• Please log in to reply
863 replies to this topic

#21 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

Undefeated at Wrestlemania: 0-0

• Members
  • 21,824 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 12:49 AM

After 7 *censored*ing years, finally! I really hope this is for PC as well, if not I will definitely be buying a PS4 or XBO, for both the sequel and the HD remake.

#22 Avatar Mallen

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • SEN (PS3): darth_mallen

Posted 19 March 2016 - 09:56 AM

Ok starting to get annoyed. It's not Red Dead Redemption 2, it's Red Dead Revolver 3! Redemption is the sequel!

On topic: good news, should get round to playing this one

#23 Brandon-X

Brandon-X

The Most Quotable Man Alive

• Members
  • 22,037 posts
  • Gamertag: ExtremistJaitsu
  • SEN (PS3): Jaitsu
  • Steam ID: JaitsuPatrol
  • Twitter: @Jaitsu

Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:05 AM

Ok starting to get annoyed. It's not Red Dead Redemption 2, it's Red Dead Revolver 3! Redemption is the sequel!

No. Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor, NOT a full-on sequel. It was the start of a new franchise that its basis on a previous game with a few references, it is not a sequel to it. Nobody called Dragon Age "Baldurs Gate 3".

#24 Ayatollah

Ayatollah

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 02:04 PM

Eh. I'm going to be cautiously optimistic after the colossal letdown that was GTA V.

I really, really do not like the idea of playing as separate protagonists. 

I don't like that either. I enjoyed it in GTAV. I loved GTAV.

But I want Red Dead to have a Native American protagonist who has been "raised as a white man" so to speak...so that he's shunned by both the full Natives and the white folk. A sort of in-between character. He dresses like a white man, he goes into town, he buys guns and supplies...but he's not treated fairly...and the other Natives buck him because he has turned his back on them. That's what I want to see. I think that's the most compelling story they could tell.

Well, if were going with this they'll have to be three main protagonists. A white dude, a native dude and a bear. It won't work without a bear. 

Seriously, though. I like the idea. That's what they're kinda doing with Mafia III. 

#25 Generations

Generations

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 90,149 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:20 PM

No. Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor, NOT a full-on sequel. It was the start of a new franchise that its basis on a previous game with a few references, it is not a sequel to it. Nobody called Dragon Age "Baldurs Gate 3".

Yeah, exactly...in no way is this "Red Dead Revolver 3".

Redemption replaced Revolver. It was the fully fleshed out version of what they wanted Revolver to be, but couldn't achieve on PS2. It's just the growth of the genre. It's like saying the original Bioshock is "System Shock 3: Bioshock"...(which it obviously isn't, since they're now making a System Shock 3). I mean...aside from the western theme and the "Red Dead" part of the name, Revolver and Redemption couldn't be further apart as games. Redemption is clearly not a sequel to Revolver.  

#26 Crack.

Crack.

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 57,286 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:25 PM

Still want to play Redemption, never touched it

#27 Generations

Generations

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 90,149 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:35 PM

Still want to play Redemption, never touched it

You mean Revolver?

If you've never played Redemption, you've got a serious problem.

Edited by Generations, 19 March 2016 - 03:36 PM.

#28 FulGore

FulGore

Walkin' Tall Machine Gun Man

• Banned
  • 5,856 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 06:35 PM

I hope the zombie DLC comes with that remaster.

#29 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

• Members
  • 21,824 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 08:06 PM

I loved the zombie DLC, Undead Nightmare so yeah on that. Also, I hope native americans are roaming the planes and are a threat to the player.

#30 Brandon-X

Brandon-X

• Members
  • 22,037 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 09:29 PM

Undead Nightmare was freaking awesome. and both legitimately funny and legitimately unnerving at times.

#31 Mango kid

Mango kid

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 20,558 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:54 PM

i did love undead.  I felt guilty killing the last bigfoot  hoping that trick to get red dead on xbox one was a hint.  that they be release it but im still going wait for official annonce before i get my hopes up.

maybe they make it a two pack so you get the first and the second game that would really help sell the game 

#32 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

• Members
  • 21,824 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 11:22 PM

The zombies in Undead Nightmare scared me more than in any other zombie game. I guess it was being out in the wilderness, especially at night, and your horse was nowhere to be found and suddenly a bunch of zombies started running at you. The female zombies scared me so much more for some reason.

#33 ThreeG

ThreeG

The Last Son Of Krypton

• Forums Manager
  • 21,133 posts
  • Twitter: @_ThreeG

Posted 20 March 2016 - 03:31 AM

RDR is my favourite game of all time, but i don't wanna get my hopes up until I see something official. 😩

#34 Creepia

Creepia

WARDANCE.

• Members
  • 41,908 posts
  • SEN (PS3): CreepingHD
  • Twitter: CochiseJak

Posted 20 March 2016 - 03:36 PM

Well that's wrong. Redemption wasn't Red Dead Revolver 2. It was just another in the franchise. Sequels don't mean the second in the franchise, sequels mean a direct follow on from the story of the first. So you're getting annoyed for no reason.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be bullshit. I've waited for this for a long time. Redemption was the first game I bought for my PS4 and loved every second of it.

#35 Brandon-X

Brandon-X

• Members
  • 22,037 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 09:23 PM

i did love undead.  I felt guilty killing the last bigfoot  hoping that trick to get red dead on xbox one was a hint.  that they be release it but im still going wait for official annonce before i get my hopes up.

maybe they make it a two pack so you get the first and the second game that would really help sell the game 

The bigfoot mission was, indeed, really well done. And funny, surprisingly. Marstons lines could get a laugh out of me at the same time I feel terrible for doing it all.

#36 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

• Members
  • 21,824 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 09:50 PM

I would let the last big foot get away from me, and then pull out my shotgun and blast him. Wasn't that mission in the regular RDR or was that Undead Nightmare?

#37 Mustacio

Mustacio

That Handsome Devil

• Members
  • 9,331 posts
  • Gamertag: DrMustacio

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:35 PM

RDR is one of the most well-executed games ever, allonge with MGS 1 and Super Mario 3. So stoked for at sequel

#38 Corsipeus

Corsipeus

New Talent

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:44 PM

Wish Red Dead Redemption got a PC release. Imagine the graphical enhancements, it would have been tweaked to perfection. Damn shame.

#39 Bronson

Bronson

I Make Good Wrestle

• Members
  • 11,174 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:06 PM

I would let the last big foot get away from me, and then pull out my shotgun and blast him. Wasn't that mission in the regular RDR or was that Undead Nightmare?

It was in Undead, I'm pretty sure.

#40 Mr.Dreadful

Mr.Dreadful

Legend

• Members
  • 9,317 posts
  • Gamertag: XB1- Dukesfan77
  • SEN (PS3): PS4- randomCanadian77

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:27 AM

i hope there is an HD version for PS4/XB1 as i would definitely buy it again while keeping my 360 version. RDR is one of those games that deserves all the money they get.

Edited by ZEBRA 3, 23 March 2016 - 12:28 AM.