#502 Generations

Generations

-wrestling has more than one royal family-

• Members
  • 86,689 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:28 PM

Just got to Saint Denis.

I. LOVE. THIS. GAME. 

Every time I think the level of detail or amount of things to do has reached the highest possible point, they surprise me with even more incredible shit. Like...I thought Strawberry was impressive. Doesn't come close to the level of detail in Saint Denis. You could go in first person perspective and crawl along the dirt, and you'd probably find tiny details in each cobblestone. :lol:

And the lighting...sweet baby Jesus...the lighting! 

Edited by Generations, Yesterday, 11:30 PM.

#503 Jeb ★

Jeb ★

HollyWood DRE🖤M

• Global Moderator
  • 35,471 posts
  • SEN (PS3): jeb2830
  • Twitter: @jeb2830

Posted Yesterday, 11:35 PM

Saint Denis is my favorite town too, even though the main characters hate civilization :lol:

#504 Generations

Generations

• Members
  • 86,689 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:42 PM

Saint Denis is my favorite town too, even though the main characters hate civilization :lol:

Honestly, that's what I love about it. I feel the same way Arthur does about cities, and the game spares no details in making Saint Denis look as dreadful as possible...even crushing you with that sour musical cue when you first lay eyes on it. Of course, there are nice areas of the city...but I love the brutal honestly when it comes to the seediness...especially the pollution aspect. Like...it's a complete shit hole. Some parts have a fancy coat of paint...but it's still a shit hole. Lol.

Also, having been to New Orleans myself, it feels like being there. Because, that's how it is. There are areas that look really damn nice...but you walk a little bit one way, and it's a complete mess. You look at the way the light diffuses through the smog, and you can almost smell/taste it. And the contrast between the gas lamps and the streets that have electric lighting is just a beautiful work of art by Rockstar. It's such a brilliantly visible contrast. 

Edited by Generations, Today, 12:05 AM.

#505 Mango kid

Mango kid

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 19,861 posts

Posted Today, 01:23 AM

So what states are represented in Red Dead I'm assuming Texas because of swamp and crocodiles

#506 Generations

Generations

• Members
  • 86,689 posts

Posted Today, 01:32 AM

New Mexico, Texas, and Louisiana.

Maybe a tiny bit of Colorado and Oklahoma. 

It's just a fictional amalgamation of the early US. The game pulls from many different areas without committing 100% to any concrete confirmations.

Edited by Generations, Today, 01:40 AM.

#507 Mr.Dreadful

Mr.Dreadful

Legend

• Members
  • 9,099 posts
  • Gamertag: XB1- Dukesfan77
  • SEN (PS3): PS4- randomCanadian77

Posted Today, 03:56 AM

Spoiler

#508 Generations

Generations

• Members
  • 86,689 posts

Posted Today, 07:56 AM

I played the shit out of this today, and I still haven't broke 50%. Lord jesus. :lol:

Minor spoiler involving a sidequest you do in Saint Denis for a "doctor" with an invention:

Spoiler

#509 NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep

Classy Ace... best Ace!

• Members
  • 4,296 posts
  • SEN (PS3): N3GAT1VE_CR33P
  • Steam ID: NegativeCreep
  • Twitter: @N3gativeCr33p

Posted Today, 01:25 PM

Also, having been to New Orleans myself, it feels like being there. Because, that's how it is. There are areas that look really damn nice...but you walk a little bit one way, and it's a complete mess. You look at the way the light diffuses through the smog, and you can almost smell/taste it. And the contrast between the gas lamps and the streets that have electric lighting is just a beautiful work of art by Rockstar. It's such a brilliantly visible contrast. 

I've also been to New Orleans, so I 100% agree... they absolutely knocked the ball out of the park with the visual likeness.