contract wouldn't etc.

Was about to mention guaranteed health care as well. Groundbreaking for wrestling, if WoS is a success despite WWE I wonder if it could ever lead to a union of professional wrestlers.

Archived