Velvet Sky Released

Guest Fight Me.

Guest Fight Me.

IMPACT WRESTLING today announced a mutual decision with TNA Knockouts veteran Velvet Sky to not renew her agreement.

Skys final in-ring appearance with TNA occurred in Orlando earlier today and will broadcast on an upcoming episode of IMPACT WRESTLING seen Tuesday nights at 9/8c on Pop.

This has been my home for 10 years and, no matter what happens in my future, I will never forget where Ive come from or the people who have helped me get where I am, said Sky. Thank you to everyone at TNA from talent to production to crew -who has helped me do what I love.

http://impactwrestling.com/impact-wrestling-and-velvet-sky-part/

Vel Vel Dudley anyone?

Velvet was always a decent wrestler, though I haven't watched TNA or seen her wrestle in a couple years so I'm not sure how much she's improved. If anything I see her doing the indy circuit and possibly landing with Lucha Underground. Though having WWE connections will at least get her a tryout.

If Velvet Sky does sign with WWE, it should be more of a role like Maryse, a manager only.

She adds no value to the Women's Division, which I think will see the departures of Cameron and Rosa Mendes (at least Cameron anyways) fairly soon.

I'd be surprised if she doesn't come back to TNA once WWE doesn't sign her. I feel like she leaves TNA for a short time every year, only to return shortly after. Personally I don't think WWE should sign her, because frankly she's been in TNA for the last decade and she's worked with some great names, but she still sucks in the ring.

• 3 weeks later...

During an interview last fall with Channel Guide Magazine, Bubba Ray Dudley offered his thoughts on the possibility of girlfriend Velvet Sky joining WWE to be his teams valet, or Duchess of Dudleyville.

Its no secret that me and Velvet Sky are together, he said. If you go on Twitter, I think the entire Twitter-verse would like to see that. She is probably the most over female wrestler out there that has never been in WWE. She looks phenomenal. I think the fans and the WWE Universe would love to see her in a WWE ring. Who knows? Maybe it will happen one day.

Since Velvet Sky is no longer under contract to TNA, it is now a possibility that she steps foot inside a WWE ring.

According to a report last week in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there are plans for the WWE Network to host a tournament for non-contract female wrestlers looking to earn a spot at WWEs Performance Center. The tournament is said to be heavily backed up by Stephanie McMahon and Triple H and will follow the same format as the ongoing WWE Cruiserweight Classic.

In a follow-up on this, one of the women being targeted for the show by WWE officials is Velvet Sky.

WWE is interested in having a few former TNA Knockouts appear on the show and she is one of them. While nothing has been finalized, Velvet Sky is willing to be a part of the show if it gives her the opportunity to finally land a contract with WWE.

Despite being under contract to TNA (until last month when both sides agreed to mutually part ways), Velvet Sky frequently tweeted the idea of joining WWE to manage The Dudley Boyz. She even tweeted photos of herself in Dudley Boyz attire.

https://twitter.com/VelVelHoller/status/650388114662400000

Velvet Sky, whose real name is Jamie Szantyr, has made a few appearances for WWE in the past. On a February 2005 episode of SmackDown!, she appeared as an extra during a party JBL held in front of fans. In her one and only match inside a WWE ring, she was defeated by Victoria at a Heat taping in July 11, 2005. At a Heat taping in January 2006, she was planted as a fan in the audience to be selected to dance with The Heart Throbs after a match.

Under her real name, she auditioned for the 2007 Diva Search, but did not make the final eight. Velvet Sky addressed her audition in 2012 during an interview with The Post and Courier.

The only thing Im going to say about that is the only reason I did that is because there were powers at be within that organization that told me they wanted to see me do it. Some higher-up people in the organization came to me and told me that they would like to see me do it, she told Mike Mooneyham. Its not a way that I wanted to break into wrestling. But if someone is basically telling you that they want to see you do this, then you do it. You bite the bullet and you do it.

http://www.ringsidenews.com/wwe-news/velvet-sky-headed-to-wwe/

We reported several weeks back here on DWN that WWE officials started quietly working on a new all-womens show for the WWE Network, similar to the Global Cruiserweight Series.

Its believed that we will see several TNA Knockouts on the show and now we know that WWE officials have expressed interest in Velvet Sky being involved. At last word there was no deal signed and everything was still in the early stages but a source close to Velvet, who dates Bubba Ray Dudley, says shes also interested as shes wanted to get in with the company for a while.

http://www.dailywrestlingnews.com/velvet-sky-headed-to-wwe-soon-for-new-project/

• 2 weeks later...

Archived