Official WWE UK Championship Tournament Discussion Thread

ZEF

2016 announcement:

LONDON — At a historic press conference at the O2 Arena in London, Triple H revealed that WWE’s first-ever United Kingdom Champion will be crowned this January.

The WWE United Kingdom Championship Tournament is a 16-competitor, two-day throwdown at Blackpool’s Empress Ballroom, airing live and exclusively on the award-winning WWE Network, featuring some of the best talent the U.K. has to offer. The last man standing at the end of the tournament will be crowned champion and awarded a title, which was also revealed at the conference.

Joining Triple H in London were former WWE Universal Champion Finn Bálor, General Manager of NXT William Regal and British wrestling icon Nigel McGuinness, who will be calling the tournament action on WWE Network alongside the voice of Monday Night Raw, Michael Cole.

Tickets for this historic two-day event at the Empress Ballroom will be available starting today at 12 p.m. GMT at livenation.co.uk.

Stick with WWE.com for more news on this incredible tournament as it becomes available, and don’t miss the WWE United Kingdom Championship Tournament, January 14 & 15, live and exclusively on WWE Network!

Source: http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwe-united-kingdom-championship-tournament/article/wwe-united-kingdom-championship-tournament

January 2017 Bracket + Results:

HFant0d.png

June 2018 Bracket:

0j7vb45.png

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy shit this is awesome! Not sure how the UK Title is going to work, but I don't care, this is a brand new thing and I'm all for WWE trying out new ideas and taking risks.

Plus BritWres is in a great place right now.

Also makes sense when you consider the trainers at NXT right now are so bloody English. Regal, Brookside, Norman Smiley, plus Johnny Saint is heading there for 6 months soon.

As Creep said, it's an insanely good time for British wrestling these days.

This is just a way to try to undermine WOS reboot and the whole UK indy scene. The only dude I know from the pic is Pete Dunne, is he the best one in there?

Day two of the tournament is on the same day as Progress 42. 'The competition ran themselves out of business'. I guess these were the 'mark' deals being talked about a while ago.

This is just a way to try to undermine WOS reboot and the whole UK indy scene. The only dude I know from the pic is Pete Dunne, is he the best one in there?

Day two of the tournament is on the same day as Progress 42. 'The competition ran themselves out of business'. I guess these were the 'mark' deals being talked about a while ago.

Or enjoy the product and not come up with conspiracy theories you know nothing about lmao.

I'm willing to bet SmackDown's getting a UK division in response to RAW's Cruiserweights while Neville continues to sit around in the doing nothing but scratching his arse despite there being two divisions perfect for him.

*a year later*

WWE announces the British-people-called-Neville tournament, featuring 16 wrestlers from the UK, with Neville as their ringname.

Or enjoy the product and not come up with conspiracy theories you know nothing about lmao.

Lmfao. What conspiracy theories? Bet you also believe WCW were the baddies because they kept stealing guys from WWE and WWE never did anything wrong and good beat evil.

So...All the promotions holding events during Wrestlemania week are also just trying to undermine Wrestlemania?

This was obviously planned a long time ago. Nigel left ROH for this.

So...All the promotions holding events during Wrestlemania week are also just trying to undermine Wrestlemania?

Lol, are you actually serious? I'll humour you for a second and ask you to tell me about the shows held during Wrestlemania.

Lol, are you actually serious? I'll humour you for a second and ask you to tell me about the shows held during Wrestlemania.

Wrestlemania week you numbskull

Wrestlemania week you numbskull

Same day as Progress 42 you genius.

Archived