God of War Series (Ragnarök 2022)

Jeb ★

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. I caved in and ordered it. Going into the story almost completely blind. Conveniently, Amazon restocked it today and it's the cheapest price on the market brand new, though not by much.

Were there any pre-order bonuses? I never checked beforehand.

I'll be picking up a copy during my lunch break here at work... one of my relatives (mistakenly) pre-ordered it for me through Amazon before Christmas, since it was on my wish list. Problem there is, they don't have Amazon Prime... so it won't arrive here until the 26th or 27th... I simply cannot wait that long.

Fingers crossed the local Target actually has a copy or two on the shelf.

EDIT: Mission accomplished... even managed to get some God of War freebie in-store.

Edited by NegativeCreep

I forgot how brutal this *Censored* Kratos is

Also Triple H has to be top of the list of people who would play old man Kratos in a movie

Yo Aleister Black is a real piece of shit

Edited by EJ!

I forgot how brutal this *Censored* Kratos is

Also Triple H has to be top of the list of people who would play old man Kratos in a movie

Yo Aleister Black is a real piece of shit

LMFAO @ Aleister Black :lol:

Tomasso Ciampa could be a young Kratos

Got my copy at 11am today (thank you UPS dude). Played it for about three solid hours after that. It's soooooo *censored*ing good. I love every little detail that went into everything.

It's so damn good, that I want to play it more now that my day is over, but I also don't think I should...because I'm probably too tired to appreciate it. It feels like a game that should only be played in good spirits and fully absorbed...like an expensive alcohol.

Edit - So, I broke down and played it more tonight anyway. I must admit...I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by some things. Is this an open world God of War game? What is happening here? I feel like there is stuff that I definitely need to return to when I get a specific ability or power level...and that is really throwing me off. I don't remember GoW ever being like that. Not a complaint...just an observation. Like I said...I'm feel a bit overwhelmed in the sense of not knowing what I should be doing, and the order which I should be doing it in. I don't want to miss any side stuff, but I've also encountered things that I'm 99% sure I can't yet proceed with.

So far, this game is feeling a lot like the Tomb Raider reboot...which is awesome. I didn't really expect it to feel like that...but that is how it feels to me. Like a combination of Tomb Raider reboot (reading runes, collecting artifacts, solving puzzles, upgrading every facet of everything, etc)...and also the same type of "parental co-op" as Last of Us. It's like someone took both of those awesome games, smashed them together...and then said "also, there's an ax". :lol:

Edited by Generations

Hmm.. this is on my 'games to buy' list. Though, never played a GOW game before, does that matter?

I would say...no, not at all.

But you definitely should play the old ones, just to know what kind of a person Kratos is, and all of the hellish shit that he's been through. That much definitely makes you appreciate the character development of the new game more...but it's not totally necessary...not at all. GoW 2018 seems to be a standalone game in my experience thus far.

You could play the new one first and the old ones after, or the old ones first and then the new one...I really don't think it matters much, personally. You should eventually play them all, though. If you play the new one, you won't even need to be told as much...you will want to play the old ones anyway. Because Kratos is the coolest mofo ever.

Basically, any GoW game that you play is going to make you say "why the hell haven't I played these games before". :lol:

I'm in love with this game.

For the past hour all I've done is row a boat and explore.

Love the moments where Kratos and Atreus just talk. Feels so nice.

Dude. The relationship between Kratos and Atreus is sooooo damn good.

very minor spoiler:

I love how Kratos is "all powerful" and shit, but he can't *censored*ing read. Having Atreus read all of the runes is one of the most amazing things ever scripted in a video game...ever. It makes the character of Kratos that much better. It's like...Kratos can kill shit with brute strength, but he's getting old...and now his kid is researching the enemies and writing down weak points to help Kratos get the upper-hand. And as strong as Kratos is, he would be lost and hopeless in the very beginning of the game without Atreus to tell him what needs to be done. It's *censored*ing magical.

And I also love how Atreus allows the game designers to be like "hey dummy, you're supposed to do this thing over here"...but it just comes across as an annoying kid who you can ignore. You feel like the adult in control, demanding respect...but you also have that nagging reminder about what you probably should be doing.

Edited by Generations

Kratos is about to call Atreus a lil *Censored* at some point. You can feel the blackness coming out. Not as black as TC Carson made him but still

I don't agree with this at all.

To the contrary, I think Kratos does a pretty good job of being a father without really knowing what he's supposed to be doing. I like the little moments when he knows that he should reach out, but he holds back because he doesn't want to make Atreus soft or whatever. - I haven't played the game too long...but he's already done this two or three times.

Kratos is about to call Atreus a lil *Censored* at some point. You can feel the blackness coming out. Not as black as TC Carson made him but still

I don't agree with this at all.

To the contrary, I think Kratos does a pretty good job of being a father without really knowing what he's supposed to be doing. I like the little moments when he knows that he should reach out, but he holds back because he doesn't want to make Atreus soft or whatever. - I haven't played the game too long...but he's already done this two or three times.

Not out of anger

Also, when it comes to the father/son relationship...

I love that "Spartan rage" is meant to be a very limited boost of strength under normal gameplay circumstances...but there are times when Atreus is in danger, and the game just lets you go ham with unlimited Spartan rage. Like...Kratos leveling an entire civilization, smashing faces on boulders, tearing down mountainsides... :lol:

Edited by Generations