Amazon Video

Oresama

Amazon video is frustrating to me, because they like to do these polls about which new pilot they will make a full show for. The best thing I've watched on Amazon has been 'Sneaky Pete'...which they only made one episode for. It got rated an 8.4/10 on IMDB, and I have never heard anything about additional episodes ever since. I did like the pilot for 'The Tick' though...and that has supposedly been ok'd for a full season.

Funny seeing this topic, I just downloaded the Amazon Video app on my phone last night... watched American Horror Story season 1, episode 1 for old times sake.

From what I immediately noticed, there's a solid list of things to watch...

Finished watching Season 3 of Transparent which was amazing.

Episode 1 was really strong and a lot different of an episode than we'd seen before. My mind went to the worst scenario regarding Elizah but I'm happy they didn't go with that. I actually thought that this was setting up for the rest the something for the rest of the season. Nope! Great episode but hopefully they return to that, not necessarily the crisis centre but Elizah coming back in some form.

Shelly started out really annoying. All her scenes garnered a "urgh" reaction from me but she brought it back around by the finale. Mainly thanks to the flashback episode. I was kind of expecting her to put up with Buzzy's bullshit after she figured it out. Yet again, glad they didn't go that route though.

After not really caring for Raquel previously, I really warmed to her this season. Leslie however continued to be the worst character on the show.

Shea was one of my favourite minor characters in the first two seasons so it was great to see more of her and I hope we continue to, her storyline with Josh was one of my highlights of the season but just Josh in general too. Although his character has had the least growth in my opinion, hopefully that's coming in Season 4.

Speaking of Season 4, I hope that Syd reappears, along with Shea, she was one of the characters that I wanted to see more of this season...and she didn't appear at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazon Video for me is "meh" tbh.

The only thing that I've personally used it for was to watch Constantine although I have been meaning to watch Lucifer and Preacher. The only thing that I'm really waiting for with it is The Grand Tour, that aside it rarely gets used.

Amazon just needs its own identity. They have a lot of the same stuff that the other video streaming services offer. So they really need a few things that set them aside from everyone else. The Tick will be a good start...so will this Studio Ghibli series. Overall, any video on demand service is going to be mostly the same. I think you can find things worth watching on any of them. Hulu is probably the weakest, tbh...but at least they have replays of WWE, and some pretty decent classic films.

Bosch got picked up for 4th season! The 3rd hasn't even aired yet, awesome news. It's probably the single best show on Amazon.

Oh and to me, being in the UK I find Amazon 5x better than Netflix, as UK Netflix has basically nothing. Whereas Amazon has Bosch, latest seasons of Hell on Wheels, occasionally DC animated films, Batman TAS, Justice League Unlimited, Newest season of Mr. Robot, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Amazon video is frustrating to me, because they like to do these polls about which new pilot they will make a full show for. The best thing I've watched on Amazon has been 'Sneaky Pete'...which they only made one episode for. It got rated an 8.4/10 on IMDB, and I have never heard anything about additional episodes ever since.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been watching a lot on Amazon recently.

Just finished Season 1 of American Gods, really enjoyed that and I'm enjoying Mozart in the Jungle. Going into Season 3 of that now.

Been watching Season 3 of Casual as that airs. Valerie's become a bit tiresome this season but I like the new additions of Casey, Judy and Rae. Would like to see more of Leia too.

Finally got around to watching The Tick. It was decent but I'm not sure I'd watch a whole season of it.

Thinking of giving Mr. Robot another try too. I watched the first season a while back and it was okay but I couldn't really get into it.

Archived