• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 JLJM

JLJM

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 01:50 AM

Don't quit man. Your WCW stuff is great.
I got your WCW Thunder arena and a few PPVs.
I'm cautious about what I DL as I haven't been hit by the glitch yet (still backing up though!!!) and I usually wait until others confirm something is okay. Most people will probably wait for the patch, confirm it worked and then go nuts.

#22 Omēga

Omēga

Sir Dippingsauce

• Members
  • 5,864 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 02:17 AM

Well.  I thought my Madusa CAW was going to be a huge hit and I'd finally be out of bronze, but it seems nobody cares about her.  I've got 5 superstar slots uploaded, 10 arenas, 9 shows, 5 championships, even a moveset.  My only guess is that nobody is really downloading anything right now.  Now because I did not plan on a lull in uploading whatsoever, I don't even know what to do.  I guess I'll just keep working on my arenas for now.  If I never make it out of bronze in 2K17, at least I'll have them for my own game.

Don't feel bad, I'm about to start work on a Kidman caw and I can't imagine him being downloaded at an alarming rate lol

#23 SmashMan

SmashMan

New Talent

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 03:24 AM

Well.  I thought my Madusa CAW was going to be a huge hit and I'd finally be out of bronze, but it seems nobody cares about her.  I've got 5 superstar slots uploaded, 10 arenas, 9 shows, 5 championships, even a moveset.  My only guess is that nobody is really downloading anything right now.  Now because I did not plan on a lull in uploading whatsoever, I don't even know what to do.  I guess I'll just keep working on my arenas for now.  If I never make it out of bronze in 2K17, at least I'll have them for my own game.

I could see a Madusa CAW not getting any traction. Honestly, I wouldn't think there's enough interest in that. Totally confused on why your arenas aren't catching on though. I won't be on tonight and maybe not again until later tomorrow, but I'll download some of your stuff and give you a couple more downloads...and I don't even have any use for WCW arenas in my game, haha.

#24 Omēga

Omēga

Sir Dippingsauce

• Members
  • 5,864 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:36 AM

I was having trouble finding it...but great job! This hashtag system is awful.

I've been using this a lot since I found it. 

imagine if custom themes were actually possible :/ Is the venue/crowd size you used bigger or smaller than the regular RAW size? It's deceiving. Sometimes it looks bigger, sometimes it looks smaller...I can't tell.

Edited by Omēga, 27 October 2016 - 07:19 AM.

#25 WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77

Terra Force

• Members
  • 7,386 posts
  • SEN (PS3): WarGreymon77

Posted 27 October 2016 - 07:42 AM

Thanks man.  I was never big on the 1999-2001 WCW, but I thought the Nitro set was pretty cool-looking.

About the venue sizes, I can't even tell tbh.  They don't look like different "sizes" to me even though they say so.  I just choose venue 3 so it won't have the electronic billboard.  Other than that, I can't really tell the difference between the two sizes.

Edited by WarGreymon77, 27 October 2016 - 07:42 AM.

#26 El Dandy

El Dandy

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 06:06 AM

I'm going to be downloading all of these WCW arenas once I get my WCW Universe setup. 

One day, I am still holding out hope that 2K blows us away and puts in a War Games match as a new feature. That is one match type we've never experienced in a video game, and it was such a cool concept. 

#27 WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77

Terra Force

• Members
  • 7,386 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 06:33 AM

If they could manage to keep a steady framerate with 6 guys in the ring at one time, it'd be a start.  I was willing to make a compromise for War Games in 2K14: six man elimination tornado tag, in a cage.  But then I found out you couldn't do that.

#28 JLJM

JLJM

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 06:40 AM

If they could manage to keep a steady framerate with 6 guys in the ring at one time, it'd be a start.  I was willing to make a compromise for War Games in 2K14: six man elimination tornado tag, in a cage.  But then I found out you couldn't do that.

I have a feeling that Elimination Chamber matches can be contested as 3v3 elimination matches. If that an happen, I can't see why it can't be in a cage or HIAC.

#29 WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77

Terra Force

• Members
  • 7,386 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 01:45 AM

I tried to organize this mess of a thread a little better via a table of contents and spoiler tags in the OP.  I'm finally close to silver rank, but I need to fix a couple of my Bash at the Beach logos.

#30 WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77

Terra Force

• Members
  • 7,386 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 05:34 PM

YES!!  I am FINALLY free of bronze!  ...on my main account.  My alt still needs 1300+ downloads.  This leaves me at a crossroads.  Maybe I should temporarily replace one of my current alt account arenas (Starrcade '96 or Halloween Havoc '90) with Souled Out 1998 to boost my downloads.  I don't have much else prepared on that account at the moment.

WCW Uncensored
Tags: WCW, UNCENSORED, WarGreymon77
The yellow lights on the curtain are a bit of an oversight, but I let it slide because the video screens are supposed to have lights on them.
cVOIXUR.jpg

WCW Spring Stampede
Tags: WCW, SPRING_STAMPEDE, WarGreymon77
And the trend of "better than last year" continues!  It's like the Papa John's slogan.  Better logos = better arenas.
k7ilidY.jpg

WCW Slamboree
Tags: WCW, SLAMBOREE, WarGreymon77
I was considering getting rid of the header, but who doesn't love colored lights?
n9aJwUX.jpg

WCW The Great American Bash
Tags: WCW, THE_GREAT_AMERICAN_BASH, WarGreymon77
Perfection.  I've even got a better mat logo this year.
4nqwXgI.jpg

WCW Bash at the Beach 1997
Tags: WCW, BASH_AT_THE_BEACH, WarGreymon77
I went back and forth on the stage, but in the end, I'm pretty satisfied with it.
lleviRL.jpg

#31 ECWDanSelby

ECWDanSelby

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,616 posts
  • Gamertag: ECWselby
  • SEN (PS3): ECWselby
  • Twitter: @FNBodySlams

Posted 05 November 2016 - 02:17 PM

Bash at the Beach looks cool, man! Good job!

#32 WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77

Terra Force

• Members
  • 7,386 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:51 PM

Always a pleasure, Dan.

My downloads had slowed down considerably on my alt account.  I decided to do something I never do.  I took drastic measures.  I noticed that Halloween Havoc '90 was in last place, so I decided to swap that one out with a new one, in an attempt to give myself a little boost.  This is only temporary.  If/when I get to silver on this account, I will re-up HH '90 in addition to new arenas.  If this new arena isn't perfect, I might fix it if/when I get to silver.  Without further adieu, the arena only arena that I had finished that looked the best was

WCW/nWo Souled Out
Tags: WCW, SOULED_OUT, WarGreymon77
y7Iuxon.jpg

#33 WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77

Terra Force

• Members
  • 7,386 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:10 PM

WCW Road Wild
Tags: WCW, ROAD_WILD, WarGreymon77

Recommendations: Late 90s filter, WCW Referee 1
I highly recommend that you use the EVENING setting for time of day, because the colors vary wildly depending on the lighting.  This screenshot is from an entrance.  The lights are normally red.  There are no locations anywhere in the Dakotas, much less Sturgis!  The closest seemed to be Omaha, Nebraska, so I used that for my show.  Also, the motorcycles are there.  I might have pushed them too far off to the sides of the stage.
0YYGzkX.jpg

WCW Clash of the Champions 35
Tags: WCW, CLASH_OF_THE_CHAMPIONS, WarGreymon77

CC censored "XXXV", as expected, so I changed it to the number.  I lightened up the ring mat a little bit.  It's not that dark.  Show is uploaded as "Clash of Champions" because of lack of space to type.
AcgFN84.jpg

WCW Fall Brawl
Tags: WCW, FALL_BRAWL, WarGreymon77

Traditional home of the War Games!  I loved the appearance of the lights as I was looking at this on the Network.  The green, the blue.  Very beautiful lights.  But I prefer the green logo instead of purple.
iJZN9xv.jpg

WCW World War 3
Tags: WCW, WORLD_WAR_3, WarGreymon77

This is my masterpiece, my proudest work.  Despite not finding a single useable World War 3 logo on WWE Network, I found something perhaps even better.  The entranceway.  My only regret is that the green sandbag trench things have that LED grid on them due to the minitron that I used.
Z1RTkBG.jpg

WCW Starrcade 1997
Tags: WCW, STARRCADE, WarGreymon77

The moment that I've been waiting for since last year.  My logos are clean and accurate.  I hadn't found a Starrcade logo that had met my standards until I managed to capture the entranceway (harder than you might think), cut the Starrcade logo from that, and edit the hue/saturation/brightness settings in Paint.NET.  Also, I had to do a ton of erasing.  I spent a lot of time and effort on these logos, so please don't re-upload.
XNqQEno.jpg

I finally hit gold.  As for Halloween Havoc, it's coming.  IF I ever get to diamond, Havoc '97 is #1 priority.  I figured Starrcade was more important.  On my HH '97 arena, the stage looks a little lopsided due to the size of the video screen.

As for my alt (MegaDragonzord77), it's still on the hellhole known as bronze!  It STILL needs 497 more downloads to rank up to silver.

When doing these WCW rings with the grayish, light blue ring aprons, it's hard to get the color just right.  Also...

While doing research, I found out that around the ringside area of World War 3, there's this weird gray carpet thing that's covering up the blue floor mats underneath. It made it look like they were fighting on a concrete floor!

Edited by WarGreymon77, 09 December 2016 - 12:11 AM.

#34 WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77

Terra Force

• Members
  • 7,386 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:42 AM

My arena topics tend to be my "home thread", especially since the confirmed information thread is no longer stickyed.  So here's my thoughts.

Well I don't know whether everybody got a refund for 2K17 or the early bird gets the worm, but my "quality over speed" policy turned out to be a huge bust.  This year has been a huge struggle.   My downloads recently slowed to a halt yet again.  My gold uploads have less than 30 downloads each.  As for my alt, it's still on *censored*ing bronze despite having my most downloaded arena by far.  I can't pretend that I'm not angry.  If I can just get my alt to silver, I'll finally be able to relax. Still need about 270+ downloads for that, and it's barely moving.  Here's hoping Christmas will bring in some new players to save my ass.

#35 WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77

Terra Force

• Members
  • 7,386 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:10 AM

Well, MegaDragonzord77 finally broke through to silver today.

WCW Halloween Havoc 1990

Tags: WCW, HALLOWEEN_HAVOC, WarGreymon77

Recommendations: 1990s filter, WCW Referee 1

Better colors than last time, I believe.
p6Dk2yg.jpg

WCW Clash of the Champions XVII
Tags: WCW, CLASH_OF_THE_CHAMPIONS*, WarGreymon77
* I'm unsure if this is the exact tag I used.

It was extremely difficult to get the right colors for the ring apron and the canvas.
BtdkjQf.jpg

WWF Shotgun Saturday Night (show listed as Shotgun Sat. Night or Shotgun Sat. Nite, I forget.)

Tags: WWF, SHOTGUN_SATURDAY_NIGHT, WarGreymon77

Recommendations: Late 90s filter, Old School Referee (scratch logo)
QWkVwzm.jpg

WWF Sunday Night Heat

Tags: WWF, SUNDAY_NIGHT_HEAT, WarGreymon77

Creative liberties were taken with the aprons for Heat and King of the Ring.  I regret nothing!
mN9MLyL.jpg

King of the Ring 1998

Tags: WWF, KING_OF_THE_RING, WarGreymon77

When in doubt, use a screenshot of the real deal.  Even a low quality Dailymotion screenshot.  But hey, it looks good.  I was going to do 1997, but then I decided I wanted something that looked more Attitudinal, as J.R. put it.
FGimdFQ.jpg

Edited by WarGreymon77, 04 January 2017 - 08:41 AM.

#36 ECWDanSelby

ECWDanSelby

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:07 PM

Re. the KOTR entrance way:

I'd recommend trying to fade the edges of the image a little more to avoid such a harsh cut off. Perhaps even softly erasing some of the edges might work, or simply painting over the edges using a dark grey using a soft brush might be another means..

Other than that, good stuff!

#37 WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77

Terra Force

• Members
  • 7,386 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:09 AM

WCW Halloween Havoc 1997
Tags: WCW, HALLOWEEN_HAVOC, WarGreymon77
The stage logos were incredibly tedious to work with.  I was glad that I had put it off until diamond rank.
mZ2QddT.jpg

WCW Great American Bash 1990
Tags: WCW, THE_GREAT_AMERICAN_BASH, WarGreymon77
I uploaded it in WWE 2K16 as "WCW Old School".
QWTNzMg.jpg
This screenshot is kind of old.  I've made a few adjustments, including brightening up the ramp and stage.  For some reason, every time you edit an arena with this stage, the stage and ramp color resets.

WCW {PRO} Wrestling
Tags: WCW, Pro Wrestling, WarGreymon77
WCW's D-Show.  I tried the "Bad VHS" filter, but it didn't look right.
oiVeGZe.jpg

nWo Saturday Night (Show Only)
Tags: NWO, Saturday Night, WarGreymon77
7g5ckO3.jpg

WCW Monday Nitro 1998 v2
Tags: WCW, Monday Nitro, WarGreymon77
Separate slot from my original upload, at least for now.
8oxujxP.jpg

I've also re-uploaded a couple of old arenas, such as WCW Saturday Night, SuperBrawl, World War 3, Starrcade 1997, with a few improvements, particularly the black steel steps and shiny turnbuckles.

Nitro V2 also has these improvements, but the Nitro V2 screenshot is a little outdated.
2t621r7.jpg

Starrcade '97's stage background is better (tested with Sting 99's entrance), and Saturday Night now has a video screen to the left.
kXaytWc.jpg

Edited by WarGreymon77, 07 March 2017 - 12:11 AM.

#38 ECWDanSelby

ECWDanSelby

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:42 AM

Good stuff!

For GAB 90, i'd personally just use a very soft, black brush just before those yellow lights touch the floor. Just fade them out a touch, as it's a bit of a sudden ending!

#39 Muur

Muur

Junosona

• Members
  • 33,148 posts
  • Gamertag: Marcus BWFC
  • SEN (PS3): Muur1993
  • Steam ID: MarcusBWFC
  • Twitter: @MarcusRalphson

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:51 AM

The title of this topic disappoints me, cuz it's not loads of Digimon arenas

#40 WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77

Terra Force

• Members
  • 7,386 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:58 AM

Good stuff!

For GAB 90, i'd personally just use a very soft, black brush just before those yellow lights touch the floor. Just fade them out a touch, as it's a bit of a sudden ending!

The floor in the game is gray, though... The stubborn thing turned black before I took the screenshot.  A few things in CAA keep switching back every time you edit them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WCW, WarGreymon77, MegaDragonzord77