WCW 2016 The Redux

KamenRangerW

Hey FPR fans, Inspired by the works of Desertpunk and DJKM. I'm gonna be working on a 2016 redux of what I think the current roster for WCW would look like had they not closed. Included will be 6 WCW logos off of REV's 2008 WCW save. Now I haven't exactly worked everything out on the save. I'm currently going through all the potential roster. Trying not to do anything that's been done before edit wise. I did get permission to use some DP edit bases. I'm still awaiting permission from DJKM to use some. But unfortunately he doesn't answer my PM's on another site. I've got the rings,refs,logos and belts all set up.

Belts

WCW

World Heavyweight Championship

United States Championship

Television Championship(Yup I brought it back)

Cruiserweight Championship

World Tag Team Championship

Women's Championship

Power Plant(WCW Development Territory)

World Championship

Tag Team Championship

Women's Championship

Logos

WCW(Classic Style)

Starrcade

Clash Of The Champions

Slamboree

World War 3

Saturday Night

Roster

?

Refs

Earl Hebner

Charles Robinson

Slick Johnson

Nick Patrick

John Finnegan

?(Mystery Ref)

Ring

All The Logos Above

Generic PPV 1

Generic PPV 2

Power Plant TV

Power Plant Super Show

• 3 weeks later...

The only thing is the roster. But I can't release it till I get the approval of DJKM to use his base edits.

*Edit*

Best I can do is email you it as a personal save so you can use it. But I can't make it public at the moment sadly.

As a big FPR fan I'm heavily interested in this. I'm digging the concept of a What If? universe for WCW. I had REV's WCW 2008 save and the logos were fantastic. I used Desertpunks redux save but didn't get completely into it because of the roster. Are you basing it off of TNA's roster or just your take on what on what it could of been like? I like that you plan on having a Women's division as indicated by the titles listed. Looking forward to using it.

I liked Rev's fantasy roster, so I'll probably like this. It actually give me an idea of doing a fantasy roster in No Mercy. I have an idea of a 4 Horseman stable with Flair playing JJ Dillon, Cody Rhodes taking Flair's place as "The Natural" Cody Rhodes, Karl Anderson and Bobby Roode as Arn and Tully, and Harry Smith as Barry. I'd like to see what you come up with.

I've got stables in there. Some original ones and real ones. I'm thinking of changing Power Plant to Georgia Championship Wrestling or Mid-South for nostalgic purposes. I did add a WCW Classic section that's full of legends in their prime. It's shaping up everyday I play it. This will be the biggest roster WCW has had. It has a strong tag team and womens division.

Ok I'm gonna give it another week to let DJKM answer my message. If he doesn't I'll just release it privately through email. That way I can't get in trouble with him for releasing it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I added a "Hall Of Fame" section to the save. I know the silently killed that off in 1995 for WCW. But I brought it back stemming from 2002-2016. Think of WCW's HOF as a general wrestling one. They'll put whoever they believe deserves to be there. Regardless if they ever worked for NWA or WCW. Hence why Andre The Giant has made the 2002 class of inductees. I haven't completely finished up the! Hall Of Fame yet. But each year will have a class of 6 or less depending. Sometimes it might a group induction or even a family as a whole. Yes by family I mean the Von Erichs or Harts type families. I also added a expansion roster under BONUS. It's full of people you can add to the WCW or GCW rosters if you want. I tried to pack as much as I could into this one save. Giving you the best WCW experience I could provide you. I added in a additional stable to the mix. I brought back the 4 Horsemen to the main roster. I took a different approach to it. I made James Storm the leader. I added Adam Cole as the secondary member. He's the cruiserweight/TV title runner for the group. Finally the tag team of Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson. I added them because they honestly remind me of the days of Arn and Tully as a tag team. Just two rough tough guys that beat the shit out of their opponents. As always I brought Ric Flair back as the groups Mentor/Manager. Once I finalize the HOF and test the A.I. on everything. I'll start emailing anyone who wants this it. Unfortunately DJKM is unwilling to answer me. So everything has to be sent privately.

Before I forget again. I removed the womens division out of Georgia Championship Wrestling. I instead added a Shimmer promotion to focus completely on a womens show. So naturally I added even more women to Shimmer than I had in GCW. In this alternate universe Shimmer had signed a deal with WCW to become a development territory for their womens division.

• 3 weeks later...

*Update*

I slightly updated the main rosters a little more. I still haven't finished the Hall Of Fame yet. It's hard to choose who goes in each year. I also added a 4 Horse Women stable to compliment the original. Currently I have Ashley Flair(Charlotte),Tessa Blanchard,Sara Del Rey and Natalie(Natalya) Neidhart in it.

• 3 months later...

Archived