Aquarium's

FulGore

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah pretty clean tank there. Where is the fish?

As for my tank, I'm afraid it was overfeeding that caused all this mess. Not really my fault that everywhere I looked it said to feed my large goldfish 2 or 3 times a day even when I've known that you just need to feed them once every few days, but I thought this bigger fish needed food daily.

Yeah pretty clean tank there. Where is the fish?

As for my tank, I'm afraid it was overfeeding that caused all this mess. Not really my fault that everywhere I looked it said to feed my large goldfish 2 or 3 times a day even when I've known that you just need to feed them once every few days, but I thought this bigger fish needed food daily.

I only have two shrimp in there at the moment. I am thinking about getting a Betta, but I am still looking for other options.

Gave up on the water in my tank and decided to start over. The water was almost milky a whole 11 days after my last fish died and I changed half. This time I went full change. I got too anxious and want to put fish in again so hopefully in a few days the water is established and I can put something in again. Will post pics when it's all set. I've had my eyes on a planted aquarium for months now but the thought of having soil in there just scares me at the absolute mess it will be at first.

Gave up on the water in my tank and decided to start over. The water was almost milky a whole 11 days after my last fish died and I changed half. This time I went full change. I got too anxious and want to put fish in again so hopefully in a few days the water is established and I can put something in again. Will post pics when it's all set. I've had my eyes on a planted aquarium for months now but the thought of having soil in there just scares me at the absolute mess it will be at first.

I am using flourite. No soil needed.

How about the plants? Do they turn all brown and start falling apart or do they last a long time?

How about the plants? Do they turn all brown and start falling apart or do they last a long time?

My plants are doing really well. I just bought some grass for the foreground, and it is already spreading. Flourite never goes bad.

A few new things in my tank. Starting with the Betta! Also bought a heater, I could not get my tempature stabilized. As well as the long plant in the back left corner, and the grass of course.

WbMWeOv.jpg

Better picture of the Betta. He is so beautiful. His colors really popped since the day I got him. I literally put him in there, went to work, and came home to him looking like this. It was crazy. I could tell he was a lot happier to be in the tank rather than those small ass cups they keep them in.

1xjQUoU.jpg

I could get a female, but my tank is too small. I don't want babies either. My shrimp have me a little worried. :lol:

You would need at least 2 females per male on these anyway. :)

Always had fish, birds, cat's dogs, turtles, chinchilas, hamsters, bunnies and tons of other animals growing up. At one point I had a 240 lt Aquarium along with a 80lt and a 60lt (for the babies).

Had tons of different fish. My oldest one became 9 years old before it got cancer and died (I had given up the bigger Aquariums at that Point). So after it died I let it be and didn't got any Fish anymore.

One of the most tragic and horrible experiences through the years was when the heating device of my smallest Aquarium got a error in the middle of the night and when I wake up in the morning all the babies were dead on the surface.

Didn't understood what happen at first until I touched the Aquarium almost burning myself. x_X

I actually noticed something really cool about snails or snail like creatures when cleaning out my tank. It seems like they are somehow created in the tank all by themselves. I had no natural plants in there, so maybe it's part of the natural ecosystem of water and aquatic life that some creatures are just "born" out of nowhere in the water.

I actually noticed something really cool about snails or snail like creatures when cleaning out my tank. It seems like they are somehow created in the tank all by themselves. I had no natural plants in there, so maybe it's part of the natural ecosystem of water and aquatic life that some creatures are just "born" out of nowhere in the water.

Snails can multiply from overfeeding, but you have to already have a snail in the tank for that to happen. I don't think they can just magically be born. What's crazy, is that I checked the plant, and rinsed it off before I put it in the tank. I know the eggs are microscopic, but I assume it would have been washed away from shaking the rocks off of it while I rinsed the plant in the water.

I am thinking about getting an albino Cory Cat Fish. I know I am pushing it, seeing as I have four fish in the tank now with the discovery of the snail. But with all my plants, I think my tank could handle it. Plus, it is another algae eater, so I would have three total, and that would help keep the tank clean.

Had become snails in my Aquariums back then aswell.

Some eggs were just on Stones I had bought out of Aquariums that didn't even dissapeared after I washed the Stone before I put it in my Aquarium and the same Thing happen with plants. :)

They are mostly the so called apple snails (that's how they are called in Germany).

They are growing fast and they lay a lot of eggs. I let them be though and since I also had fish that was happy to have the snails in the Aquarium as extra Snacks, they didn't spread a lot but rather got decimated quite fast.

You will Need at least a couple of the cat fish cause the albinos are not loners as far as I know.

The fish I mentioned that lived for 9 years was a armored catfish type and it was a loner for the most part. :)

As about having many fish in your Aquarium there is a simple method to find out if you have enough room for another one. You just count 1 Liters of water per cm of a fish.

You need to also aknowledge the plants and the room part of the Aquarium the fishes you have are mainly living (top, middle, bottom).

As about cleaning, you still need to Change like 3/4 of your Aquariums water every 3 weeks and clean the bottom to prevent diseases and maintain the Quality of the water..

Okay here's my current tank setup I have going. There's a lot going on in terms of decorations but I think the fish appreciate the hiding space and my little nephews enjoy watching everything in there. I have 7 fish, mostly mollys.

6f2n1z.jpg

1zbsbk1.jpg

I turn on the blue led light sometimes to make the decorations pop a little bit more.

25 gallons, probably just under that. They told me I shouldn't put any more fish than the 7 I already have. They did say I could put a betta in there though so I might geta blue one and maybe a Chinese algae eater. I will be pushing the limits in a few months when they grow more but I think I can manage.

Archived