• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#21 PaperThinWalls

PaperThinWalls

Doo-Dah

• Global Moderator
  • 7,252 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:50 PM

NEW UPDATE: David Gordon Green is directing the new Halloween film and is co-writing the screenplay with Danny McBride.

Well, that's an unexpected creative team. I'm interested to see what their take on the franchise is.

#22 NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep

I'm doing this alone!

• Members
  • 5,118 posts
  • SEN (PS3): NegativeCr33p_94
  • Steam ID: NegativeCreep
  • Twitter: @N3gativeCr33p

Posted 10 February 2017 - 04:04 PM

NEW UPDATE: David Gordon Green is directing the new Halloween film and is co-writing the screenplay with Danny McBride.

Well, that's an unexpected creative team. I'm interested to see what their take on the franchise is.

Yeah, that makes two of us then...

#23 Beardd

Beardd

Hall of Famer

• V.I.P
  • 19,719 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 04:38 PM

A buddy called me bashing the shit out of this idea. But I disagree...

...I don't think it matters that they're comedy writers. It's strange but I'm not going to bitch about it. Apparently Jordan Peele's upcoming "Get Out" horror movie is amazing and he's from the same background.

Halloween is my favourite movie of all time and I absolutely hated Zombie's take on it. But I'm willing to give this a shot at least.

Edited by King Neckbeard The First, 10 February 2017 - 04:38 PM.

#24 Bdon

Bdon

Taxation is Theft

• Members
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:56 AM

A buddy called me bashing the shit out of this idea. But I disagree...

...I don't think it matters that they're comedy writers. It's strange but I'm not going to bitch about it. Apparently Jordan Peele's upcoming "Get Out" horror movie is amazing and he's from the same background.

Halloween is my favourite movie of all time and I absolutely hated Zombie's take on it. But I'm willing to give this a shot at least.

Halloween is my favorite too. Zombies take wasn't complete shit but it wasn't great. His sequel however, was dog shit.

#25 Mr.Dreadful

Mr.Dreadful

Legend

• Members
  • 9,346 posts
  • Gamertag: XB1- Dukesfan77
  • SEN (PS3): PS4- randomCanadian77

Posted 11 February 2017 - 02:25 AM

imma leave this here.

#26 Austo194

Austo194

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 833 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 08:09 AM

It's all subjective. I thought Zombie's remakes were fine. At first, I didn't like the second one but when I watched it again this past Halloween I enjoyed it a bit more.

Halloween 5, 6 and Resurrection are complete dog shit though.

#27 Scott Eastwood

Scott Eastwood

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 08:12 AM

Their the same ones behind "Your Highness" 

Edited by Scott Eastwood, 11 February 2017 - 08:12 AM.

#28 PaperThinWalls

PaperThinWalls

Doo-Dah

• Global Moderator
  • 7,252 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:46 PM

Yup, exactly -- that's what makes this announcement such a curve ball. As far as I'm aware of, neither have written or directed a horror picture.

#29 Ernez

Ernez

People Power

• Universal Moderator
  • 13,353 posts
  • Gamertag: Ernez

Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:09 PM

I actually kind of liked Zombie's take on it. 

#30 Beardd

Beardd

Hall of Famer

• V.I.P
  • 19,719 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 08:37 PM

I like that he attempted his own spin on it but I hated how he made all the characters trashy. I hated Loomis and Laurie with a passion so I didn't care what happened to them.

Surprisingly, I do like Zombie's other films.

#31 Austo194

Austo194

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 833 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:11 PM

Jamie Lee Curtis is returning for this as Laurie Strode.

#32 NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep

I'm doing this alone!

• Members
  • 5,118 posts
  • SEN (PS3): NegativeCr33p_94
  • Steam ID: NegativeCreep
  • Twitter: @N3gativeCr33p

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:28 PM

Yeah, I just read that on social media minutes ago.

Guess my interest is piqued now.

#33 PaperThinWalls

PaperThinWalls

Doo-Dah

• Global Moderator
  • 7,252 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:47 PM

Keep the surprises coming!

Since this new movie will apparently be a direct sequel to the original I have a feeling they will drop the sister/brother angle they introduced in Halloween II.

#34 Salvaje Beast

Salvaje Beast

Zondo

• Members
  • 14,925 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:01 PM

Wow, cool news update! Based on interviews with the director and writers months ago, I was expecting this to be completly on it's own in an original story not related to any film in the franchise while not being a remake either.

Although, it was rumored before that this will be a sequel to the original or part 2 and so I guess that's where Jamie Lee Curtis comes in. Really hope they drop the sibling element as well(which was teased in the interviews)

#35 Fight Me.

Fight Me.

Let me in.

• Members
  • 46,278 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:13 PM

I was just gonna ask how is she coming back when she died in Resurrection, didn't know this was going to be a direct sequel to the first or second Halloween film lol.

#36 Salvaje Beast

Salvaje Beast

Zondo

• Members
  • 14,925 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:08 AM

Yet another new timeline in the original series like with H20.

Some fans and casuals will be confused as *Censored* lol

#37 Ziggy Vercetti

Ziggy Vercetti

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real"

• Members
  • 60,044 posts
  • SEN (PS3): RockstarZigs
  • Twitter: Ask

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:41 AM

rAJZ91z.jpg

#38 PaperThinWalls

PaperThinWalls

Doo-Dah

• Global Moderator
  • 7,252 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:29 PM

Continuing from the Horror Films Discussion topic...

Halloween fans are mixed on the new film next year being another alternate timeline where this takes place many years after the original film and ignores every other sequels, including the brother/sister element.

Different timelines doesn't bother me. I currently prefer the H1,H2 and H20 timeline (I don't acknowledge Resurrection though)but I can still enjoy the whole franchise in a marathon.

Those neckbeards can *Censored* off.

And I say that as a huge Halloween mark who writes screenplays and wants to do it for a living because of the effect Halloween had on me as a child.

Heh. Awesome that they finally confirmed it. With Carpenter attached, I would have been a little surprised that he'd want all that brother/sister baloney in the new film. 

For reference, here's the quote from the Stereogum interview where he confirms the news:

STEREOGUM: Jamie Lee Curtis is coming back for the new Halloween. Did you get involved with getting her on board?

CARPENTER: No. She talked to the director. Her part was written into the script and they had this idea — it’s kind of a… I don’t know how to describe it. It’s almost an alternative reality. It picks up after the first one and it pretends that none of the other [sequels] were made. It’s gonna be fun. There’s a really talented director and it was well-written. I’m impressed.

#39 Salvaje Beast

Salvaje Beast

Zondo

• Members
  • 14,925 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:02 PM

I forgot there was a Halloween thread. I expected this but glad it's finally confirmed with more news starting to pop up.

Judy Greer is in talks to play Laurie's daughter, John Carpenter will compose, a shooting location has been found and of course the confirmation of the film's timeline.

It's rumored that Laurie's role will be similar to Dr. Loomis

Will be very interesting to see post-H1 Laurie confront old man Michael and not as a sister. Plus Michael stalking new random victims

#40 Fight Me.

Fight Me.

Let me in.

• Members
  • 46,278 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:09 AM

Oh damn, didn't even think about how they weren't revealed as brother/sister in the first movie.

I don't mind this alt timeline at all, I'll always support the series. Same goes for the Child's Play series, I still got pretty excited for the new one that just came out on Netflix as I have for any other Chucky movies. :lol:

Edited by Fight Me., 23 October 2017 - 06:13 AM.