Oz70NYC's Showcase 2K17

Oz70NYC

It's TIME!!! Another year, another game, another season. There's some things about this year's CAW mode I'm not a huge fan of, but great creators find a way to work around limitations. So without further delay, I present my 1st completed creation for 2K17.

"The Archetype" Dru Mercer

Weight Class: Super Heavyweight

Debut: 1999 (Wrestlemania 2000)

Theme: "Thick As Thieves" by Dry Kill Logic

Signature Move: The Tragedy (Emerald Fusion)

Finishing Move: Burning Hammer

tnGFdau2.png CCvVYCcN.png hWzmHcGc.png aFRsdgq1.pngwSsLZDqm.png

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curious as to what you don't like about this years creation suite. I had a play around a few times and while it appears confusing at first due to how extensive it is, it ultimately helps to improve the CAWs you make.

Having said hat, your CAW looks great and I love the shirt. Can't wait to see more.

Curious as to what you don't like about this years creation suite. I had a play around a few times and while it appears confusing at first due to how extensive it is, it ultimately helps to improve the CAWs you make.

Having said hat, your CAW looks great and I love the shirt. Can't wait to see more.

Well to start there's the thing about using custom logos on the arms...and the fact that they can only be moved as far down as the bicep. However, my brother Thr33x found a work around that he's going to post on his Youtube channel shortly...so that obstacle has been hurdled. Then there's not being able to morph the body shapes. REALLY not a fan of that. Having to choose from preset limbs is stupid. But what can you do? Just gotta roll with it. But I will be making a post on the official forum (or joining in on one as I know someone's likely made it...or several) voicing my dismay on it.

Well to start there's the thing about using custom logos on the arms...and the fact that they can only be moved as far down as the bicep. However, my brother Thr33x found a work around that he's going to post on his Youtube channel shortly...so that obstacle has been hurdled. Then there's not being able to morph the body shapes. REALLY not a fan of that. Having to choose from preset limbs is stupid. But what can you do? Just gotta roll with it. But I will be making a post on the official forum (or joining in on one as I know someone's likely made it...or several) voicing my dismay on it.

Do you think though, by having the presets, it makes it easier for those who are inexperienced creating CAWs to make them more unique? I know that if this was my first wrestling game, I would prefer to have presets as I wouldn't have a clue on how to download textures etc.

Do you think though, by having the presets, it makes it easier for those who are inexperienced creating CAWs to make them more unique? I know that if this was my first wrestling game, I would prefer to have presets as I wouldn't have a clue on how to download textures etc.

For someone starting out, yes...it does make things easier and more accessible. For someone like me though, who has been making CAWs since 1999, and also who has 9 years experience with 3D modeling and texture mapping, it's a huge step backwards. I like to building individual frames for my character that are unique. This year I have to splice together body types that will have no new uniqueness to them. It's a personal gripe. Not game breaking...but I'm definitely not a fan of it.

Absolutely loving that you're back on day 1. Can't wait for Mr Adams for my Universe :)

Download limits have pretty much slowed my creative progress...lol. Uploaded some face textures, and the assets to make Dru and Blake Evans before I used all 20 downloads. So I can't make anyone else for a few hours.

For someone starting out, yes...it does make things easier and more accessible. For someone like me though, who has been making CAWs since 1999, and also who has 9 years experience with 3D modeling and texture mapping, it's a huge step backwards. I like to building individual frames for my character that are unique. This year I have to splice together body types that will have no new uniqueness to them. It's a personal gripe. Not game breaking...but I'm definitely not a fan of it.

Aaahhhh okay then, I understand where you're coming from now. I couldn't quite figure out textures in 2k16 so having presets helps me out. I think more so than anything it comes down to preference.

Two more additions are complete. Both are available on CC RIGHT NOW. Hashtag: OZCAWS

"The Nightmare" Blake Evans

Weight Class: Heavyweight

Debut: 2006 (Smackdown Vs. RAW 2007)

Theme: "The Good, The Bad, The Ugly" by Standing On Oblivion

Signature Move: Dreamweaver (Half Nelson Facebuster)

Finishing Move: Vertabreaker

6aarD82W.png vdhKswWf.png bwiI94XZ.png DvYC1g51.png muiBM0Hr.png
FESvs69i.png

Jayson Jones

Debut: 2003 (Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain)

Theme: "Long Live The Chief" by Jidenna

Signature Move: Chin Chilla' (Superkick)

Finishing Move: Brook-nam Bomb (Sit-out Spinebuster)

vZGwMHai.png q26mvryx.png IIcNh6W1.png a5gcnJFY.png gVcQOFMn.png

I think I'm starting to hit my stride. Initially I wasn't a fan of how the morphing works, but it's starting to grow on me. I like how they both look a lot leaner compared to how monstrous Dru's body is. I'd love to pump out more, but the way the download counter works this year is slowing the process. anyway. gimme some downloads, folks. The more I get, the closer I get to Diamond status...and can create and upload even more. and there's going to be a LOT more this year then in 2016.

Absolutely loving that you're back on day 1. Can't wait for Mr Adams for my Universe :)

Download limits have pretty much slowed my creative progress...lol. Uploaded some face textures, and the assets to make Dru and Blake Evans before I used all 20 downloads. So I can't make anyone else for a few hours.

No rush, I've barely started my Universe anyway!

Jidenna reference makes me happy.

Great CAWS as usual, I gotta say though overall this is the best creation suite we've had in years. I was just going to post my first WIP/feelings on the new and improved suite being absolutely fantastic. Besides the limbs, what issues are you running into? There's tons of parts, everything loads quickly now...you can really make amazing, detailed, unique guys (and ladies) this year.

How are you doing the tattoos on Blake? On the guy I create every year, I usually used a mix of Randy Orton and Bray Wyatt's tattoos, but they've removed them all this year!

I'd like to put some on his arms but when I did it last year, it came out looking like crap. Any tips would help!

How are you doing the tattoos on Blake? On the guy I create every year, I usually used a mix of Randy Orton and Bray Wyatt's tattoos, but they've removed them all this year!

I'd like to put some on his arms but when I did it last year, it came out looking like crap. Any tips would help!

Check out my brother TheMightyThr33x's thread. He's got a tut on how to stretch out logos on the arms.

I'd post an update on my latest creations, but the logo upload site hasn't been working at all. It keeps telling me new codes are invalid or expired. Another year of 2K glitches for everyone...

Time for an update! Just put the finishing touches on two more of my characters. Both are members of my class of 2007. I think I knocked it out of the park with the 2K17 versions of them. Both are available for download now. #OZCAWS.

Evan Slade

Weight Class: Light Heavyweight

Debut: SvR 2007 (Smackdown Vs. Raw 2008)

Theme: Deception Pt. 2 (Video Edit) by TesseracT

Signature Move: Straight To Hell (Straight Jacket DDT)

Finishing Move: Devil Trigger (Gory Bomb)

oe0J1ZYm.png psb3t0rP.png E3JeaD26.png qTOJua7f.png 4Hks8pSh.png

Primo Valiante

Debut: 2005 (Smackdown Vs. Raw 2006)

Theme: "They Live, We Sleep" by 16 Barre

Signature Move: Show Of Power (Fallaway Slam)

Finishing Move: Fall Of Rome (Flip Sideways Flap Jack)

x9d2LPO0.png n5Ghog7O.png 5vXpgHP8.png aDXYnJlC.png

Archived