CAWs.ws
Facebook Twitter YouTube RSS Feed

She's a work in progress.....but also a hugger.

Bayley NXT

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Shiftygism

Shiftygism

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:44 PM

That's kinda funny given that's actually her face.

I used a texture, not the face upload.

It needs a bit more structure work, like slimming out the sides and definitely moving the mouth up a bit, but it resembles her more than any CAW I've seen this year given no one ever includes her laugh lines, or makes them bold enough.

A normal response would have been "okay, thank you for the suggestions". If you didn't want to accept people's opinions or suggestions then I'm not entirely sure why you even posted it. You posted your CAW onto a public forum and people are entitled to give their feedback. 

Obviously you think that this CAW is the shit and sadly, no-one else sees it that way which has clearly made you feel defensive. Try being more humble and being open minded about the posibility that your CAW really isn't that good. It can be though, if you listen to the experienced CAW makers on this forum (myself being one of them). 

As I said, I wasn't being defensive, I was joking around. Do I think my first attempt was "the shit"?

Hell no.

I said it needed more work, but I thought it shared the most striking feature which every Bayley character I've seen on PS4 lacked and that's her laugh lines. It was clearly labeled a WIP though and despite what you think, I actually do appreciate and have taken the guy's suggestions and have worked them into improving the face which has already came a long way from my initial version (I'll have a pic up of my current progress tonight). I'm well aware that you rarely knock shit out of the park on the first try, which I know from experience as I'm also a veteran CAW maker.

And yeah, as someone pointed out above I tend to over-exaggerate focal elements early on like for instance the laugh lines and then try to dial them back. I don't know if it's because I'm still programmed by the All Stars' creator or what, but it nearly always involves some fine tuning to get it right....or as close as you can.

But yeah, if I didn't care what y'all thought, I would've whipped this out...

s333t4.jpg

;)

eyebrows look too far from the eyes and the mouth is crooked weird...I''d fix both of those areas on that new one.

base eyebrow distance off this:

http://wrestlingnews...5/11/bayley.jpg

http://www.miamihera...2014ca_4418.jpg

http://bayleyfansite...pwP0rzosUuY.png

btw, her side profile:

http://bayleyfansite...6ec9a4faf_o.jpg

Yeah, I was going for a smirk.

It's gone in version three.

Edited by Shiftygism, 19 April 2016 - 09:42 PM.

#22 Brandon-X

Brandon-X

The Most Quotable Man Alive

• Members
  • 22,160 posts
  • Gamertag: ExtremistJaitsu
  • SEN (PS3): Jaitsu
  • Steam ID: JaitsuPatrol
  • Twitter: @Jaitsu

Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:46 PM

Round 2 as you call it still needs work (i'm sure you're aware of that of course) but you did great at better blending the laugh lines. I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes as you continue to work at it. :cool:

also, guys, try to remember that tone doesn't translate well over text. It's likely that you guys might've been feeling as if he was being defensive when he was more likely just taking the piss out of it.

#23 The D

The D

The Original

• Members
  • 16,438 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 04:35 PM

Gonna' be honest, didn't even read your response.

The features are all wonky. The mouth is up in places, down in places.. The eyes don't match at all, the eyebrows are like a squiggly line. Basically, I think you need to take more care on the morphing and actually comparing it to a good reference picture rather than just guessing.

#24 Shiftygism

Shiftygism

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:44 PM

Gonna be honest, you're a bit of a jerk.

But thanks for the pointers though!

#25 TheMike24

TheMike24

Opener

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • Gamertag: HitMaN MiKe24

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:57 PM

Bayley does have a Young granny face tho lol
yea but the mouth needs work

#26 RamPaige

RamPaige

Jobber

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:07 AM

I'd say what needs work now are the eyes because everything else is looking quite accurate.

#27 The D

The D

The Original

• Members
  • 16,438 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:10 PM

Uh huh, I'm the jerk. Reread all of your posts without this over the top internet gimmick, man.

#28 Mustacio

Mustacio

That Handsome Devil

• Members
  • 9,331 posts
  • Gamertag: DrMustacio

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:38 PM

Still looks a bit Sims 2-ish to me. Especially the eyes and mouth are overdone. Dial everything back/start over, I'd say.. Get a fresh take.

#29 Shiftygism

Shiftygism

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:38 PM

Uh huh, I'm the jerk. Reread all of your posts without this over the top internet gimmick, man.

"Over the top...internet gimmick"....lol

Ok, guy.....so sorry I offended you with my ace CAW creator persona.

But seriously, replying in a respectful manner trying clear up a misunderstanding isn't over the top, nor an internet gimmick.

Still looks a bit Sims 2-ish to me. Especially the eyes and mouth are overdone. Dial everything back/start over, I'd say.. Get a fresh take.

I actually did just that!

Wasn't happy with version three, version four going smoother. Changed the hair for something closer to her everyday look as the longass pony tails look too long in the ring, and right now I'm trying to experiment with the hairdying to see if I can pull off a painted bow that will look somewhat decent in game, but the controls for that as I'm sure you know are pretty cumbersome.....don't know if that will work, but I'm gonna give it a shot.

#30 Shiftygism

Shiftygism

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:33 AM

V4, went with a new hair style, and ran out of layers... 

26545121886_1a7450d3cc_b.jpg

#31 Mustacio

Mustacio

That Handsome Devil

• Members
  • 9,331 posts
  • Gamertag: DrMustacio

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:03 AM

V4, went with a new hair style, and ran out of layers... 

26545121886_1a7450d3cc_b.jpg

Eyes are a bit too far apart, mouth has a weird sharp angle/kink on either side - Eyes are a bit too square. Try to flatten the mouth a bit, move the eyes a bit up and a bit closer.

#32 Shiftygism

Shiftygism

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:14 AM

The angle in the third pic is probably the closest I've got thus far.

26499428312_1e681a5e5b_b.jpg

#33 OPC

OPC

WCW/nWo 4 life.

• Members
  • 12,145 posts
  • SEN (PS3): DaArtist1239 (PS4)

Posted 23 April 2016 - 01:48 PM

^ ok now im seeing Bayley a lot more. Nice job. 

#34 Boss KV

Boss KV

▀oss Squad

• Members
  • 3,231 posts
  • SEN (PS3): ForeignII

Posted 23 April 2016 - 05:02 PM

The angle in the third pic is probably the closest I've got thus far.

26499428312_1e681a5e5b_b.jpg

Now this is excellent!

#35 Jeb ★

Jeb ★

Broken Out in Love

• Global Moderator
  • 39,726 posts
  • SEN (PS3): jeb2830
  • Twitter: @jeb2830

Posted 23 April 2016 - 06:35 PM

Big improvement!

#36 AlterNation

AlterNation

The Man

• Members
  • 13,014 posts
  • Twitter: @MrAlterNation

Posted 23 April 2016 - 07:34 PM

Much much better.

#37 RamPaige

RamPaige

Jobber

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 07:55 PM

Really good. I don't think we'll ever get a Bayley that's completely accurate to the real thing considering the hair options and how Bayley's ponytail plays a lot into how she looks. But this is really good, pretty close.

#38 Shiftygism

Shiftygism

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:21 PM

Thanks, I was about ready to put her on ice as I was itchin' to play some other games but I gave her one last go around.

In a day or two I'm gonna redo the in-ring top and try to free up a few layers so I can split up the custom face logo I'm using and see if that will let me tweak the nose and eyebrows a bit as those seem to be the main issues remaining.

And yeah, the lack of a similar ponytail as well as the fact you can't narrow the width of shoulders really holds any decent attempt back. I still think if someone could nail the hair dye editor they could pull off a bow which would look sweet in-ring from a distance. Unfortunately, I have about as much patience with that as I do the logo editor in Fire Pro Returns.

Also, I don't know if they had Bayley in the pipeline or if it was my failed past versions that lit a creative fire under them, but I think it's awesome we're about to get at least two more really nice looking versions of her on PSN (Defract and Khabib's), I'm probably gonna have a Bayley triple threat as I did with the several awesome Sasha Banks CAWs I couldn't decide on a few months back, lol.

Good job, guys!

Edited by Shiftygism, 23 April 2016 - 11:22 PM.