Watch Dogs 2

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was that what made the first so bad (or unfinishable, for lack of a better term)? I'm seeing mixed opinions towards the first but, since I haven't played it, I don't know exactly why it rubbed people the wrong way so much.

It was a combination of it taking itself to seriously, rather repetitive gameplay (*censored*ing tower missions), and simply not measuring up to Ubisofts hype train. If you're like me and went in without expecting the game to live up to the impossible standards, it was honestly decently fun.

Watch Dogs 1 made the huge mistake of taking itself WAY to seriously. This one looks like it's not going to do that, which is great.

This is exactly the problem I had with it, should've had more fun interaction and creativity. The first one kinda had a dry feel to it, Aiden wasn't a very good character either. The story was just way too serious for the concept of the game.

Aiden was hit or miss as a character, but the T-Bone DLC was top-notch. Good character, fun story, and it was essentially what the original should've been. Watch Dogs 2 definitely looks like it'll have the soul that the first lacked.

Was that what made the first so bad (or unfinishable, for lack of a better term)? I'm seeing mixed opinions towards the first but, since I haven't played it, I don't know exactly why it rubbed people the wrong way so much.

It was a combination of it taking itself to seriously, rather repetitive gameplay (*censored*ing tower missions), and simply not measuring up to Ubisofts hype train. If you're like me and went in without expecting the game to live up to the impossible standards, it was honestly decently fun.

And the fact that they scaled down the graphics despite showing them in action. Watch Dogs 1 didn't hit the spot with me, I finished the campaign just because I didn't want to waste the money I invested into it.

However, this looks much better. But, from what happened last time? I won't make the same stupid mistake. Will wait for videos showing it off (from actual gamers I mean) before considering it.

And the fact that they scaled down the graphics despite showing them in action. Watch Dogs 1 didn't hit the spot with me, I finished the campaign just because I didn't want to waste the money I invested into it.

However, this looks much better. But, from what happened last time? I won't make the same stupid mistake. Will wait for videos showing it off (from actual gamers I mean) before considering it.

They didn't even scale them down, they just locked off the E3 settings. a modder discovered it and made a tool to re-activate it.

They didn't even scale them down, they just locked off the E3 settings. a modder discovered it and made a tool to re-activate it.

Oops.. slight mistake on my part there, as that's what I meant lol.

Oops.. slight mistake on my part there, as that's what I meant lol.

yeah, but that's even worse. because the effects work fine.

not falling for their hype tricks again. Waiting for a month before release to decide whether to purchase or not. Developers can say all they want about new additions, better story, more interesting characters, etc. but till I see it, in a final, playable form, I'm not buying it anymore.

If I may chime in to the above conversation, the game was just a disappointment. Graphics, effects, and the like of course were downgraded-but the whole thing was degraded. The storyline sucked, and while it had some good moments, and explored some interesting themes briefly, failed to deliver. The main character was also a terrible human being.

Archived