Fun article (SC Stunner = most important move in wrestling)

Generations

I would say the Stunner and the Atomic Leg Drop are the most important moves in wrestling. Would Austin have existed if Hogan did not do three leg drops on the Macho Man? He became part of nWo and ushered in another new era where someone like Austin could easily rise to the top. But other than that, the Stunner is an iconic and perfect move in pro wrestling, next to Sweet Chin Music and RKO/Diamond Cutter.

The Stunner became the signature move of the "Attitude Era". If Austin is only remembered for one thing, it will be the Stunner.

The Stunner became the signature move of the "Attitude Era". If Austin is only remembered for one thing, it will be the Stunner.

WHAT?!

That would be the third thing.

1: Stunner

2: 3:16

3: WHAT?

Hah! Cenaz Zpringboard Ztunner >>>>> the Stone Cold Stunner. No comparison! No one will even remember him OR Ric Flair after Cena dwarfs his 16 times and retires. Bahahaha!

The Stunner was so perfect for Austin's character. It wouldn't have been believable if he had a move that required something that looked like it needed some sort of set up like the People's Elbow. It's like, I could genuinely imagine sitting in a bar. Suddenly, a glass smashes and some badass S.O.B. with an attitude walks in, starts kicking people in the gut and dropping them one by one. It defined an era. Jim Ross also had a huge part to do with it. I can't imagine mimicking the move without 'scream whispering' "Bah Gawd! Bah Gawd! Stunner!"

Archived