Red Dead Redemption 2

Bronson

http://fraghero.com/rumor-red-dead-redemption-2-details-leaked-e3-reveal-planned/

Red Dead Redemption was one of Take Two Interactives most successful games, selling more than 15 million units. A sequel (Red Dead Redemption 2) was always on the cards and now it seems a announcement is going to happen during E3 this year.

Rumor mills have been abuzz for quite some time suggesting a new edition of the hit open world wild west themed franchise is in development but things have got quite a bit interesting of late.

Fraghero received an email from a reader who wishes to remain anonymous claiming that the game has been in development for over 4 years and is in fact called Red Dead Redemption 2 : Legends Of The West.

He also claimed that the game will in fact be coming out in the fall of 2017 and Rockstar Games are going to announce it during E3 (which takes place in June) this year. He also informed that the game is going to contain more than one playable character and feature a much bigger open world than the last Red Dead title.

The person claims to have acquired these information from an ex-Rockstar Games employee and has also informed us that a HD remake of the original Red Dead Redemption is in development for next-gen consoles and will be releasing by end of this year.

It is to be noted that Fraghero cannot independently verify any of these information and all of it should be taken with a huge grain of salt.

Weve also conducted our own research about the possibility of a Red Dead Redemption announcement at E3 and things do seem to add up.

For starters, Strauss Zelnick, CEO of Take-Two, had previously confirmed that Red Dead Redemption and Grand Theft Auto franchises are permanent.

"I pretty much know the ones that I can assure you are permanent. Its obvious that GTA is a permanent franchise as long as we keep delivering this incredible quality; it seems quite obvious that Red Dead is a permanent franchise, again with the same caveat, or Borderlands, for example, and NBA and others"

Another interesting fact was the comment made by Danny Ross in an AMA request thread on Reddit. Danny, many believe is an ex-employee of Rockstar Games and worked for Opie & Anthony at that time.

To a question asking if he knew anything about what Rockstar was working on next, Danny had the following to say Really? Dumbass. Really? Two. Now, it wont take Sherlock Holmes to figure this one out.

If you take the first letter from every word he wrote, it adds up to RDR 2 which can be the short form for Red Dead Redemption 2. We know, clutching at straws, but you never know.

If you take into consideration everything, it suggests that Red Dead Redemption 2 might indeed be in development and if our anonymous tipster is to be taken seriously, were going to have the first look at the game during E3 this year.

Edited by Jeb ★
Title

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I save my hope for the official annoncement

But all this is is just a rumor with no real proof to back it up

It was a former employee who said it. For Christ's sake.

No it was a guy who doesn't want to be known that was told this by a former employee

It,heresay

No real,proof

Edited by Austin3035

Give us more customization and it'll be perfect. That was my only gripe with RDR. I hope this is real, since I'm only planning on grabbing a total of 3 games in 2016, and I've already bought one of 'em.

Not sure how much faith I put into this. Anonymous emails from people with insider info are fake just as often as they are real. Assuming this is real, I'm a little surprised that they're sticking with the Red Dead Redemption title. I always thought the last word was used in place of a number in a way. The prequel to RDR was called Red Dead Revolver was it not? I find it a little suspect that we're getting RDR2 though personally.

awesome news! i still think they should do a game about Landon Ricketts. also, i cant see RDR2 being a direct sequel to the first. it may be a different story cause RDR was set in the tear 1911, an one you get to the story playing as Jack, the year would be at least 1920. so maybe they will set RDR2:Legends of the West back to the mid 1800's. if this IS true(fingers crossed) it will be interesting if i will be an original storied game or if Rockstar will have real life wild west names like Billy the Kid, Bat Masterson, Frank and Jesse James, Butch Cassidy, Doc Holliday, Wyatt Earp, John Dillinger and others in it. the 'Legends of the West' name kinda gives off that impression.

Eh. I'm going to be cautiously optimistic after the colossal letdown that was GTA V.

I really, really do not like the idea of playing as separate protagonists.

I don't like that either. I enjoyed it in GTAV. I loved GTAV.

But I want Red Dead to have a Native American protagonist who has been "raised as a white man" so to speak...so that he's shunned by both the full Natives and the white folk. A sort of in-between character. He dresses like a white man, he goes into town, he buys guns and supplies...but he's not treated fairly...and the other Natives buck him because he has turned his back on them. That's what I want to see. I think that's the most compelling story they could tell.

Edited by Generations

Ok starting to get annoyed. It's not Red Dead Redemption 2, it's Red Dead Revolver 3! Redemption is the sequel!

On topic: good news, should get round to playing this one

No. Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor, NOT a full-on sequel. It was the start of a new franchise that its basis on a previous game with a few references, it is not a sequel to it. Nobody called Dragon Age "Baldurs Gate 3".

Eh. I'm going to be cautiously optimistic after the colossal letdown that was GTA V.

I really, really do not like the idea of playing as separate protagonists.

I don't like that either. I enjoyed it in GTAV. I loved GTAV.

But I want Red Dead to have a Native American protagonist who has been "raised as a white man" so to speak...so that he's shunned by both the full Natives and the white folk. A sort of in-between character. He dresses like a white man, he goes into town, he buys guns and supplies...but he's not treated fairly...and the other Natives buck him because he has turned his back on them. That's what I want to see. I think that's the most compelling story they could tell.

Well, if were going with this they'll have to be three main protagonists. A white dude, a native dude and a bear. It won't work without a bear.

Seriously, though. I like the idea. That's what they're kinda doing with Mafia III.

Ok starting to get annoyed. It's not Red Dead Redemption 2, it's Red Dead Revolver 3! Redemption is the sequel!

On topic: good news, should get round to playing this one

No. Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor, NOT a full-on sequel. It was the start of a new franchise that its basis on a previous game with a few references, it is not a sequel to it. Nobody called Dragon Age "Baldurs Gate 3".

Yeah, exactly...in no way is this "Red Dead Revolver 3".

Redemption replaced Revolver. It was the fully fleshed out version of what they wanted Revolver to be, but couldn't achieve on PS2. It's just the growth of the genre. It's like saying the original Bioshock is "System Shock 3: Bioshock"...(which it obviously isn't, since they're now making a System Shock 3). I mean...aside from the western theme and the "Red Dead" part of the name, Revolver and Redemption couldn't be further apart as games. Redemption is clearly not a sequel to Revolver.