Power Rangers - 2017 Thread

classiq.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new Rita, Elizabeth Banks' character looks like Poison Ivy. I was a huge fan of the original Power Rangers and I even enjoyed the first movie. I'm liking the fact that Bryan Cranston is gonna be playing Lord Zedd. I'll most likely check this out.

The new Rita, Elizabeth Banks' character looks like Poison Ivy. I was a huge fan of the original Power Rangers and I even enjoyed the first movie. I'm liking the fact that Bryan Cranston is gonna be playing Lord Zedd. I'll most likely check this out.

he playing zordon zedd isnt in the movie but it been confirm goldur is prob be the main monster

he playing zordon zedd isnt in the movie but it been confirm goldur is prob be the main monster

Oops, that who I meant. My bad. But thanks for the clarification.

After those promo pics with.pieces of the zords visible I was hoping to.see.more of that . But I.guess.I.should be careful.what I wish for. I should just stick with.this.cause there's still mystery. There will be more trailers and one of them will practically BE the movie so I'll be careful from here.on out

• 3 months later...

If you care enough, you've already seen it, but screw it. I'm bumpin it! XD

Man I really want this to succeed. If they can get at least three movies out of this and they're all at least somewhat consistently good, that's all I need

I loved the original Power Rangers show as a kid but im not interested in this at all. It's pretty much on Super Mario brothers movie level of stupid imo. Completely turned into pure crap.

• 2 months later...

It wasn't a piece of shit like Transformers or TMNT and that made me happy. Some gripes I'm seeing are about how once the big battle at the end started, it lost its grip on you. For me, I felt like there were hiccups as the story was coming together in the first half. By that I mean I felt like this movie was trying to approach broader subjects like the Marvel movies have been, but they ended up being one time mentions with no following build ups.

As a fan of the TV show, it was really enjoyable, but it did have me scared once it opened to Angel Grove with that gag... and set me into seeing the five rangers as being idiots/assholes and at times it didn't feel like they were becoming a team, but it smoothed itself out thanks to a certain moment with Billy. The movie was a good Day of the Dumpster. Loved what lore they built into the story from the beginning that I wasn't expecting at all to be brought up. What Bryan's Zordon brought to the movie was really different and I liked the character interaction Zordon had with the power rangers in this. Was a good change.

Now about Krispy Kreme. Wow that was so damn cheesy. But I was fine with that. I found myself laughing when Rita was shown spending a good 20 seconds eating a donut. Because the series has always been cheesy so I enjoyed that they made Krispy Kreme be the location of the Zeo Crystals

There's talk about making a six film franchise which I'd be happy to see come.

Whoops! I forgot to post in here. I've been hyped for this movie since the day it was announced. Watched it on Friday night. Pretty good movie. Could use some more action for sure. I give it a 7.5/10. I love the little easter eggs and references to Power Rangers lore. Speaking of Power Rangers lore, there's a lot of good stuff to draw from for sequels! I just hope they make enough profit to greenlight a sequel, because my theater was kinda empty. It was like the time I went to see Digimon: The Movie, except less kids this time. I guarantee a sequel could be a lot better, with much more action. Especially if we get Lord Zedd or the evil Tommy Oliver storyline.

The true litmus test: Usually when I'm in the movie theater, the movie reaches a certain point in the middle where I get tired and I'm like "Okay, I've been here for a while now. Time to check my watch." But with this movie, I was captivated the whole time. I wanted to see more. I didn't want it to end! Of course, I may be biased, as a 90s kid who grew up on this. But there are a lot of positive reviews from YouTubers. The only negative one I saw was from Angry Joe.

EDIT: RJ Cyler (Billy) stole the show, and I expected that.

• 4 weeks later...

It wasn't a piece of shit like Transformers or TMNT and that made me happy. Some gripes I'm seeing are about how once the big battle at the end started, it lost its grip on you. For me, I felt like there were hiccups as the story was coming together in the first half. By that I mean I felt like this movie was trying to approach broader subjects like the Marvel movies have been, but they ended up being one time mentions with no following build ups.

As a fan of the TV show, it was really enjoyable, but it did have me scared once it opened to Angel Grove with that gag... and set me into seeing the five rangers as being idiots/assholes and at times it didn't feel like they were becoming a team, but it smoothed itself out thanks to a certain moment with Billy. The movie was a good Day of the Dumpster. Loved what lore they built into the story from the beginning that I wasn't expecting at all to be brought up. What Bryan's Zordon brought to the movie was really different and I liked the character interaction Zordon had with the power rangers in this. Was a good change.

Now about Krispy Kreme. Wow that was so damn cheesy. But I was fine with that. I found myself laughing when Rita was shown spending a good 20 seconds eating a donut. Because the series has always been cheesy so I enjoyed that they made Krispy Kreme be the location of the Zeo Crystals

There's talk about making a six film franchise which I'd be happy to see come.

haven't seen the movie yet but i didn't have an issue with David Fielding's Zordon on the original. i guess i should watch it, i've been putting it off lol

Archived